Favorite MAC Brushes?

omegakitty

I love my 109, it is great & my MA taught me many uses r

I use it to buff foundation/tm for an "airbrushed" look, use it to buff in blush, use it to apply highlighting powder on my cheekbones & nose, great for buffing cream products...I also like my 242.

missytakespics

Favorite Brushes?

Im such a huge brush kick right now, name your faves and their uses...im about to place a huge order for brushes so name em ladies!!
in mac i already own the following:

missytakespics

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuy
174 (i have TWO of these!), 182, 187, 222, 239, 242

whats the 182? i dont see it on the pro site.
also what can the 174 be used for?

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by missytakespics
whats the 182? i dont see it on the pro site.
also what can the 174 be used for?

The 182 is the kabuki.

anuy

yeah, the 182 is the kabuki and the 174 is for just about everything! i use it for blush, bronzer, powders, etc etc etc

missytakespics

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
The 182 is the kabuki.

oh ok, i already have a cat kabuki and the smashbox #19 long handled kabuki so im set there.
basically this is my list of what i want...

tell me if these are good or if there is one that i should substitute for something else?

Piaqua

182 (the kabuki), 222 for crease, it's my HG crease brush, 272 is also great as a kind of all around brush. If I'm going away for a short time and dont want to take a bunch of stuff (or if I'll want to apply more make-up later at night and can't come home), this is the one I bring. It can put color on the lid, crease, and browbone well
smiles.gif
I'm also partial to the 209 (esp for fluidliners), but it looks like you already have some good eyeliner brushes.

brandi

i LOVE my 222 it's good for defining in your crease and blending.... and i 2nd the 239 it's really good for lustres to pack on color... instead of making it look like it's caked on...

Wattage

Hey Missy,

I love the 239 though in regards to the 272, I prefer the 275 myself - perhaps because I have big eyes and I find this helps blend a little better overall.
The 129 is great, I actually use it for dusting off excess shadow or major blending of the eye area. It is a little small for a blush brush IMO but nonetheless still a good brush.
The 180 is a must have. If this is all you order, get this one for sure. Better than the 187 for blending foundation, imo.
I dont own the 136 or the 192 so I don't know what to say other than I can't afford them right now
greengrin.gif

The 168 is one of my faves. I really think it is a must have.

Hope this helps!! Can't wait to see - post a pic! I am a major brush nut, too!

electrostars

I don't own any MAC brushes, I'm too cheap to buy any. XD

Although, I'm planning on buying some when I get me taxes back..What are some good eyeshadow brushes that I should get?

Thanks!