Gel/Cream Liner Recommendations

Soul Unique

I really like Clinique Cream Liner too!
thmbup.gif
Definitely applies smoothly unlike a drugstore version I tried out here in the UK which was very dry to start with and completely dried up with a blink of an eye not too long after I purchased the product.

sillylilacs

Another vote for..

Drugstore:
-Wet n Wild gel liners (they DON'T move)
-L'oreal HIP cream liners

High End:
-Bobbi Brown gel liners

Love 'em =D

RedRibbon

I love Bobbi Brown for high end gel liners and for lower end I like Stila.

If you are based in the UK, Collection 2000 have very good eye pencils which work just as well if you use them as liquid liner (ie to line the lid and do little flicks.

roLLerGrrL

I started collecting the Stila Smudgepots (as I recommended above) but a couple of weeks ago on a whim I bought an Inglot gel eyeliner. SO glad I did as I love it, I bought another one yesterday. It's so creamy & easy to use.

I have to say that it's easier to apply than my Stila Smudge Pots, and SO much cheaper. Inglot only have matte colours for now so I will still use up the Smudge Pots that I have, but I will definitely be collecting the Inglot Gel Eyeliners!

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roLLerGrrL
I started collecting the Stila Smudgepots (as I recommended above) but a couple of weeks ago on a whim I bought an Inglot gel eyeliner. SO glad I did as I love it, I bought another one yesterday. It's so creamy & easy to use.

I have to say that it's easier to apply than my Stila Smudge Pots, and SO much cheaper. Inglot only have matte colours for now so I will still use up the Smudge Pots that I have, but I will definitely be collecting the Inglot Gel Eyeliners!

I swatched them recently and they are deffo long lasting because it took about four wipes to get them off my hands. However, a fair few had dried out pretty hard but I suppose that is to be expected with those kinds of products in a shop..but, whenever I try the Bobbi Brown ones, they are always really soft and creamy.

Re. the Maybelline liner, there's a pop up shop in London at the mo where you can buy that (it's not out in England until next March) so I'm going along tomorrow to pick one up.

naturallyfab

I've heard the Maybelline gel liner is fantastic, and you can never go wrong with Fluidline by MAC or the stila smudge pots.

jackieheartsyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicala
WET N WILD GEL LINER. You will LOVE it! I have extremely oil eye lids and it doesn't transfer above my lid AT ALL. My blacktrack did that! The best part? It's only $5!
smiles.gif
Do use it with a different eyeliner brush though. I don't suggest the one included.

I concur although mine did transfer but I wore it for more than 12 hours at Disneyland on a hot day in August... I was happy with it though, especially for the price.

roLLerGrrL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
I swatched them recently and they are deffo long lasting because it took about four wipes to get them off my hands. However, a fair few had dried out pretty hard but I suppose that is to be expected with those kinds of products in a shop..but, whenever I try the Bobbi Brown ones, they are always really soft and creamy.

Yes I bet the eyeliners get a lot of air from people testing them all day.

The SA showed me another product called Duraline which turns powdered shadow into eyeliner. She put a drop on a dry gel eyeliner tester & it went back to normal. I don't know why they don't use it to keep the testers useable - UNLESS they don't so they can show you how it works (clever as they can then sell you two products.)

The Duraline is marvellous as I can see what an eyeliner colour looks like on me before I buy it (using eyeshadows I already have). This helps me make an eyeliner purchase I know will work or just keep using the eyeshadow if I don't really need it.

*JJ*

inglot has amazing gel eyeliners. the black one is really dark, just like mac'S feline. plus, they don't budge! i have really oily eyelids but these stay put, even when i wash my face in the evening!

macupsjf

MAC fluidline for sure.... Make sure to close lid tight after use, though... they have a tendency to dry out if left open for a decent amount of time. Good luck ;)

Essence's Gel Eyeliners are fabulous. They're highly pigmented and go on super smooth. They have this fabulous mousse texture too and don't dry up really fast, like other gel liners do.

I've got quite a few L'Oreal HIP liners, some Bobbi Brown pots, several Stila Smudge Pots, ELF liners, Wet n Wild, a newer Smashbox cream shadow that doubles as a gorgeous gel liner - much larger & much higher quality than their tiny and expensive gel liners, a pathetic MAC Fluidline sitting alone & crusty because I couldn't care less about it, as well as some Essence Stay All Day cream shadows which double as gel liners. As much as I love my Smudge Pots, Bobbi Brown & Smashbox, I am in total lust with the Essence products. One of the shades I have is a metallic-type black/dark grey base with metallic sparks in it. Kind of the color of hematite. Utterly gorgeous! It applies very smoothly, very pigmented, very easily. And it really does stay all day, I kid you not, through sweat, tears, heat, humidity, oily lids, everything. I believe I paid about $2.49 for it, for 5.5 grams. The shade name is Rock Chick & it looks beautiful as a liner. I just wish Essence had more shades of their cream liners & eyeshadows because they really put higher end products to shame. If Essence can come out with crazily spectacular products like these for next to nothing, there is absolutely no excuse for department store & pro makeup brands to be foisting off total crap on us at a premium price. I also love the fact that Essence is made in Germany, not China like the majority of other cheap brands. German companies make some amazing products.

Gloriana

Mac fluidline in Waveline. Gorgeous dark blue, not as harsh as Blacktrack. Goes very well with my dark brown eyes.

lindas1983

I've tried both the MAC and Estee Lauder black gel liners and i'd definitly say the MAC is better, they are both creamy, long wearing, non transferable (on my hooded lids anyways) and easy to apply but the MAC one is blacker and more opaque in one swipe IMO.