For the makeup addicts- How did your friends and family react?

reesesilverstar

oh, but there are, you just have to have the appreciation for the subtle nuances, we all know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the HG is in the stash of the hoarder
Correct and completely right!
his stuff probably costs more too right? for one firearm you can buy like ten beauty items at least ,so it seems like you have more but I bet if u guys compared the $$ it's probably about the same...
This is definitely true. And that's what I say. I spend more effectively because I get more bang for my buck; don't be mad that for every 1 item you get, I can have 10...

fabulousmoolah

After my post about having more than anybody I know, I saw some of the collection pics on here. A lot of them are ten times what I've got.
eyelove.gif

Honi

My SO is totally fine with it but doesnt understand it at all. He is very supportive though and as we are in the process of looking at buying a house he tells me "You could put all your makeup stuff in this room" or making suggestions of how my vanity would fit in that particular new house. I moved away from home over 8 years ago, to another country. My parents have no clue about my interest in makeup but honestly i dont think they would have an issue with it.

My friends are very supportive, especially my best friend that doesnt mind listening to me rambling about new products. She doesnt use makeup though, but loves nailpolish to death.

Sophiaaa

Hello, my name is Sophia. Fortunately i am a proud member of very liberal family. My parents never say anything about this topic. Fact is, they feel proud for me since every one appreciate my beauty. I am also very popular amongst my friends. It actually depends on how do you present yourself in front of others.

I believe, good and pleasant personality are very important also.

SamanthaDeMuro

Yet again getting static from my hubs and my mom about NOT spending too much on makeup. They tell me I have plenty and don't understand my obsession. But for me, you can never have too much. Shadows, powders and blushes can last for years. The only products that you have to watch out for are already opened and used mascaras and lip products, lip glosses in particular. Do I have a lot of makeup? Yes. Much more than I will probably ever use. But it's my money and my hobby. I do feel bad that some of my makeup will go bad before I have the chance to use it. But, it is what it is. Some products I've bought, such as YSL lipsticks and glosses, I find I just don't like. They suck for what they cost. But you live and learn.

SamanthaDeMuro

I will add this as well. I love me some MAC. But I wish I had discovered Buxom lip polishes and creams before the MAC lip glasses. I also prefer NARS lip glosses over MAC's. Blasphemy, I know. And I also hear people complain about NARS lip glosses tasting bad, but I've never noticed it. Buxom is my all time FAVE!!!!! But for lipstick, MAC and NARS are my faves.

ma146rina

my mom doesn't get it because she never wears makeup(and never had).Luckily my boyfriend understands because he's an aquarium fanatic(we have 2 big aquariums in the living room)and he spends a lot of money on his hobby too.

pauletterx

I think the girls I work with think I'm nuts. My hubby is fine with it. He buys xbox games all the time, so he can't say anything about all my Sephora boxes! Lol

purplevines

My mom doesn't get it and constantly asks me why I need so much, as does my cousin my (who has perfect skin -_-). I'm a big lipstick fanatic so that is something they totally don't understand (why do you need more than one pink/red etc)

I LOVE LIPSTICK, I NEED MORE (my answer, lol!)

alyxo

my family says they gonna call Hoarders on me lol.and my bf gets annoyed sometimes lol but I don't care, I buy what I want!!
Oh my god, same here! Hahahaha... My mom also says that I should be on "My Strange Addiction". I don't have a bf but if I did, I would put makeup on him, one way or the other. I'm always trying to put makeup on all my male friends. They think I'm crazy but strangely enough, they'll let me do it sometimes. I love it, lol.

Sylvia60

Does anyone ever feel shame for buying so much make-up? I only buy what I like and NOT to have a huge collection but I feel bad that so many of my glosses will go bad before I can use them. How long can I use a gloss before it goes down the tubes? Do any of my fellow addicts know? At least with powders you get a much longer shelf life. True also on mascaras that go unopened. I have nearly 40 mascaras that have yet to be opened and more in my cases that I actually use. I actually write down the day I open them so I know when to throw them away. Sad, I know but lipsticks, glosses and mascara are my MAIN thing. What is y'all's fave make-up product. BTW, LOVE MAC's Studio Tech Foundation and eye make up remover. Their whole collection rocks.
Oh, myyy!
A mascara addict.
I'm having a LOT of trouble finding my Holy Grail mascara.
They seem to all end up on my cheeks after a couple of hours. Is it the product or my technique?

