Food

Lalli

So whats you're countries/town/cities/area's local dish.. what is it knwn for

Like in Britain its quite common to hear our tradtional food is fish and chips! lol haha

What foods have you tried which originate from around the world and you liked..

and what foods are you scared of trying!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

sushi is pretty popular around my area, of so. cal. then again.. all types of food are popular..

I LOVE indian food. and greek food.

and although sushi is popular. I wont eat the raw kind. gross.

Shimmer

the official snack of the state of Texas is chips and salsa.

TexMex food is inimitable and I missed it greatly when I lived outside the state lines.

caffn8me

I was born in rural Lincolnshire and the area is known for its pork, bacon and sausages. There are a lot of pigs in Lincolnshire! There are also things like Plum Bread. You can learn more about Lincolnshire food here

After a brief spell in Germany I moved to Oxfordshire. Oxford is best known for its marmalade

I'm now in Wimbledon which in terms of food is known more than anything for strawberries and cream at the tennis

meagannn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
the official snack of the state of Texas is chips and salsa.

TexMex food is inimitable and I missed it greatly when I lived outside the state lines.

yeahhhhh definately.
I <3 chips and salsa. yum. and its not texmex but i loooooove fried catfish.. mmmm... and chicken fried chicken or chicken fried steak with cream gravy! mmmm

when I went to euroope i ate shnitzel;.. i think thats what its called, it was veal pounded out real flat and fried... haha yum.... i also like mexican food, in mexico... mmmm for fresh seafood right out of the ocean and straight to my plate YUM!

rubixio

Well, fry bread is the official bread of South Dakota. It is soooo good. Thank you, Native Americans, for giving that to us.

south texas gulf...shrimp? I dont know. I freaking love shrimp and am so happy I can have it all the time now.

MAC_Whore

I consider Seattle home, regardless of where I am. We dig our Salmon. WA is the home of Chateau Ste. Michelle wines. Lots of microbreweries. Of course, you all know one of our most popular exports: Starbucks. The first Starbucks was born in Seattle in 1971, just like me. Thai restaurants are pretty popular. Honestly, you can find anything in Seattle. Restaurant or food product. Except Scrapple, which is a good thing.

Ummm yeah we pretty much eat anything in Seattle. It is such a foodie town!

mzcelaneous

When I lived in the Bay Area (California) it was nothing but Asian food. Pho (vietnamese), Pineapple fried rice (thai), Pancit & lumpia (filipino), tapioca pearl drinks (taiwanese) and of course Japanese sushi! Yummmmm!

Corvs Queen

Well here it's a lot of Schnitzel and Tofl Spitz (SP?). And almost everything is served with potatoes. But back home in North Carolina it was pulled pork barbeque and chicken with white gravey and biscuits. I miss my grannys biscuits like mad now that I'm in Europe.
ssad.gif

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
sushi is pretty popular around my area, of so. cal. then again.. all types of food are popular..

I LOVE indian food. and greek food.

and although sushi is popular. I wont eat the raw kind. gross.

gawd i love sushi...

raw or cooked lol!

nothing like a roll or 2 to share in good company, a large bottle of soporo beer, and a large saki! Good times.

Chic 2k6

Cheese is popular in Devon UK, there's all kinds of Cheese even Blueberry Cheeses and Apricot etc... Devon's like a countryside the part im in so there's alot of dairy farmers about

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
Cheese is popular in Devon UK, there's all kinds of Cheese even Blueberry Cheeses and Apricot etc... Devon's like a countryside the part im in so there's alot of dairy farmers about

Don't forget to mention clotted cream!

Bre

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
I was born in rural Lincolnshire and the area is known for its pork, bacon and sausages. There are a lot of pigs in Lincolnshire! There are also things like Plum Bread. You can learn more about Lincolnshire food here

After a brief spell in Germany I moved to Oxfordshire. Oxford is best known for its marmalade

I'm now in Wimbledon which in terms of food is known more than anything for strawberries and cream at the tennis

I was born in Lincolnshire too! Stamford. I moved to Australia when I was four and finally made it back 19 years later in 2004 for a visit - what a beautiful part of the world it is

User34

food.. my fav. subject.. ha...
well I'm Puerto Rican/ Ecuadorian so spanish food is my all time fav.
Like arroz con gandules ( rice with pigeon peas), pasteles, pernil ( baked pork) yum..I's so hungry now.
Since I was raised in NY we always had any possible kinda food we wanted around. Pizza, chinese, sushi, indian,mexican..u name it.. all within 20 blks of me =)

d_flawless

hmm, "california"-style food is really popular here in the bay area, too. a lot of people are either vegan/vegetarian, so brown rice, black beans, avocados, whole wheat stuff, etc. are common ingredients
organic food seems to be kinda popular
or fusion-style cooking, like mixtures of cultural ingredients to create something new

dovelysong

I'm in the Washington, DC Metro area, and my favorite local dish is chicken wings and mumbo sauce! Yummy... It's one of those things that can be found at a local carry-out... It's chicken wings fried very crispy and a reddish sauce that you can either use to dip or put it directly on top. Mumbo sauce is kind of sweet and spicy-ish, and a little bit vinegar-y. It's a hard to describe flavor, but very distinct. Most people who come here and try it either LOVE it or HATE it... most people love it, though.

People in DC are also very big on "soul food" (fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, greens, cornbread, sweet tea
eyelove.gif
, etc. But that's probably because most people here are transplants from the South (my family is...).

I love just about any kind of food... chinese, thai
eyelove.gif
, japanese (though not a fan of raw fish), italian, mexican
eyelove.gif
, latin/south american/carribbean
eyelove.gif
, I LOVE british "pub fare" (fish & chips, etc)...

Some foods I would like to try... greek, indian, german, vietnamese, korean, ethiopian (I heard it's GREAT)

Talking about all this good food makes me hungry and I just ate lunch...
rofl.gif

vivaXglamlove

martha's vineyard is known for their seafood! it's amazing!
fishing is the main sport here besides hunting.

i live here year around so we get the good fall/spring deals.

i think i might get fish tonight

Latest posts