gauged/stretched ears

imthebeesknees

I know what covering up and giving up peircings is like, I have no peircings exept for my ears and all of my tats have to be covered at work, even my finger tat... I waitress at a semi-classy chineese resturant so they're pretty strict about things like that. So don't worry you're not the only one!! At least we're making money!!
smiles.gif

You're lucky your ears still shrink, mine never do!! I can have nothig in mine for a couple days and they stay the same!! Which i HATE because mine are a teeensy bit over an inch so my jewelery falls out a lot.
ssad.gif
So be happy yours shrinks!!

Haha yeah its pretty gross when they smell like that, I think everyone is different because ever since I've been at an inch mine don't smell. But my boyfriend has been at an inch even longer than me and his still stink.

Junkie

Ditto on the 00 - I've been this size since I was 19 or 20.

I contemplated going larger, but again like someone else said, its not for everyone and I wouldn't want to have to pay for the cosmetic surgery to have them clipped and reshaped....gag. So right now I'm content with the size.

I work in customer service and go to a lot of metal shows - so seeing other people with larger guages makes me jealous and want to stretch more lol. My bf says I should stop at where I am...but a part of me still wants 'em bigger.

Thing is, my lobes are really thick and my right ear has always given me trouble. I've had 3 blow-outs in that ear (and if you don't know what a blow-out is, its basically when you stretch too fast and the flesh inside explodes into the outer area of the hole....effing disgusting LOL). It didnt't hurt, and its not an open sore gushing blood or anything....but the look of fleshy skin outside the hole is not hot! Its back to normal now....but holy piss it scared me into not wanting to stretch for awhile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2
The only thing I hate about stretched ears is the SMELL! Eww! Like dirty belly button, haha.

lmmmmmaaaoooo! Ahahahahaha! Yep...I still get that every now and then. I try to wash with Tea Tree Oil now.

tottui

i love stretched ears! on guys and on girls! I just recently stretched from 4g to 2g and I'm in LOVE!.. I used to have 4g about two years ago but I had to take the plugs out because of work (I was an elementary school teacher and it was prohibited to use any kind of jewelry). At the beginning I would take them out while working and put them back on afterwards but it was a pain! lol.. So I took them out and they completely closed to the point that I couldn't even wear regular gauged earrings.. so then I decided to get them scalpeled (sp?) to a 4g and 3 days ago I stretched them to a 2g and I LOVEEEEEE IT!!!!

I also have my nose pierced, 2 2nd lobe piercings, 3 cartilage piercings, belly, 2 macros, 1 inner conch, and 1 tragus piercings. I also had my nipple pierced but it closed up when I got my boob job
ssad.gif

Oh and I also have 1 tattoo (coheed and cambria lyrics)

What other mods do you guys have???

Junkie

^^

Currently:

4 Tats - ribs, upper back, lower back and chest

Industrial
Tragus
Conch
Lobes
Nipples
Belly Button

Retired? LOL long ass list!

-Inverted Belly Button
-Sternum
-Rook
-Tragus (other ear)
-Bridge
-Tongue x2 (10g & 12g)
-Nostril (pierced and retired more times than I can count)
-Septum
-Medusa
-Labret
-Lobes x2 (other than my 00g's - 2 regular 18g are retired on each ear)
-Eyebrows x2 (beside eachother - though its been pierced x3, once retired before)

I was leaning towards my nape, corsets (temp of course), anti-eyebrow, cheeks and several other ear ones....and then I grew up
smiles.gif
lol

I wanted my Christina done at one point - but I'm far too squeamish for someone to be poking around my crotch. It was embarassing enough getting the nipples done hahahahaha!

Courtney <3

My body mods are

currently:
one tattoo on my hip
10g stretched ears
one 14g ear

retired:
nose (done a couple times)
belly button (also done a couple times)
lower labret
random ear piercings

i have my tonsils out last christmas so i had to take all my piercings out. being only seventeen its a pain to get a parent to go with me to get any of them redone. so im waiting till im eightteen to redo a majority of them. thank goodness i only have 25 more days!
smiles.gif

EdgyTrends86

Mine are an inch (25mm) they are my blood sweat and tears and hopefully, sephora wont penalize me or not accept me into their wokr place for having them :(

bosskitty

I did have mine up to 14mm or 16mm (I'm from the UK) I have to take my piercings out for work and i miss my stretch because I let it close up a bit. I might stretch it up again soon I feel werid without it.

rubytitania

Mine are 5mm (4g) - tiny but I love them! Sometimes I feel like going bigger but I stay at this size for a few reasons: - I have quite small ears and I think this size suits me - I have regular 16g second and third lobe piercings and they're quite close to my firsts. I think I'd have to heal and re-pierce them if I went any bigger and I don't want to do that. - I prefer spirals, ornate jewellery and hanging designs to plugs and there are more of these styles available in smaller sizes. Plus, I can easily wear my old regular earrings through silicone tunnels and they're just fine :) - I have spent a fortune on 4g jewellery and really can't afford to re-purchase it all in a larger size! I buy pretty much all my jewellery from BAF - it's awesome. Right now I'm wearing emerald green glass spirals :eyelove:

Kittily

Little bit of a bump, if that's ok? :D
I love stretched ears. One of mine is stretched (I don't know why I haven't bothered with the other...weird)
Mine is 12mm, I don't know what that is in 'gauge' terms. I love mine though, but I have been wearing the same tunnel for ages! I need to order a few plugs soon I think.