General Chanel Chat

Miss QQ

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Hmmm, I have not used Cosmo in a very long time, but Mademoiselle I think is quite different. I remember cosmo being more of a pink/brown type shade. Mademoiselle doesn't really show pink at all. More of a beige/brown/corally shade. Sorry, I really suck at describing the more neutral type colours. It looks to me like a colour that will be flattering on a lot of skin tones. Unfortunately, the promo pics with Vanessa Paradis wearing it look a lot different from one site to the next.

BIG EDIT! I just had another look at Mademoiselle in the tube, and it pinkish. I'm rather confused now, probably has something to do with the craptastic lighting in the department store. I can see the comparison to Cosmo, but I still think that was more pinky than this. Okay, I completely suck, sorry.

Oh, and I ended up going back for Mademoiselle today! Oops... me thinks that I'll be skipping the Beach collection after all!

iagree.gif
Vanessa wearing Mademoiselle looks different in so many pics. In some, it looks raspberry pink while brown rose in others. Did she wear two different lipsticks? I have seen Chanel promo pics of Rouge Allure Laque with the model wearing two different colours, one is Phoenix and one is Dragon.
th_dunno.gif

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
iagree.gif
Vanessa wearing Mademoiselle looks different in so many pics. In some, it looks raspberry pink while brown rose in others. Did she wear two different lipsticks? I have seen Chanel promo pics of Rouge Allure Laque with the model wearing two different colours, one is Phoenix and one is Dragon.
th_dunno.gif

They shouldn't be allowed to do that! I know for sure that the sales associate told me that she had Mademoiselle on and in the picture at the counter, it really didn't look pinky at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Here are Karla's gorgeous swatches. I think I need Ruban Rose now...and maybe Organdi Rose and Camelia. Geesh, why do these have to be so pricey?!

I'm eyeing Secret, but it'll definitely have to wait! I think I splurged enough for now, they really are pricey!

Hypathya

Hi lovelys!!
wavey.gif

My parents were visiting us for the last few days and I couldn't be around.

I'm soooo happy to be back and finding all this excitement around Rouge Coco!!!
yahoo.gif

... And also a bit jealous of all of you who already got to see and own your new Chanel lippies!!
cutey.gif

I've just seen Karlasugar swatches and drooling
drools.gif

I'm having the hardest of times trying to pick the ones I'll get... unfortunately, I have lots of time ahead to make up my mind!!
cry.gif

shontay07108

Hey ladies, I got my Chanel package from Saks yesterday. I'm not feeling too great right now, so I won't be able to provide swatches until tomorrow or maybe Friday. I promise it'll be up by Sunday. I've just had a bad day and I feel like crap. Must be the weather. Just wanted you ladies to know I haven't forgotten you.

stv578

I know the last thing I need right now is more make-up, but I'm itching to get one more of these (thinking Secret or Perle) and also Futile Glossimer. Someone talk me out of it...
lol.gif

MzzRach

Feel better Shontay!
th_hug.gif

Just checked the tracking for my Neiman's order with my Rouge Cocos and my package has been delivered! Can't wait to get home and play.
winkiss.gif

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Feel better Shontay!
th_hug.gif

Just checked the tracking for my Neiman's order with my Rouge Cocos and my package has been delivered! Can't wait to get home and play.
winkiss.gif

Make sure you let us know what you think!

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
^I cannot talk you out of Futile glossimer b/c it is gorgeous.

I know! I had already pretty much decided on getting it, so I'll probably end up getting Perle also!

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Make sure you let us know what you think!

But of course!

elegant-one

It's not makeup, but I've mentioned before that I have switched my skin care completely over to Chanel. Well, I picked up the new Ultra Correction Eye Lift about 6 weeks or so ago after loving the sample I got.

After using it for about 6 weeks now, I noticed that my lashes are fuller longer & lusher!!! I also switched to Chanel eye makeup remover, so it is one or both that has made this change in my lashes. I believe that whatever is in the eye lift creme has added moisture & nutrition (for lack of a better word) to my lashes.

I had fuller dark long lashes when I was younger, but about a year or two ago, I noticed that they fell out a lot more, were sparse, not long, & losing some color, but something has really significantly changed them & I believe its the Chanel.

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
It's not makeup, but I've mentioned before that I have switched my skin care completely over to Chanel. Well, I picked up the new Ultra Correction Eye Lift about 6 weeks or so ago after loving the sample I got.