What are your top ten mascaras?

Sylvia60

Oh my god, same here! Hahahaha... My mom also says that I should be on "My Strange Addiction". I don't have a bf but if I did, I would put makeup on him, one way or the other. I'm always trying to put makeup on all my male friends. They think I'm crazy but strangely enough, they'll let me do it sometimes. I love it, lol.
As I recall, there WAS a make-up addict on MSA once.

Naughtyp

Lol! my bf hates when I get my lipstick on him!
and just last week my mom said she wants me to take an OCD class lol she said she was willing to pay for it!

ma146rina

I go for clearances and Sephora 20% offers, too.
My thing is high-end Japanese brushes. I firmly believe the 'secret' is in the technique and not the product, but having said that I have over 20 shades of cream eyeshadow!

As I recall, there WAS a make-up addict on MSA once
I just watched the ep on youtube,the woman was just fine!
girlhaha.gif
the only creepy thing she did was sleeping with her makeup on
blink.gif
and the fact she couldn't last an hour without putting makeup on her face,yeah ok she had some issues!We aren't like that! we just own a little(lol)more makeup than the average person.and spend some hours of the day discussing about it.We're fine.yep.nothing's wrong
amuse.gif

BabyDragMakeup

Hi, I'm new! My Name is Erin. I just bought $110 dollars of makeup and I feel so guilty! My parents would KILL me if they knew. I will be 21 this year and when I was 16 they took ALL of my makeup away! They said I needed to find my 'natural beauty' and become comfortable with the way I look. I understood but it was kind of hard for me.

brandyslove

$110 is nothing.... I spend more on perfume, like coco mademoiselle, for example... and with makeup... if you don't overuse it why would parents care.don't forget they are not absolute, no-one is. My daughter uses makeup since 6th grade. She does it naturally but she just doesn't like circles under her eyes, it's genetic-she has thin skin under her eyes and felt she wants her skin look even. So she had been using concealer, mineral foundation with sunscreen, lip gloss and mascara since she was 10 . So what?

allthingsglam

A none makeup lover will not get it .my boyfriend he like okay whatever.but still shakes his head but in a good way lol .my sister and daughter loves makeup but only buy every once in a while not like me I know whats coming out and when.most people I know only buy when needed not wanted . I did have a coworker that loved makeup but she got fired go figure o well that why I love it here makeup addicts together forever lol

MarieMary

They react with the classic "but you already have enough!" whenever I manifest interest for a new item. Also I get the "you don't even use them", which is somewhat true, because I'm often bare-faced with not a hint of make-up on my face. But I like to have the opportunity to make a teal and silver eye look if I so decide. :p

SamanthaDeMuro

OMG MarieMary. I get the same reaction. "You have too much makeup Sam. How could you possibly need more?" I LOVE MAKEUP! A lot of times it's not about "needing" it, but "wanting" it. Some things you gotta have. And replace often, such as foundation. I have my HG foundation and powder. The loose powder I use is Armani and I love it but I do cringe when I drop $50 on it. But they give you a lot of product so it lasts awhile. Since MAC discontinued my fave loose powder, I decided to try Armani and it's a damn good product. Also, my new HG primer is from Tarte. So I will be buying that and my UD setting spray regularly. When they say I don't need things I think of things I WANT like another blush, lipstick, eyeshadow, etc. But I am really a makeup junkie. I do enjoy trying new products. I'm also a beauty product junkie. I'm talking skincare products too. I have a whole skincare beauty cabinet filled. It's my thing. Some don't get our love of all things beauty. But we all have our things we collect, right? For my husband, it's old school pinball machines or vintage cars he likes to fix up. For my mom, she loves funky sneakers. So let makeup addicts have our thing, I say. :)

Latest posts