General Chanel Chat

Shadowy Lady

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Just want to say the new shade of Cambon is beyond friggin' gorgeous. So sexy. It can work for anyone. Can't wait to show you ladies. After work tomorrow I am going to see Alice In Wonderland so if I'm not back too late I'll post swatches then. I feel a lot better now and thanks for the well wishes MzzRach!

I agree, Cambon is one of the two I got (the other one was Teheran) and I friggin love it. It's a nice raspberry pink and super flattering on me (NW25). I had a feeling it would look on everyone though. I can't wait to see how it looks on you

shimmergrass

i am loving Mademoiselle. it is so pretty.
smiles.gif
i want more lippies

Miss QQ

I haven't seen these Rouge Coco but the swatches are beautiful. I think I am going to love Mademoiselle. Does anyone have Gardenia? It is an exclusive shade and looks gorgeous. I agree that Perle is frosty, from the pics, so it is off my list.

Winthrop44

Miss QQ, I think Gardenia looks really pretty too. That one looks to be exclusive to Neimans - is that right? I'd love to see it irl but have no Neimans within even 3 hours.
ssad.gif
I found Rose Comete too shimmery for me...between that and the light color it just didn't look good on my pigmented lips and I had that neon thing going on on my bottom lip with it that I initially had with Gaga (before I found Bubbles). I like Mademoiselle alot and wonder what others, if any, have that same finish. I wonder how shimmery Ruban Rose is? Karla called it "shimmery", which is the way she described Perle. Hmmm.

Has anyone seen/tried Rouge Allure Laque in Phoenix 78? It gets raves on MUA and looks like a really pretty shade in Nordstrom's online swatch.

anita22

I wasn't expecting Rouge Coco to be out yet in the UK, but today I stopped in at the Chanel counter and there it was!

Overall I was a little disappointed with the lack of lighter shades. I ended up getting Ruban Rose, which is a pinky-coral-nude with a little shimmer. I might also go back for Rose Comete, which I tried on and was very pretty (it's a shimmery baby pink). I think I prefer the texture and the packaging of the Rouge Allures though.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
I ended up getting Ruban Rose, which is a pinky-coral-nude with a little shimmer. I might also go back for Rose Comete, which I tried on and was very pretty (it's a shimmery baby pink).

Is Ruban Rose as shimmery as Rose Comete in your opinion? It's not that I'm anti-shimmer when it comes to lip products in general, it's just not what I'm looking for in these.

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Is Ruban Rose as shimmery as Rose Comete in your opinion? It's not that I'm anti-shimmer when it comes to lip products in general, it's just not what I'm looking for in these.

Hmm... Well, thinking about it I would say that both are more 'pearlescent' rather than shimmery. Rose Comete was lighter on me, so it did seem to be more pearly-looking on my lips than Ruban Rose. If you're not a fan of any kind of shimmer though, then I'd steer clear.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Miss QQ, I think Gardenia looks really pretty too. That one looks to be exclusive to Neimans - is that right?

Has anyone seen/tried Rouge Allure Laque in Phoenix 78? It gets raves on MUA and looks like a really pretty shade in Nordstrom's online swatch.

Yeah I'm lusting after Gardenia but I don't even know if it will be sold in my country...

I have Phoenix and love it! It is a deep raspberry, not too red or bright such that it goes on too bold. Here's a pic of me wearing it. I'm NC20/25.

IMG_3456.jpg

Winthrop44

^^Oh that looks so pretty on you! Sold!
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Neiman Marcus is having their Beauty Event, so I decided to place an order for my first Rouge Coco lipsticks with them, and they are also doing free shipping with the code, BEAUTY.

I ordered Mademoiselle (the shade Vanessa is wearing in the promo image) and Rouge Orage. I am sure these are just the first of a few of these!
lol.gif

MzzRach, how are you liking Rouge Orage? Someone on MUA just recommended it to me as a nice unfrosty one.

MzzRach

Quote:
MzzRach, how are you liking Rouge Orage? Someone on MUA just recommended it to me as a nice unfrosty one.

I love it! It's a great shade for me, I use it with the Rosey Aqua lipliner crayon which works well with it, at least on my skintone. It's very much a "face brightening" lipstick for me.
yes.gif

Here are the swatches of the lipsticks I received this past week - Mademoiselle on top, Rouge Orage on the bottom. Mademoiselle looks super neutral in this photo, it looks much, much pinker on me. I am NW20 with almost no pigment in my lips.

Rougecocov1-vi.jpg

Winthrop44

Thanks for the great swatches.
smiles.gif
Mademoiselle looks just like that on my super pigmented lips!

MzzRach

I've seen the Chanel tattoos in some magazines of late - but it is 75$ USD for I think it is 5 temporary tattoos?
nope.gif
I mean, they are very cool and sexy and Chanel, but I personally would not buy them. I'd rather spend that $$ on more Rouge Coco or Allure lipsticks.
winkiss.gif

elegant-one

Got to see the coco rouge - I got Rose Comete which is such a pretty light violet pink. I cannot stand the perfume taste to it
ssad.gif

I thought most of the colors were fairly dark for my liking.

I also wanted to get the new Hydramax lip care/balm - completely sold out
icon_eek.gif
she said they can't keep it in stock. wow

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I've seen the Chanel tattoos in some magazines of late - but it is 75$ USD for I think it is 5 temporary tattoos?
nope.gif
I mean, they are very cool and sexy and Chanel, but I personally would not buy them. I'd rather spend that $$ on more Rouge Coco or Allure lipsticks.
winkiss.gif

I checked out ebay to see if I could find pics of the tattoos... you get about 50 tattoos in the package. if you type in tattoo & chanel on ebay you can see pics from some sellers to give you a good idea about how many you get of each tattoo

blinkymei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Yeah I'm lusting after Gardenia but I don't even know if it will be sold in my country...

I have Phoenix and love it! It is a deep raspberry, not too red or bright such that it goes on too bold. Here's a pic of me wearing it. I'm NC20/25.

IMG_3456.jpg

super gorgeous, thanks for the swatch on lips... are you wearing lip gloss to? or is that by itself?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ

IMG_3456.jpg

You are so beautiful! Your lips look amazing in that color! Gardenia is the other color I really liked too.

Winthrop44

^^ Gardenia is the Neiman's exclusive, isn't it? You didn't see it at Macys, did you? I ordered it from NM online but it's on backorder with no anticipated date!
ssad.gif

Latest posts