Foundation Primer for Oily Skin

endlessnot

Re: Best Foundation Primer (oily skin)???

Thank you, my dear! I will give that one a shot. I've only tried the original & was so put off that I didn't want to try any of the others.

Odette

You may want to try MUFE All Mat primer. I just got it over the weekend and had absolutely no oiliness throughout the whole day. I applied light layer first then mixed a drop in with my foundation.

Girl about town

yup smashbox photo finish light is the way to go its great stuff, really light on skin but creates a smooth base that keeps make up on all day x

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl about town
yup smashbox photo finish light is the way to go its great stuff, really light on skin but creates a smooth base that keeps make up on all day x

So, do you guys use this under or over your sunscreen?

stacylynne

I have the same skin type as you do. For a primer I use Smashbox photofinish, I apply it to my t-zone area & the cheek area close to the nose to make my pores appear smaller.
For foundation & powder I use Studio tech NC25 & N4. after that's all applied, I used studio fix & use a brush to set everything. My skin looks flawless with this procedure but I DO NOT rec. using smashbox every day, just for special occasions. Also 1 more tip. I do moisterize b4 all these steps. If you need anymore help, please feel free to message me
-Stacy
XOXOX

athena123

You're not gonna believe this, but the best makeup primer I've found so far is actually a sunscreen. http://www.niadyne.com/ - This is a completely mineral based sunscreen and contains 5% pro-niacin, which promotes skin barrier repair. Because it's physical, I don't have to worry about the stability of it like I do other types of sunscreen. It has a nice, light texture that goes on a little white, then fades to a fairly matte finish. It contains silicones that leave a beautiful canvas for makeup application. It's truly a 2 for 1 in my book!

Another great primer that also offers sun protection is made by Becca, although that's getting difficult to find. Sephora stopped carrying it
ssad.gif

HTH!

Athena

Edited to add: I should note that whatever primer you choose, it's bound to contain silicones. The "slip" in silicones creates the nice, smooth surface for your makeup application. Be sure to cleanse your face at night with an oil-based cleanser and follow up with a clean microfiber or standard washcloth to remove all traces of silicones EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Silicone build up can clog pores, prevent skin from breathing. With oily skin, I've learned it's best to let the oil flow to prevent flareups. End of diatribe!
smiles.gif

Kuuipo

Bare Vitamins by Bare Essentuals has BHAs (salicylic acid) and antioxidants and dimethicones (silicones) for smoothing. It's a primer, light moisturizer and skin treatment all in one.
thmbup.gif

Girl about town

Im not sure i wear the smashbox photo finish light over my moisturiser, i don't wear sunscreen because there is no sun in my country (well almost) x

Face Primer Recommendations for Acne Prone Skin?

I have tried a couple of primers & didn't like the textures laura geller, nars, smashbox. I have very break-out prone skin and wanted to know what you ladies used. My skin has been very dry due to the chemicals I have been using to keep my break out at bay.

lavish_habits

Re: Do you use a foundation primer? What brand?

I use Sephora's and Modelco's Face Base, but the Face Base makes my skin dry and flaky, so I'm currently searching for a new primer.

Kuuipo

Olay Regenerist makes a few serums that contain dimethicone=the same ingrediant use in many primers. They are not at all greasy, and since they have active ingrediants and plenty of dimethicone the result is .....poreless. I had been using Smashbox, but similar ingrediants are found in serums plus some good stuff.....
I know some people put Monistat anti chaffing gel on their face, but I'm a bit weirded out on that matter.

KimmyAnn_678

I use Elizabeth Arden's Good Morning Skin Serum, it's never clogged my pores or caused a break out. I have 1 in use and 2 back ups at the moment, but after that I'm going to try the Monistat Anti-Chafing gel
smiles.gif

MACATTAK

Since my skin has been dry lately, I've been using Fix+ as my primer. It works well with both liquid and powder foundations. Plus, it feels great on the skin!

Kiseki

My HG Primer is Clé de Peau's Refreshing Pre-Makeup Emulsion, primes my skin for incredible results and makes it last longer. Pricey but lasts forever.

thebreat

Clinique's Super City Block in spf 40. It's oil free and fragrance free so it won't break you out. I have very sensitive skin, and it works great. It has the spf 40 to protect your skin, and it helps keep my makeup in place all day.

glam8babe

im currently using smashbox but ive heard AMAZING reviews for the new chanel one and its the same price as smashbox so im gonna get it very soon

wifey806

sounds like me! i often O.D. on benzoyl peroxide. And like you,I also dislike Smashbox primer <high five>! My top 3 primers :
choochoo.gif

1) Cosmedicine MediMatte -- Primer, moisturizer, AND spf in one?? helllls yeah!
"-44% reduction in sebum levels
-39% increase in mattification
-37% reduction in pore size
-35% reduction in visible shine
-19% increase in hydration
It's great for even the most sensitive skin."
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P131811&shouldPaginate=true&categ oryId=5822

2)kiehls blue herbal moisturizer -no spf. however is acne treatment, moisturizer, and Mattifyer in one!
http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/face/blue-herbal-moisturizer.htm

3) Boots no9 mattifying primer (target.com)

CoConutNwuT

i use the oil free smashbox primer.... smashbox hooks me up lol makes me look nice!

pennybeau

I use the Monistat Chafing Gel.

And honestly... I love it! I've tried MAC Prep+Prime Skin, and for me, Monistat was really comparable to it. It gave me the same texture and feeling on my face for only $7. I always make sure to cleanse, tone, and moisturize prior to putting it on though.

Also I have normal/oily combination skin, and it hasn't made me break out so far. Hope that helped! :]

dragonflie

I use Laura Mercier- she has an oil free primer. I really like it. I'm also waiting to try the Monistat. I need to use up the Laura Mercier first (it's lasted forever!

Latest posts