Gadget Junkie....

redambition

i squealed when i saw the picture of it.

i was at work. everyone thought i was nuts.
lol.gif

i cannot wait for this to come out. I'm waiting for a chance to have a go on one, and if the interface is smooth and non-clunky (something my SO's touchscreen phone had an issue with), then one will be finding it's way into my handbag when my mobile contract is up for renewal.

(ps, i'm a mac/apple geek in general too. hah.)

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

I don't know if you watched the keynote address.. but man I was drooling, how impressive is this thing - its sooooo smart. In EVERY aspect. You watch when this thing launches in June.. thats when its supposed to happen, its going to be soldout/backorderd. Just like the iPods when they first came out. Apple already has 200 patents on this!! LMAO. You know I was going to go with the Palm Treo in March ( due to the fact its my upgrade time
smiles.gif
) I am soooo waiting now. I hope we can order this before June!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
i squealed when i saw the picture of it.

i was at work. everyone thought i was nuts.
lol.gif

i cannot wait for this to come out. I'm waiting for a chance to have a go on one, and if the interface is smooth and non-clunky (something my SO's touchscreen phone had an issue with), then one will be finding it's way into my handbag when my mobile contract is up for renewal.

(ps, i'm a mac/apple geek in general too. hah.)

redambition

it's not being released here until next year.
ssad.gif
so unfair. it is possible it will also be tied to a certain network here, and i won't go with them... so i will wait a bit until the other networks pick it up too.

I'm watching the keynote now...
lmao.gif
steve made a mistake. he said "as 2006 rolls on" in the bit about the movies on itunes
smiles.gif
he is human!

edit: just finished watching the keynote. very interesting that they've chosen edge technology. currently only one telco here in AU runs edge... and they are also an ISP and run a music download service. apple is their competition... and none of their music downloads work on ipod. i wonder if they'd actually partner with apple...

Shimmer

The touchscreen typing is off putting to me.

I LOVE the iPhone as I've seen it...but I've got a palm, and I can listen to music on it, and it's got a real keyboard.

It's fucking HOT though.

Indigowaters

I NEED a new phone right now. I wish I could wait for this one. But I dropped my phone for the last time and now it won't work. And I have to pay a $70+ bill tomorrow.
ssad.gif
But yeah, this looks hot. Just hate that it's coupled with Cingular.

lipshock

OH my, you know how I am about Apple products. The techy geek in me comes out whenever they have their Keynote address.
smiles.gif

I will be getting that iPhone when it comes out in the summer. I am in desperate need of a new one. This Motorola RAZR (aka piece of stylish junk) is seriously crapping out on me. Some times the stupid thing won't even let me call out. Argh, it's so frustrating.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
This Motorola RAZR (aka piece of stylish junk) .

aka -stylish piece of junk with crap for batterys?

or " hi i am deciding that my screen isnt going to be working today "

or "yeah can you speak up because my phone is a pile of crap and I cant hear you"

i bought the Pink razr a year ago.. I was excited because it was pink.. now .. i am not thrilled with it at all.. its a piece of junk , its super fragile. i bent it in half the first week i had it (car accident) and my battery only lasts maybe half a day... arg.

I like the whole Ipod phone thing but,.. do I really need an Ipod AND a Ipod Phone? one MP3 device is good enough for me ..

maybe if My ipod craps out i can get one of these.. kill 2 birds with one stone kind of thing. it would be nice to only have to carry around one device.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

AMEN - its what I have to! The battery suck, sometimes even when I get voicemails - I don't get then til the next day or so!~~! POS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
aka -stylish piece of junk with crap for batterys?

or " hi i am deciding that my screen isnt going to be working today "

or "yeah can you speak up because my phone is a pile of crap and I cant hear you"

i bought the Pink razr a year ago.. I was excited because it was pink.. now .. i am not thrilled with it at all.. its a piece of junk , its super fragile. i bent it in half the first week i had it (car accident) and my battery only lasts maybe half a day... arg.

I like the whole Ipod phone thing but,.. do I really need an Ipod AND a Ipod Phone? one MP3 device is good enough for me ..

maybe if My ipod craps out i can get one of these.. kill 2 birds with one stone kind of thing. it would be nice to only have to carry around one device.

