Fenty Beauty by Rihanna

GreenEyedAllie

So......I liked the scent well enough but it turns out I am allergic to it, as in sneezing my head off the rest of the afternoon after just trying it on my wrist! It did last on me all afternoon even after washing it off. I should have used an actual makeup remover but was too dumb to think of it.

Oh no!!! I'm glad you were able to try before buying!

LiliV

I'll probably try one of the lipsticks, but the palette is too colorful for me. I'm definitely interested to see her formula but I'll probably wait for some more neutral shadows

BrittLuvsMakeup

Oh see, I got unicorn first thing, haha. I love it. It's much more daily wearable than it would seem at first glance. Most of the oomph in that look of Riri's is Confetti with unicorn enhancing the cooler purple color.

I'm happy to hear you love Unicorn! I didn't think it would be too wearable on a daily basis, so I'm happy to hear that it is.

She is gorgeous. My skin tone is similar to hers. From now on-wards even I ll buy all products that she uses. lol,

You should! You'll already know ahead of time that it will look great on you!

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't see anything tempting here. Not my kinds of colors.

Unfortunately, I feel the same way. I'm not really tempted by anything at this time with the exception of the Gravity and Plutonic Relationship lip combo she is wearing at the Madrid launch party.

Last edited:

Cake Face

Oh see, I got unicorn first thing, haha. I love it. It's much more daily wearable than it would seem at first glance. Most of the oomph in that look of Riri's is Confetti with unicorn enhancing the cooler purple color.
I feel exactly same as you on Unicorn. I even recommended one of my colleague to buy. And she loved it.

I REALLY wanted Unicorn to work this way for me because I've had a life long obsession with all things purple, but it leaned more silver on my skin tone. And confetti was too glittery for my liking. I ended up going with the Milk holographic highlight in supernova, that one was unmistakably lilac on my skin and had a gorgeous finish. Topped it off with the Mac Justine Skye unicorn powder and it was :heart::heart::heart:

Rinstar

People were really excited to see Rihanna trademark her name/brand for skincare and wine etc lol

View attachment 61511

:roflmao:LOL Fenty Health

I am officially on the Fenty train now. Tried my sample of the foundation yesterday and LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! It really does have a filtered look to it and it stayed more matte than anything does on my grease ball face, without looking dry and flat. I will definitely be getting this, just have to go check out the shades. Not 100% the one I tried is the perfect shade.

fur4elise

Fenty Beauty The Galaxy Collection for Holiday 2017
Fenty-Beauty-Galaxy-Eyeshadow-Palette.jpg
Fenty Beauty Galaxy Eyeshadow Palette $59
Fenty-Beauty-Galaxy-Eyeshadow-Brush.png
Fenty Beauty Galaxy 2-Way Eyeshadow Brush $24
Fenty-Beauty-Eclipse-2-in-1-Glitter-Release-Eyeliner-.jpg
Fenty Beauty Eclipse 2-in-1 Glitter Release Eyeliner $20
Shades:
Later, Crater (Nude Metallic with Gold Glitter)
Nepturnt (Green Black Metallic with Smoky Emerald Glitter)
Alien Bae (Blue-Black Metallic with Smoky Navy Glitter)
Fenty-Beauty-Cosmic-Gloss-Lip-Glitter.jpg
Fenty Beauty Cosmic Gloss Lip Glitter $19
Shades:
Gal on the Moon (Holographic Pink Orchid)
Spacesuit (Glittering Peach)
Plutonic Relationship (Holographic Hot Pink)
Astro-Naughty (Glittering Garnet)
Fenty-Beauty-Starlit-Hyper-Glitz-Lipstick.jpg
Fenty Beauty Starlit Hyper-Glitz Lipstick $19
Shades:
Gravity (Shimmering Hot Pink)
Supermoon (Shimmering Peach)
Sci-Fly (Glimmering Garnet)
Supernova (Twinkling Pink Orchid)

(I love musingsofamuse :) )

Last edited:

Jayjayy

I feel like I HAVE to pick up something to support the launch as a WOC, but Rihanna has such a crap attitude. The holiday collection is reminiscent of something I'd expect from Wet n Wild. I think during the next sale I'll snag the lip gloss and highlighter brush.

