266- fluidline
217- blending and highlighting browbone
224- blending and creasework
116- blush

Juneplum

icon_bump.gif

matsubie

my favorites are:

219 - i wouldn't know what to do without this brush (for smoky eyes and lower lashline and inner eye shading....my favorite eye brush!

187 - foundation, blush, powder

190 - foundation

224 - i use this brush for blending smaller areas all throughout my face...you can literally use this one brush to do all your make up!

Meryl

231 for eye liner
222 and 217 which I find almost identical, but I love them both
194 for concealer

Which MAC eye shadow brushes can you not live without??

This is my first post in this community, and I have only recently allowed myself to admire MAC products. I knew what would happen...I want it all. With my 25th birthday coming up I've decided to ditch my scratchy BE shadow brushes and go for the gold. Before I just go and buy them all (which will happen eventually!!), I'm looking to just add 4 or 5 brushes to my collection.

What I'd love to hear from you guys is:

Which brushes do you use on a daily basis?

Which brush do you sometimes use, but couldn't live without?

I'm looking for a brush for my lid, crease, and blending...MAC has so many options!!

Thanks so much in advance!!!

NicksWifey

Re: Which MAC eye shadow brushes can you not live without??

My favorites are:

#213, for general application of my lid & browbone
#224, to blend everything, love this brush
#272, recently discovered this brush 2 months ago and so glad I'm did. It's replacing my beloved #219 because I find it's perfect for my crease and outer V.
#266, this is my liner brush that I use with fluidlines and eyeshadows. A MA used it on me about 2 years ago and I've had it ever since
#219, this brush used to be my favorite for my crease, but I don't reach for it too much anymore, except when I want to smoke out my liner. Still a great brush to have though.

Shaquille

Which brushes do you use on a daily basis? 224

Which brush do you sometimes use, but couldn't live without? 217

I use 217 for the crease, but 224 for most of the jobs.. good luck for ur decision making, and happy birthday..

gore_mon_amour

Which brushes do you use on a daily basis? 239, 224 & the 219. I use the 217 often, but not exactly *daily* - but 4 or 5 of the 7 days of the week I DO indeed use it. hehe
greengrin.gif

Which brush do you sometimes use, but couldn't live without? 217, 272 and I also love the 227 for applying a quick highlight/quickly blending out harsh lines

I was in the same predicament you were; so many choices. My first purchase *eye* brush-wise was the 239, 224 & 217. Couldn't make up my mind. Still my fav. brushes.
greengrin.gif

SoSoAmazin

Which brushes do you use on a daily basis? 217, 239, 227, 219

Which brush do you sometimes use, but couldn't live without? hmm.. the ones I use daily are the ones I can't live without!
smiles.gif
but if I had to choose ONE brush I could not live without, it's the 217! It can do a whole eye look if needed!

FiestyFemme

The brushes I absolutely use on a daily basis are the 242 (for lid work), 272 (for crease), 222 (outer V), 227 (highlight). I almost always use the 224 for blending too, but that can be done with the 222.

Others that I don't use daily but feel like I need are the 217 and 219. I like the 217 for outer V and crease work, and the 219 is great for smudging liner, a defined crease/outer V, and applying color to the lower lashline.

cocodivatime

I use the 224 and 242 everyday. They are my essentials because if i had to I could do a whole look with just those two brushes.

I use the 224 for a wash of a color underneath my browbone. I also use it for flawless blending and I do mean flawless.

The 242 is very versatile because I use it for my paint pots, pigments and also for eyeshadow. I even use the tip/corners of the brush if I want to apply e/s on my lower lid because the tip of the brush is thin enough.
I have other brushes that I could use too but it I'm in a rush I can reach for both of those brushes and i would be ok

I only have the SE version (mini) of the 242 but I need to invest in the full size

If you are just starting off your MAC brush collection try to invest in a few brushes that will serve dual roles so you can get more bang for your buck.
thmbup.gif

stacylynne

213, 224, 272, 219 & 266
266 is for my fluidline (eyeliner)