First Tattoo

IslandGirl77

I got a tatoo on my lower back. I used the ointment that the guy gave me to keep it moisturized. It got itchy at times, but I rubbed around it or slapped it.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemichelle
what lotion did you use?

Ummmm.....let me think. What did I use???? *thinking* I think I used Lubriderm. But now I use Aveeno.

SKIN RELIEF MOISTURIZING CREAM
1365_SknRelMst_11_100.gif

You may ask if you can use this. It is fragrance free and it has a little menthol in it which is soothing. As stated before, when it starts itching this will help.

Shawna

I wouldn't hesitate to put my hubby's name on me somewhere, but he'd be forewarned that if he ever cheated or whatever, I'd change the tattoo to read "Mick's a cheating bastard" or something that suited the situation
rofl.gif

However, I love the way lovemichelle put it. It represents a time of her life that she was happy with and would always want to remember. Make sure you post pics when it's all done.

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemichelle
the alcohol they put on afterwards was the worst part of the whole tattoo.

Whoa!!! I never heard that before! You are supposed to stay away from stuff with alcohol b/c it dries the skin out! I've had tattoos done by 4 different people and they never have done that!! They always just put A&D or some form of ointment, but never alcohol!!! That's a new one...

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
I've never heard of that either. The guy sprayed some water on mine, and then rubbed some ointment on it.

I know, alcohol is an absolute no-no!!! Ouch!

Gabriella

It sounds like it turned out really nice! You should post pics! I personally only put lotion on mine because that is what my artist told me to do. Mine didn't suffer any from not putting healing lotion on it. As far as the alchol?! OUCH! I can't believe he did that! My artist strictly forbid me from using alchol on mine, he just sprayed it with wather and put ointment on it also. Haha, yep I walked aroung every where rubbing or slapping my foot for weeks after. People probably thought I was nuts! lol Well I am glad to hear that it turned out so well and that you like it so much!
smiles.gif

litlaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy In The Sky...
good luck with your tat, i hope it come out nice!

also, does anyone know how painful it is for a tat on the back?

It varies A LOT from person to person. Generally, it will hurt more on bony or sensitive (i.e., ticklish) areas. It can also hurt more if you're tense because your muscles will be tight. I know a lot of people get the cat-scratch sensation, but all of mine felt like a searing-hot pain. My first one was the epitome of pain (I've never had a child, so I wouldn't know about that personally)...but that didn't stop me from going back for more
greengrin.gif

lovemichelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
I know, alcohol is an absolute no-no!!! Ouch!

really? it wasn't much, but it stung. if it fades or anything he will fix it for free for the next 6 months.

Eye<3Colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlaur
It varies A LOT from person to person. Generally, it will hurt more on bony or sensitive (i.e., ticklish) areas. It can also hurt more if you're tense because your muscles will be tight. I know a lot of people get the cat-scratch sensation, but all of mine felt like a searing-hot pain. My first one was the epitome of pain (I've never had a child, so I wouldn't know about that personally)...but that didn't stop me from going back for more
greengrin.gif

i got both. my ankle felt like a non stop scratching from a pissed off cat. omg it hurt so bad!!!!
ssad.gif
i thought i was gonna pass out!! my tummy tickled so bad!!! didnt hurt at all!!!! and my back hurt like a searing hot pain. like gasoline being poured on an open wound. yes, it was that bad for me!!! lol

girl post a picture!! i really want to see it!!

MACreation

I used to judge, about tatoos of names...but when I fell in love earlier last year....i wanted one of his name either if we stayed together or not...the feeling that i felt for him was sooo overbearing, my heart was overjoyed, and broken, knowing the relationship was amazing but i knew it was ready to end. a lot went down i felt the best, and worst for him, and got the best and worst from him....but the thing that remained, is i wouldn't change my mind if i had gotten the tattoo...he was my first love..that feeling can never fade in your heart no matter wut happens between two people.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Has anyone got a tattoo on their inner wrist? If so how much blood is there LOL? I wanna get a star so that shouldn't hurt too much should it? LOL total beginner LOL!
tong.gif

Pink_minx

wow thats a tiny one but its cute though. I got my tattoo when I was 14 I was the first one in the family to get one then my mom got one and then my dad. The only one who hasnt got one is my little brother hes only 11 though lol. But it hurt really bad the whole time my toes were curled lol. It was hurting for an hour but it turned out pretty. Its worth it!

lovemichelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_monsta2504
Has anyone got a tattoo on their inner wrist? If so how much blood is there LOL? I wanna get a star so that shouldn't hurt too much should it? LOL total beginner LOL!
tong.gif

the girl before me with a different artist was getting one there she was crying, but i didnt see a lot of blood. she looked really uncomfortable.

pale blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_monsta2504
tong.gif

I didn't have any problems with my inner wrist.....but mine is placed a little higher than my actual wrist, away from all the veins and stuff lol. I didn't have any problems with pain, just when he tattooed over the outline again, that kind of hurt. That always hurts though, it had nothing to do with my wrist
smiles.gif