From the beginning.... Discussion

gigglegirl

what a great idea hilly!

aziajs, my goodness I love your total look from Oct 07!

i wish i had pics to compare...lol it woulda been good as i was so bad at the beginning! But once I got a 217 my blending skills skyrocketed and IMO i think it helped make the eyes look much better~!

user79

Re: From the beginning....

Great idea for a thread. I will try to add some pics later, I was looking through some of my old FOTDs and was like, yuck.

Hilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I was looking through some of my old FOTDs and was like, yuck.

Same here!!!! Thanks goodness I discovered this site!

mreichert

Ok, I have a dumb question- how do I pull up my old FOTDs? I can't find my own stuff on here!
ssad.gif

Moonspell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreichert
Ok, I have a dumb question- how do I pull up my old FOTDs? I can't find my own stuff on here!
ssad.gif

In the menu, go to "quick links", then in the list "my profile". Once in your profile page, click over the link "Find all threads started by mreichert"

The direct link: http://specktra.net/search.php?searchid=1999756

Have fun!
tong.gif

Moonspell

This is a very good idea Hilly, I'll post it later because I really want to find my worst makeup shot ever in my backups to compare.
th_LMAO.gif

meiming

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
OOOOhh.. I love this idea. I don't see much of a change, though. LOL

November 2005
FaceTilt.jpg
FaceTilt2.jpg

October 2007
P7110083.jpg

I do! I think your skills have improved and while your makeup looked good before, I think your posted recent one looks great!

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreichert
ssad.gif

just search for your own threads in the FOTD section
smiles.gif
Just put in your username and search for threads posted by user, and select the FOTD forum for which forum to search in.

melozburngr

I looked back on my old posts, but they were linked to the old gallery, where can I find my gallery pics? the gallery doesnt seem to be working?

Ernie

Re: The long and winding road..

You look fabulous, the haircut and brows really make a difference. Your blending skills always looked good.
You know I looked at this thread cause of the title! Good one at that.

onepinkdiamond

I'm so inspired! You obviously put your skllls to work and found your niche. You are so talented, girlfriend.

Can I ask you what were some tips that you can share that you picked up after you hired on with Mac? Any tips on how you evolved to your 'polished look'? Any do's
thmbup.gif
or don'ts
nonono.gif
that you learned along the way? It's funny, because ever since you shared that concealer-under/above-the-brow technique, it's polished my look threefold! I don't think anyone can argue that your technique/skills are THE BOMB, so please keep posting.

MiCHiE

It was almost an overnight transformation! I guess practice does make perfect!

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
You look fabulous, the haircut and brows really make a difference. Your blending skills always looked good.
You know I looked at this thread cause of the title! Good one at that.

Thanks! Yeah hehe you always catch my references <3
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepinkdiamond
I'm so inspired! You obviously put your skllls to work and found your niche. You are so talented, girlfriend.

Can I ask you what were some tips that you can share that you picked up after you hired on with Mac? Any tips on how you evolved to your 'polished look'? Any do's
thmbup.gif
or don'ts
nonono.gif
that you learned along the way? It's funny, because ever since you shared that concealer-under/above-the-brow technique, it's polished my look threefold! I don't think anyone can argue that your technique/skills are THE BOMB, so please keep posting.

When I started at MAC I actually started to wear foundation which is a big plus. I never wore it before as weird as it sounds. I did all my makeup minus the face.

I learned to use my brushes differently. Like some people expect to get the same look w/ 3 brushes but don't realize that it can actually take 6-8 different brushes to accomplish the look.

Most of all, just keep blending. When you think you're done blending, blend some more.

Thanks everyone for looking and your comments
smiles.gif

Latest posts