gauged/stretched ears

kimmy

i know i can't be the only one here with them...so for those of you have them, what size are you at/going to and where do you like to get your jewelry from?

TeaCup

I have an 8 gauge, but at one time I had a 0 gauge. I love them!

They can be really artsy/classy if you know how to pull them off. I love, love, love hanging ornate gauges because theyre so beautiful! But, I also have a thing for wooden plugs.

http://www.bodyartforms.com/images/bonequiver.jpg

^ Those are currently what I have in. They kinda just look like really thick hoop earrings. Also, Bodyartforms.com is great for cheap, high quality fun!

The only thing that bothers me is when people wear the hollow ones and dont clean the ears. Sorry, but I dont wanna see your ear goo!

Also, now tha I think on it, I wouldnt go bigger than a zero because of job issues (most people dont really notice Zeros if you have long hair) and the simple fact that it takes FOREVER for them to unstretch.

But I love gauged ears! and im currently trying to get back down to a zero

Beauty Mark

I don't stretch but my friends who do actually went their piercers. It seems better that way, just because they would know of all people
smiles.gif

eighmii

I used to be up to 7/16th

But I had to let them close up for work. (I work at The Cheesecake Factory. Very strict.)

They got all the way down to about a 12g, and I didnt even get the cat-butt effect. I havent worn anything in them at all since I took them out though.. Regular earrings still dont really work.

glittergoddess27

"Cat-butt" effect,.. LOL. I dont think I have ever heard it put like that before! IMO- I think having your piercer stretch them is probably a good idea,.. my sister has tons of various gage piercings and hers all look very nice. All mine are just the standards,.. I just have a ton of them.

Korms

Mine used to be stretched to 12mm (I'm from the UK, so it's mm here rather than gauge). I self-stretched and they were fine, I had to take them out though because of my job. My ears are now back to exactly the size they were before stretching!

MissHeidi

I've had all the way up to 0g. Then I took them out for about 3 months, but I can stick plugs back in if I start at 8 and every other day work up... 2g still goes in nicely. The very nice part of it is that you look at my lobes and you'd never guess I had slightly larger than 0g, and yet I can still wear decently big plugs. I don't know if everyone's lobes do this... :confused:

lilacsandlolita

My boyfriend has a double zero and they look really good. However my personal opinion is that girls shouldn't go larger than a two because then their ears will never shrink back and it just looks weird to me. Mine were a 4 for quite some time and they looked nice. If you get tunnels you can wear hoop earrings through them. Ive seen a lot of girls do that.
smiles.gif
Hot Topic has some really cute ones for girls like:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/sto...177024 759874

I had those but they were magenta-ish

cyens

I have them streched for about 8 years now, so they wont in anyways de-stretch. I used to take them out and they would shrink, but now they wont and im stuck with them. I'm a jeweler, I make jewelry in precious metal, thats my trade. I dont like buying body jewelry because I think its over priced, and Since I have all the equipments, I made myself 18kt gold stretchers, looks a lil' more apropriate when you sell real jewelry eh... No one ever noticed my earing are stretched the way it looks, people thinks I have " normal " earings. If I show them what it is, they freak out hahaha, but I'm a lil' too old to try to freak out everyone that steps in my store.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacsandlolita
My boyfriend has a double zero and they look really good. However my personal opinion is that girls shouldn't go larger than a two because then their ears will never shrink back and it just looks weird to me. Mine were a 4 for quite some time and they looked nice. If you get tunnels you can wear hoop earrings through them. Ive seen a lot of girls do that.
smiles.gif
Hot Topic has some really cute ones for girls like:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/sto...177024 759874

I had those but they were magenta-ish

those are hella cute! my hot topic never has those ones though.
ssad.gif
i'm at a 00g right now...idk how much bigger (if any) i'm going to go, but i noticed that alot of the girly jewelry doesn't go much bigger than 2g.

Naked Lunch

I had mine to 1/2 inch and took them out about 2 years ago. They will not close and I can fit about a 4g in them now. My friends who are tattoo artists would do them for me and give me free plugs, or plugs that didn't fit them anymore.

Sonya Adams

I'm at a 23mm (15/16 inch) in my lower holes and 00g in my uppers (and 6g in my cartilage - NOT fun). Took me around 3 years to get here. I purchase jewelry from BMEShop, Anatometal, SteelSkin, ColdSteel, Tribalectic... um.. lots of places.

The fact that I'm a body piercer KIND OF helps my stretching though.

*note: for the above, the reason your ears won't close is because you've torn them at some point. I've seen ears larger than 2 inches close back to normal holes, but only because they stretched properly - 1 gauge size at a time every 6-8+ weeks. Once you've torn them, you're done for in the closing department, and most of the time your ears will end up looking like little cat's butts, rather than smooth holes.*

Sonya Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
those are hella cute! my hot topic never has those ones though.
ssad.gif
i'm at a 00g right now...idk how much bigger (if any) i'm going to go, but i noticed that alot of the girly jewelry doesn't go much bigger than 2g.

Try Anatometal for girly jewelry (or glasswearstudios or wildcat.co.uk). AWESOME stuff all the way into the inches.

medusalox

I used to be up to 1/2 inch, but I took them out for my job (law enforcement). I stretched myself, and I used kaos softwear to stretch to the bigger sizes. Not recommended, but it works
winks.gif

I took them out 4 months ago, and one side shrunk to 12 gauge and looks fine. The other side shrunk to...0 gauge. It won't go any farther. I'm wearing a 12ga in there, too, but it looks a little....saggy. No cat ass effect, just...saggy. I keep talking nice to it, but it just. won't. shrink.

I miss my big ear holes.
ssad.gif
weeping.gif

VogueInfection

Imagine what you'd look like when you are an old and decrepid with stretched out holes in your earlobes.
rofl.gif

Gauges aren't that bad if you keep them small.
That's just what I think.

enraptured

I think gauges are beautiful.
smiles.gif

I had mine for 5 years. I started off stretching with a "kit" my good friend made for me - full of tapers, plugs, etc. I stopped at 00g (which I had for a while), and ended up going down to 2g for a while. I purchased a lot of my stuff from www.bodyartforms.com and www.glasswearstudios.com. I took mine out a little over a year ago, and they've shrunken all the way down to about 16g. I don't have any sag, any tearing, etc. They still stretch super easily too - I can fit an 8g in no problem, but normally, they're only around 16g. I don't even wear anything in my ears anymore.
ssad.gif
I'd really like to go back up to a 2g. I still have all of my favorite stuff in that size.

I actually love large gauges on girls. I think it looks fantastic.
smiles.gif

freaksinunif0rm

I'm at 5/8" (or 11/16" if the plugs aren't double domed) for the "first" piercings, 14, 16, and 6g on the rest of my lobe.

I get most of my jewelry on Body Art Forms.

thestarsfall

Currently at 6mm (2ga roughly) and I have some sweet wooden plugs from BMEshop that my bf bought me. Although I think I have the urge to stretch again...I was originally going to just stay at this gauge...but I dunno...

My bf is, I think, at 7/16th and I want him to get up much bigger than that cuz he just looks so hot with them...he stretched much faster than I did, and keeps going on about how he "beat me" in gauges. haha...

all my other piercings are either 14 or 16 ga.