Frustrated with the Brown Brow

AngellFace

Hi everyone,

I'm at my wit's end with this brown brow phenomena. First off let me say everyone cannot wear a brown brow. My hair is naturally jet black and unfortunately so are my brows. I wanna buy all the brow pens and finishers and fun stuff too, and the darkest they usually come in is brown. I have tried some and it doesn't show up right, I'd basically have to shave mine off and construct them. Sometimes I use Carbon e/s, or a cake liner, but at times I feel frustrated that they don't make the other stuff in black. Anyway sorry for the rant
ssad.gif

KeishaG14

I was told that no matter what, eye brows should never be black even if that's your normal hair color. Brown brows will soften the face. I was even told to look in mags at all the ladies and when I looked (a few years back), all the black haired girls had brown, softened brows.

HTH (although not really I suspect)...

AngellFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeishaG14
I was told that no matter what, eye brows should never be black even if that's your normal hair color. Brown brows will soften the face. I was even told to look in mags at all the ladies and when I looked (a few years back), all the black haired girls had brown, softened brows.

HTH (although not really I suspect)...

I always read that too, but it's too light and doesn't blend in with mine. It ends up looking two-toned, just a mess! Lol I guess mine are just too thick. SMH. Thanks tho
smiles.gif

TISH1124

if you want Cheap, but great...I use (everday) N.Y.C Brow kit that I pick up at target or CVS for 3.99...In Brunette which is a dark brown color...However they also have Blonde, Auburn & Smoke which is a soft black

it comes with the wax and the brow color....The brush is trash FYI

However even when my hair is Jet Black I always use Dark brown

Drugstore Beauty Queen: NYC's brow kit - StyleList Fashion Blog

AngellFace

N.Y.C. for $3.99? And it's good? Wow, you can't beat that. I'll be at Walgreens right after wrk. I think a lot of people can do it w/the brown bcuz their brows may be sparser therefore making it more blendable, but mine are pretty darn thick so the brown stuff looks so obvious on the skinnier down slope cuz there's not that much hair there. I'd have to shave the front too so it could be all one color (brown). If I keep them black, all I have to do is fill in the down slope. Don't know if this made any sense lol, but thanks Tish
smiles.gif

aziajs

I use CoverGirl brow & eye makers pencil in midnight black. You can get it anywhere.

BeccalovesMAC

Girl, Im a dark ass mexican and I dont even do black eyebrows. I use MACs Brun for my eyebrows. It last forever and its realllllly dark brown. My hair is pitch black too and it looks good. Happy shopping

MACandie2012

I use MAC Spiked Brow Pencil to outline lightly, and MAC Espresso eye shadow to fill in. Then I comb out with a clean mascara wand (upward), then comb back into place. They look more natural blended out instead of just drawn in.

AngellFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccalovesMAC
Girl, Im a dark ass mexican and I dont even do black eyebrows. I use MACs Brun for my eyebrows. It last forever and its realllllly dark brown. My hair is pitch black too and it looks good. Happy shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
Love her brows............LOVE....and her hair is Black ...she does them in black and brown...both look great

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f166/l...st-3-a-151108/

I like how she did hers, and I noticed she's using Brun too. That color looks like it would cover and blend with mine pretty good, it's like a brown-black.

AngellFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACandie2012
I use MAC Spiked Brow Pencil to outline lightly, and MAC Espresso eye shadow to fill in. Then I comb out with a clean mascara wand (upward), then comb back into place. They look more natural blended out instead of just drawn in.

Thanks for the tip, they're pretty
smiles.gif

User38

There is a product from MUFE, which is really great for brows and it comes in a black color, shade no. 4, waterproof "Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector". This is one fabulous product for those with black brows. If you want a less expensive product, try Wet n Wild brow kit -- it has a really dark brown black which contains no red.

Personally I think black brows with dark hair are stunning and give great definition to eyes -- I don't care if some magazine says they should be dark brown.

AngellFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
There is a product from MUFE, which is really great for brows and it comes in a black color, shade no. 4, waterproof "Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector". This is one fabulous product for those with black brows. If you want a less expensive product, try Wet n Wild brow kit -- it has a really dark brown black which contains no red.

Personally I think black brows with dark hair are stunning and give great definition to eyes -- I don't care if some magazine says they should be dark brown.

Thank you so much for saying that, it was killing me cuz I felt like all these espresso colors were blending more into my skin and not my damn black brows! Lol At least when I saw the pic using the Brun e/s I felt more hopeful cuz that looked dark, but sheesh lol. Btw, I'm adding that MUFE corrector to the list. Thanks again girl
smiles.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
Love her brows............LOVE....and her hair is Black ...she does them in black and brown...both look great

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f166/l...st-3-a-151108/

Her hair is actually dark brown. It's interesting because it's such a personal choice. I would recommend using a COOL dark brown, like Brun, if you don't want to use black. I think that's the big difference.

Here she used Folie (which is a reddish-brown)
1zekxeg.jpg

Here she used Brun
2dadatj.jpg

spectrolite

I like a darker brow too. I can't wear the softer browns because they don't show up really well on my skin tone... and I like a bit of brow drama too
sneaky.gif

I use Stud brow pencil to outline my brows or Embark e/s (a really dark blackened brown) with an angled brush like the #266, then I fill them in lightly with some wax (sometimes I skip this step), then go over that with Embark e/s. After that I brush them out with a spoolie to soften and then go back and fill in any gaps and go over the tail with Stud brow pencil.

I find that I get the perfect brow using those colours. They are dark but not so dark that they look like Groucho Marx - just enough to frame my face and compliment my thick framed eye glasses.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Her hair is actually dark brown. It's interesting because it's such a personal choice. I would recommend using a COOL dark brown, like Brun, if you don't want to use black. I think that's the big difference.

Here she used Folie (which is a reddish-brown)
1zekxeg.jpg

Here she used Brun
2dadatj.jpg

Yeah I think she said above she was gonna try Brun...I like Brun and Brun shows up almost black on me so it should work fine for her...I agree pencils can look harsh and drawn in sometimes if your technique is not on point..I prefer e/s or powder for brows...and for me personally I am partial to slighly lighter brows on myself like the 1st look