Foundation Primer for Oily Skin

Lizzie

Re: Do you use a foundation primer? What brand?

I use Monistat Chafing Gel!
It dries to such a nice powder finish and has comparable ingredients to Photo Finish (and it's so much cheaper! it makes me feel less guilty about spending so much on make up!)...you shouldn't be weirded out
greengrin.gif

.k.

ugh i just bought this 42 dollar serum called smooth-365 intensive clarity+smoothing peptide serum from kohls and it had the same stuff as the 7 dollar monistat thing! it has dimethicone! ugh its all about marketing people!

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by .k.
ugh i just bought this 42 dollar serum called smooth-365 intensive clarity+smoothing peptide serum from kohls and it had the same stuff as the 7 dollar monistat thing! it has dimethicone! ugh its all about marketing people!

aww, don't be bummed! I love their skin care.
winks.gif
If u don't use it, I'm sure someone'll itrade you!
yes.gif

Tonee

Currently I use Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch and Laura Mercier Oil-free. Both are costly but are perfect for my combination skin. I don't have to use blot powder some days because the foundation/powder stays put for at least eight hours.

I found out about using Milk of Magnesia a couple of months ago and tried it out - and it was fabulous. I apply it over well moisturized skin, after applying sunblock. I prefer to use this during the day because it works so well over sunscreen - keeps the greasiness away for hours.

My favorite so far is the Clarins product - it's the perfect base for a flawless finish.

redambition

i like dermalogica's barrier repair cream. it's not a base as such, but a waterless, silicon based moisturiser. it's very pricey though
ssad.gif

i have a tube of inglot primer to trial after i finish my tubes of barrier repair.

Primula

I have slightly oily, acne-prone skin, and I use GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation Primer. It is amazing. It makes my foundation last so much longer, my skin look more even and my face feel really smooth.

tendresse

I use Monistat Chafing Gel as well, and no you shouldn't be weirded out by it, its not as if its meant for your genitals, its for anti chafing, for those who have larger thighs and need something to keep them from chafing if they rub together, also for large breasted women to use beneath their breasts to prevent chafing, that sort of thing, its meant for the skin
smiles.gif
, my face has skin too LOL

kr1st1n

ATTENTION: Those with OILY SKIN!

i need help looking for a good ..really really good foundation that would help control my oilyness....

I use the shiseido mattifying moisturizer and sunblock thats it..but that doesnt hide my dark pigmented scars!

im not sure whether i should get a powder or a liquid foundation....what do you ladies think?

what foundation do you use??

please help. thanks

ladyJ

Re: ATTENTION: Those with OILY SKIN!

I think a powder foundation would be best but if you want to use a liquid you should try Shiseido sun protection liquid foundation. That way you don't have to use the sunblock anymore because the foundation has great protection. I have this foundation and I use it in the hot texas heat when I'm walking about campus.

MAC_Pixie04

MUFE Mat Velvet+; if you're going to do a powder, get it about a half shade lighter. Oily skin can make it look darker as you wear it.

Simply Elegant

MUFE mat velvet+ definitely. My skin is oily and can stay matte up to 8 hours without touchup with this on.

autumnschild

agree with the mat velvet +
i use this with laura geller's welcome matte skin enhancer and my skin stays matte all day long.

Kiseki

MUFE Mat Velvet + or the new MUFE HD if you don't want something with that much coverage.

PolyphonicLove

If you want a liquid...
Mat Velvet + or Revlon's ColorStay for oily skin.

If you want a powder...
MAC's Studio Fix Powder Foundation [a HG for me].

If you need a primer...
Cargo's Blu Ray Mattifing Primer. It is GOD. Like, SUPER GOD. My favourite thing to do is wear that primer, with MSFN over it. That gives me enough coverage to get through the day.

LatinaRose

I have oily skin and I love love love Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. It stays perfect and matte the whole freaking day, its insane. They are great about samples too, you should stop by and grab some. You might as well get a sample the regular Double Wear too just to try it. I found it to be too heavy for me, but you may like it and you might as well grab a sample if you're gonna be there.

I have yet to find a primer I really like. I have a sample of MUFE All Mat and its pretty good. I haven't really tried it enough to see if I wanna buy it b/c the EL Double Wear Light doesn't need it! I got it to use under MUFE's F&B. I'll have to try the Cargo one Polyphoniclove mentioned and see if I like that one.

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
MUFE mat velvet+ definitely. My skin is oily and can stay matte up to 8 hours without touchup with this on.

same here, holds up great in south fl. humidity!

ambicion6

I love Velvet +. I'm currently in Houston aka the armpit of texas and this stuff holds up great in the humidity!

mizuki~

Face Primer for oily skin

So...my MAC P&P SPF 50 just isn't working so well for me..makeup seems to fade and go very blah after about 2 hours..can anybody rec a good primer for really oily skin? Something that can really make my makeup LAST. Pretty please?
tong.gif

Curly1908

Re: Face Primer for oily skin

Have you tried Smashbox's primer? I like it as well as MAC's primer. Before I apply the primer, I make sure to swap my face with Witch Hazel. It helps to control the oil so that the primer doesn't have to work as hard.

Latest posts