Favorite Eye shadow Primer

amillion

I use UD primer potion and MAC brushes with Sephora brushes. I have seen where my es goes without a base versus the staying power with a base. I will forever use UD as long as they keep making that base. It's the best. Also others have said don't swipe the shadow on. I pat my on and build up to the color intesisty I want. Practice makes perfect. A year ago I struggled with es application today I can make several variations of the looks I like with different colors.

angelstar

i use a base (shu pro concealor in white) and instead of wetting the e/s or the brush before or during application, i mist water over my eye after application - but this only works for shimmery/metallic kind of shades.

Miss Pumpkin

Artdeco's Eyeshadow Base. It's fucking amazing, cheap and it lasts for ages!
th_worship.gif

Melisanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pumpkin
Artdeco's Eyeshadow Base. It's fucking amazing, cheap and it lasts for ages!
th_worship.gif

I agree! It has never let me down.
th_worship.gif

mjlover

i've just been using Stila shadow pot in honey (as it doesnt show up as a colour) but i am now going to buy this product off ebay ... how much is it in the US?

thanks

MACGoddess

I use a combo of MAC Bare Canvas Paint and MAC CCB. Thin layer of both and works like a charm! The e/s REALLY sticks on and it doesn't crease.

I am not so sure I like shadesticks though, I have 5 of them and I am only so so about them...

depecher

Does the UDPP dry your eyelids out? I can't use paints anymore because they dry my eyelids out to the point where they are raw. =(

inbigtrouble

I have to say that after trying Clinique, Urban Decay and Lumene's primers, I am a Lumene fan. The Clinique got a little dry in the compact and the Primer Potion, while it worked really well, did not last me long. The Lumene is a nice, huge tube, does the job well, feels more moisturizing (although I don't *think* it really moisturizes, it feels nicer, IMHO) and costs less. It is a drugstore brand from one of the Scandinavian countries but I can get it here in NYC drug stores. If you can find it, I highly recommend it!

sweetbabigurl

Best Eye Primer?!

Okay, I've been going thru every single make up stores you could possible think of. Just to see what kind of eye primer's they have... and i can't decide

What EYE PRIMER would you guys recommend :confused:

please and thannk you!

Steel

I can totally recommend the Lumene one. It hasn't failed me once and I've been using it for almost two years now and although I've been using it about five times a week I have maybe used 1/4 of the tube
th_worship.gif

pugmommy7

love paula dorf. limited color range though. i bought it with a brush- but i prefer finger application.
works like a charm on my oily lids and even keeps mascara in place. (i used to get sumdges from where my lashes hit my lids)

pjammer

Cosmetic Junkie

Although I am not terribly fond of the packaging, Urban Decay Primer Potion is the only thing I have found to work on my oily lids. It really makes my shadow last all day.

I haven't tried the new Mac Prime and Prep for eyes yet, because I have a stash of Primer Potion because it tends to sell out really fast.

eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif

tiff

I've only been using mine about a month (UDPP) and its ab fab! I never used to use a base and wondered why eyeshadow didnt go on well. Seems to be widley available in the UK in the stores that stock UD that is.