Finishing a tube of lipstick?

thiaaax3

How long does it take for you guys to get through a tube of lipstick? I'm wondering to see if its worth ever getting a BU on a LE lipstick

jenbear

I have never finished one in my life! I only get a back up if I really love it and am afraid I might lose it one day, or so that I can have one in my desk and one in my purse.

pleasantmacabre

I've finished one (snob) and I've had it for a few years lol unless you wear the lipstick daily but I have so many I rotate but snob is my fav and got lotsa use

Dominique33

How long does it take for you guys to get through a tube of lipstick? I'm wondering to see if its worth ever getting a BU on a LE lipstick
I never get through a tube of lipstick, but as I apply them layered, I would use them up if I didn't have so many. It depends on the layers in fact !

Merekat703

Some colors I hardly use and others I need to rebuy alot. Snob I go through atleast 4 a year. Some LE I like backups to incase they get tossed in the washer by mistake or melt in my car.

GlamQueen21

I have finished a lipstick before and I have yet to do it again at some point. I am almost done with Lollipop Loving l/s and will need to finish it.

Dany

I've had Mehr for about 8 months maybe, I'm not too sure, I use it 3 or 4 days out of the week and I still have half left.

lilybettie

I think it depends how much you wear a lipstick/how many other lipsticks you have. I've used up one lipstick in my life and that was back when I used to only own that and wear it everyday (a long time ago!)

CiaoBellaa

it's definitely harder to use up an entire lipstick than one might think, but I've used up a tube of Patisserie. I had it for a few years, but didn't wear it every day. I'd go through phases of not being able to stop wearing it. I have many lipstick back ups Ive never opened, and probably never will. Except for Mystical, now that is my all time favorite lipstick. I had to get a BU and I've been wearing it a bunch this summer and it still has well over half left.

naayla2012

The only lipstick I have ever finished a tube of is Mehr as I use that all the time, I hardly use the limited edition ones

HappyHippy

If I use a lipstick every day all day then I will finish it in 9 months. I think that's hillarious because now, after 9 months there will be a new MAC baby born in my stash.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I can’t remember the last time that I actually finished a tube of lipstick. I have trouble committing to just one shade for that long.
girlhaha.gif

P.S. Moved this thread to Cosmetic Discussion.
peace2.gif

Audrey C

I finish a few lipsticks every year because I'm almost never without lipstick and reapply throughout the day all day every day. I also now prefer creamy finishes and they tend to go down faster. This year I finished Oh, Oh, Oh, Out For Passion, Kinda Sexy, 2 Tarte Lipsurgence pencils and I have well under 1/4 left of Rich Marron and Fashion Force. I forgot - I finished NARS Moscow too and Amsterdam is almost done. Honestly, while I do finish more lip products than anything else, I tend to get them to 1/4-1/3 left and then decide I'm bored of them. I used to keep them around, but this year I decided that if I'm down that far I've gotten my monies worth so I just get rid of them at that point. That's what BTM is for. I get a lot of my my lipsticks that way in the first place.

MissTania

Some colors I hardly use and others I need to rebuy alot. Snob I go through atleast 4 a year. Some LE I like backups to incase they get tossed in the washer by mistake or melt in my car.
I used to wear Snob all the time, I finished quite a few too!

thethinmint

Any opinions on keeping lipsticks in rotation? I've personally never had lipstick go bad on me but I wonder how long is to long to be keeping one? They don't ever seem to have a labeled expiration date or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

discrepancy

Any opinions on keeping lipsticks in rotation? I've personally never had lipstick go bad on me but I wonder how long is to long to be keeping one? They don't ever seem to have a labeled expiration date or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Latest posts