Favorite Eye shadow Primer

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahti
My UDPP has started doing something very very strange to my eyemakeup... I'm not sure wtf I'm doing ;/ I use quite a lot of Fluidliner in my eyemakeup, and after about an hour of wear it just... cracks off o_o;;; any help??

I've had the same results recently as well, for example, yesterday I used my Loreal Star Secrets palette and the rusty colour was super bright on my lids but it faded and made my lids look dark. That was without UDPP. Today I've used UDPP and it's settled in the creases but is still covering the eye and the colour isn't even that bright. I think I might change to use Spackle.

anje1013

I have tried Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Primer Potion both are good but not as good as Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer works better for me because I've notice that it does not crease and the color of the eyeshadows stays just as vibrant as when first applied. A little goes a long way so it will last you for a long time.

mistella

definitely Too Faced Shadow Insurance.. i still have my same tube and i've used it almost everyday since April of last year!

Shypo

At first I liked UDPP, but I'm finding that it's doing weird things on my lids....like if I don't get it all the way over to the inner corner and blend really well it causes the shadow to look strange - I can't describe it - sort of like it's peeling. So today I tried TFSI, and am having a similar issue with that. I can't use the paint pots that well....it must be my eyes - too dry or something.

I may go back to my 'Untitled' paint. Or just keep working with the UDPP & TFSI. It's been REALLY humid here lately so that may have some bearing on my results.

Ursula

I'm a fan of the MAC Paint pots. Painterly is perfectly neutral for lighter skin, though when I get a tan I move to groundwork and don't use it all the way to the brow.

peachy pink

Hey guys,

So my base is still pretty full but I do need a new one, I think. Because recently I got issues with my eyelids, they are really dry. On the one hand I might need a good eye moisturizer (think it's gonna be either Clinique "All About Eyes" or one of the MAC ones), but I got the impression that my base dries my eyelids, too. - that's why I think I need one that goes with sensitive eyes.

Now I'm using the ARTdeco base. But like I said, it's not that smooth..
And since I'm from Germany I can't get a hold of the UdpP.
Is there anything else you would recommend?

xo!

stv578

Benefit Fy eye, used it for years. If I want my shadows to pop more, I'll use a MAC shadestick over the fy eye.

My favorite eyeshadow primer is Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder foundation mixed with Lubriderm Moisturizing Lotion. It holds my eye makeup in place all day without creasing.

My favorite eyeshadow base is any NYX Jumbo pencil - except for black bean... it's greasy, messy and it creases like crazy...

MzzRach

Mine used to be Untitled Paint - and I still use that for travel, because the tube is so convenient.

But now my everyday base is Painterly Paint Pot.

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by loliver
I would not recommend UDPP to anyone who has ever had any sort of sensitivity to makeup. I had a terrible allergic reaction to UDPP and I do not have very sensitive skin. Something in the UDPP made my eyes swell up so much that I could barely open my eyes for several days. My doctor actually had to prescribe me steroids to reduce the swelling! I could not wear any makeup near my eyes for over a week.

I do, however, use and love Mac's CCBs for shadow primer. I personally use Pearl. Nights that I have fallen asleep without taking my eye makeup off, I have woken up the next morning to near perfect eye makeup.

I use the Pearl CCB too when my skin can't handle the UDPP. If you have any problems with oily lids, I've had problems with UDPP sometimes making my lids itch more than anything. I also love the joy that is paint pots to dabble with and am considering trying Too Faced Shadow Insurance(yay hype! lol) to see if it can do the job UDPP can't always do. The NYX Jumbo White pencil really does work as well as everyone says too....freaking widens the look of your eyes lining wise and gives you a canvas to paint the colors on to and it's bright and just stands out. I thought I was the only one who couldn't constantly use UDPP so it's good to know I'm not the only one.

I want a fairy to just make it easier and give me perfect skin so there's no need to dabble so many times. I'm placing my order now.
smiles.gif

Pink_Puddleduck

I am a Mac paint kinda girl, some time's i'll use the darker ones as my eye shadow for the day too and blend a little shimmery e/s into the crease ... viola easy, quick and effective eye shadow for whole the day
smiles.gif

Ode to Joy

I hear so many people rave about E.l.f.'s Mineral Eyeshadow Primer lately, people say it beats UDPP, but is it better than TFSI, too?

11335.jpg

Latest posts