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
Yeah I saw this phone on Gizmodo, looks pretty cool. I have a Treo 650 and I looove my phone.

How is the Treo? I have to get a phone tomorrow or Saturday. Does it have an organizer and can you view real websites from it? I've looked it up, but product sites are too vague.

redambition

one of my friends had a treo... it died spectacularly. (ok, so he was way rough with it). the treo is a great little phone.

I currently have a nokia 6131 and <3 it. it was a random purchase because they were out of stock of the phone i wanted, but i am so glad i bought it.

i cannot WAIT for the iphone here. it will hopefully be released around upgrade time for me.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
How is the Treo? I have to get a phone tomorrow or Saturday. Does it have an organizer and can you view real websites from it? I've looked it up, but product sites are too vague.

I browse and post here on mine. It depends on your carrier and plan. The best part about the Treo is that it's fully customizable to fit your needs. It's ready to go out-the-box, but you decide what applications you need to add to it. I currently have programs for:
My checkbook with multiple accts. (Checkbook)
An awesome datebook feature (Agendus)
Email with multiple accounts (Agendus Mail)
Password management (Password Pro)
Word & Excel (Documents To Go)
and Shopping/Checklists (HandyShopper) which I use for my MAC database.
And, that's not everything. I also have a 2gig card that has more apps on it.

There are so many resources about Treos out there. I've frequented many sites (which I highly recommend) to learn how I can get the most from this phone and I've had it over a year. I learn something new everyday. It's like carrying your life in your hands and it fully syncs with your PC so that info is never lost.

IslandGirl77

Quote:

Like Michie said, you can do alot with it. I have a program called Palm VNC where I can access my computer at home at anytime on my phone. I have all my instant messengers on my phone using a program called Verichat. Programs to keep track of finances,games,email all kinds of stuff. It uses a SD card so you can have photos, music and add other applications. There are many websites specificly for the phone itself. You can also use the phone as a way to connect to the internet. Like say for some duranged reason your net at home wasn't working. You could sync the phone up with your computer and use it as a connection to get online it wouldn't be super fast but you'd be online. LOL I could go on and on.

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I browse and post here on mine. It depends on your carrier and plan. The best part about the Treo is that it's fully customizable to fit your needs. It's ready to go out-the-box, but you decide what applications you need to add to it. I currently have programs for:
My checkbook with multiple accts. (Checkbook)
An awesome datebook feature (Agendus)
Email with multiple accounts (Agendus Mail)
Password management (Password Pro)
Word & Excel (Documents To Go)
and Shopping/Checklists (HandyShopper) which I use for my MAC database.
And, that's not everything. I also have a 2gig card that has more apps on it.

There are so many resources about Treos out there. I've frequented many sites (which I highly recommend) to learn how I can get the most from this phone and I've had it over a year. I learn something new everyday. It's like carrying your life in your hands and it fully syncs with your PC so that info is never lost.

You've got a bigger card then me. Ha ha, I only have 1 gig
ssad.gif

Shimmer

Quote:

Yes it has an organizer and you can sync from your PC to your Treo.
I keep grocery lists, to do lists, alarms, and things like that on my Treo, I LOVE it. LOVE it.
And the camera is one of the best I've used on a cell phone, but if you get one get an SD card.
smiles.gif
Massive storage.
smiles.gif

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Would you recommend getting the newest one (Treo 680) or a 650? What's the diff?

From what I read, the 680 was supposed to be some lower end Treo that only Cingular I beleive at this point carries. You can get it with them for 199 or pay 399. From the reviews I read, not many people were impressed or cared about the 680. But, it's your choice. I'd say read up on it.

You can check out www.treocentral.com if you want info about the different treo phones.

A reveiew on 680...

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12534

MiCHiE

You can probably get the new one cheap, with discounts and rebates. I haven't heard much about them (as far as the bad stuff), but browse a few sites (TreoCentral, MyTreo.net) and see what the users are saying. Be advised, when people claim they have major issues, though, it's usually the fault of the user/software.

Latest posts