Cake Face

after all of the pics and swatches I've seen I'm gonna end up grabbing more than originally planned :D. I thought it would be just the liners for me, but now I'm on board for Gal on the Moon Gloss and the Supernova lipstick. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by the shadow swatches like...is this the same palette from the promo pics?

galaxycollection.JPG

Shars

I feel like I HAVE to pick up something to support the launch as a WOC, but Rihanna has such a crap attitude. The holiday collection is reminiscent of something I'd expect from Wet n Wild. I think during the next sale I'll snag the lip gloss and highlighter brush.

Don't be fooled by the persona she has had to put forward just to survive the media. It's a survival technique. I'd say, though, if nothing meets your fancy, don't buy anything. They are a ton of other WOC brands you can support.

fur4elise

after all of the pics and swatches I've seen I'm gonna end up grabbing more than originally planned :D. I thought it would be just the liners for me, but now I'm on board for Gal on the Moon Gloss and the Supernova lipstick. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by the shadow swatches like...is this the same palette from the promo pics? View attachment 61860

Fenty-Beauty-Galaxy-Eyeshadow-palette-swatches.png

Shade Chart

MaryJane

The holiday collection is a complete skip for me. From the descriptions I've read nearly everything has glitter in it or is holographic.

shontay07108

I love the packaging for the palette, but it's a total skip. The price and the fact that only the two green shades call to me do it in for me. I want to try the glosses, but not enough to order them at their price and I hate lipstick that's not traditionally shaped. Just can't get beyond that. So, it's just that blackened green liner for me and I'm really excited about it tbh.

Sugar & Spice

I absolutely despise anything that's celebrity marketed because I feel it's a slap in the face to true people in the industry that have worked for decades on their craft and still don't get the opportunities and recognition they deserve. However I also feel that the celebrity push whether it's Rihanna, Beyonce, etc. is honestly the only way national exposure will be granted for WOC so it puts you in a hard position because the lack of support is why we don't get the exposure in the first place.

So it's really a catch 22 but I personally haven't bought anything from Fenty beauty and will not purchase anything just because Rihanna is the face. Just like with any product I have to love it and I haven't loved anything from her line yet but I have decided to go get matched for the foundation and see if there is one for me since YSL is the only brand that matches me perfectly. So I'm curious to see if I have a match in Fenty.

Sugar & Spice

So I went got matched and I have a match!

I was very surprised and I had my YSL foundation with me to compare and to give the associate some guidance I also didn't wear any foundation because I wanted to test it out and I must say I love it! I was out in the sun and it did not melt off or streak nor did it transfer and since I have combo dry skin, I do not need the primer. Of course they were sold out of my shade but they do have it on line so I've ordered it.

I'll give them credit they really did hit the mark with the foundations. Also yes the foundation does oxidize however if it turns a different color then you have the wrong shade. When the foundation oxidized on me it still looked just like my skin but I could tell that the foundation had settled if that makes sense. Oxidization is also more apparent if you don't use the primer but the foundation stays true to form for me without it and gives good longevity.

Last edited:

BrittLuvsMakeup

I finally made my way to Sephora today since I needed to return a product, so I checked out Fenty Beauty since it was my first time seeing the collection in person since it launched (I only go in Sephora stores when I need to make returns/do exchanges because the ones closest to me have poor customer service so I prefer to just shop online since I get free shipping and handling anyways as a VIB Rouge). Unfortunately, they didn't have testers for the two Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundations shades that I wanted to try and they were also out of stock, so I didn't bother trying to get color matched. I ended up exchanging for the Ginger Binge/Moscow Mule Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter. I was trying to get out of Sephora so fast, that I ended up not swatching a bunch of products that I wouldn't have minded trying before buying so I'm currently contemplating whether I should go back or just buy what I'm interested in online as usual.

Latest posts