Fountainbleu and Beauty powder Questions...

mspixieears

Someone posted some swatches of Fontainbleu e/s in the Swatches forum and wow! I'm so getting it, it's just what I wanted. Wish I could see more swatches of the collection...

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
Thanks MACGoddess. I am fair, MC 15, Asian. Do you think the taupe one will look too yellow on me?

I don't think so hun... I think it is a nice Khaki color, not as yellow toned as Sumptuous Olive.

Regina

Thanks Leila, I should go test them out again at my local mac counter.
smiles.gif

bellaetoile

the pink beauty powder is one of the most gorgeous things ever. i went to the pro store today and was amazed. if i hadn't spent all my money on 9 pigments, i would have bought it, but i figured i'd wait for it to come to the counters, so i could use my macy*s gift card, lol. the shadows, frankly, didn't excite me.

toby1

Just got my Fountainbleu and it is in the same color family as Iris Print but a deeper shade. Also it is a Frost and not Lustre formula Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
I was actually thinking if Fontainbleu resembles anything it could be Iris Print? But that might only be in glitter, could be completely different. I'm very keen on this particular shade though!

dollbabybex

i saw yesterday i cant even beleive i thought it was like moons reflection, mustve been a washed out pic i saw!!!
smiles.gif

and i got the beauty powder.... im in love.
much better than the ones in other collections.

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
Fountainbleu is gorgeous! A truer purple with more color payoff than Iris Print. At update I realized that THIS is what I wanted Iris Print to be!! SO much better...

And the Beauty Powders can be an all over glow (Sundressing has a tan one) or as a blush (also has a peachy one) and for Sundressing Beauty Powders they ARE shimmery, but not massively so...

This is so what i wanted to hear! I cant wait to get it!

a914butterfly

i went to my local mac counter in macy's yesterday and in my opinion, i thought fountainbleu looked like my electro sky eyeshadow (no longer avail) and i felt the in living pink eyeshadow reminded me of coppering. i bought the 2 beauty powders since i dont have any so i know im not duplicating anything in that department.

spartacus

Can someone tell me about the duochrome in Fountainbleu? Is it really apparent? I am obsessed with duochromes, but as someone previously said, I have so many blues already. Is this worth buying for the duochrome effect?

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
Fountainbleu is gorgeous! A truer purple with more color payoff than Iris Print. At update I realized that THIS is what I wanted Iris Print to be!! SO much better...

Ooh goodie!!! We'll get along fine! Me and the e/s, that is!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus
Can someone tell me about the duochrome in Fountainbleu? Is it really apparent? I am obsessed with duochromes, but as someone previously said, I have so many blues already. Is this worth buying for the duochrome effect?

I don't see much of the duo-chrome, but I only just played with it today. I'm actually thinking of taking it back or swapping it...
ssad.gif

gigiproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolut_blonde
Is Fountainbleu at ALL similar to the beloved MAC Haze? It looks a bit bluer but I'm hoping they might be somewhat alike.

softwash grey is the closest thing to haze ive seen since mac d/cd the color its just missing the green reflection..someone posted they mixed it with emerald green pigment and it looked just like haze

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus

I saw the duochrome when I used it with Stars and Rockets. It seems to be pinkish

Fountainbleu is v. pretty, but the texture isn't as great as In living pink, relaxing & summer neutral.
ssad.gif

The shell pearl is kinda sheer...idk how I feel about it yet. It's kinda..eh...but I prefer pigmented blushes.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayslilpretty
Fountainbleu is v. pretty, but the texture isn't as great as In living pink, relaxing & summer neutral.
ssad.gif

I know!! I love working with the other shadows in the collection, but this one just...washes over, if that makes any sense. Really hoping I can find a good use for it, I hate a shadow, but would much rather get a backup of ILP or SN instead.