After using it for about 6 weeks now, I noticed that my lashes are fuller longer & lusher!!! I also switched to Chanel eye makeup remover, so it is one or both that has made this change in my lashes. I believe that whatever is in the eye lift creme has added moisture & nutrition (for lack of a better word) to my lashes.

I had fuller dark long lashes when I was younger, but about a year or two ago, I noticed that they fell out a lot more, were sparse, not long, & losing some color, but something has really significantly changed them & I believe its the Chanel.

How about wrinkle? does it help wrinkle, dark shadow, etc?
i have used PRÉCISION Line Correction (serum, moisture & eye) for almost a year and it's about time to get new jars. i love chanel skincare. i wonder if i should upgrade to Ultra Correction. i start to have first sign wrinkle around my my eyes. or should i use different brand for eye wrinkle?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by genduk26
How about wrinkle? does it help wrinkle, dark shadow, etc?
i have used PRÉCISION Line Correction (serum, moisture & eye) for almost a year and it's about time to get new jars. i love chanel skincare. i wonder if i should upgrade to Ultra Correction. i start to have first sign wrinkle around my my eyes. or should i use different brand for eye wrinkle?

Well, I don't really have any wrinkles yet, but it does make the whole eye area seem more taught & over all youthful looking. It's helped with the darkness only very slightly. I tried line correction, but felt that I got instant gratification with the lift series. I also use the Lift face serum - love this a lot as it makes the skin look so good.

Another thing that I like about the lift, is that it seems like the skin absorbs it better & its not such a heavy moisturizer that I don't care for in the eye area - which can actually create those tiny white under the skin bumps.

Maybe you could get a sample & compare first. I talked with a lady from Chanel on the phone when I was ordering - she's about my age (50) & she said she prefers the Lift series too.

genduk26

^^^ thanks elegant. i have very small crow's feet (laugh lines). i want to get rid of it, so i can be like you or Rachel (MzzRach) when i'm 40 or 50
winkiss.gif

my chanel MA recommended lift series too. i'll see her this weekend & ask for sample.
does it mean another trip for rouge coco l/p?
sneaky.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by genduk26
^^^ thanks elegant. i have very small crow's feet (laugh lines). i want to get rid of it, so i can be like you or Rachel (MzzRach) when i'm 40 or 50
winkiss.gif

my chanel MA recommended lift series too. i'll see her this weekend & ask for sample.
does it mean another trip for rouge coco l/p?
sneaky.gif

Aw, thats so sweet!

I hope you can get a sample. Chanel is not going to do samples any more - so I was told. I begged for one & she happened to find a tube in the drawer. I mean really, for the prices of Chanel - I want to try it first.

Uh oh, more rouge coco
yes.gif

shontay07108

Just want to say the new shade of Cambon is beyond friggin' gorgeous. So sexy. It can work for anyone. Can't wait to show you ladies. After work tomorrow I am going to see Alice In Wonderland so if I'm not back too late I'll post swatches then. I feel a lot better now and thanks for the well wishes MzzRach!

stv578

Me again! I went back today to look at the new lippies. I was pretty much set on getting Secret or Perle. However, I decided to actually try them on at the counter before purchasing and didn't end up liking either. Secret is a gorgeous colour, but for anyone with any decent amount of pigmentation in your lips, this will do nothing for you. It looked identical to my own lip colour. Perle was also pretty when swatched, but this one was actually half a shade lighter than my lip colour and it is a frost. It seemed to wash me out. I actually ended up with Muse! This was similar to Perle but deeper, a shimmry pinky red shade maybe about a shade or so deeper than my lips. The SA and I both agreed this actually did a nice job of complimenting my skintone. Muse is also just a really elegant "fresh" looking shade compared to my usual light pinks.

And I picked up Futile! This is pretty sheer like Maline, it's like Maline's "cool" sibling, meaning the shimmer is more silvery where Maline is more gold. I got both of these as lipstick toppers, since I don't like my gloss to really alter the actually colour of my lipstick.

MzzRach

I'm wearing Mademoiselle today. On me (NW20, unpgimented lips) it is just a perfect tea rose shade. So flattering. I put a bit of Baby Sparks dazzleglass over the top to add a little shine and it's just lovely.

I'll swatch both lipsticks I got this week and post - it was dark when I got home from work last night and imagine will be the same tonight. Viva la weekend!

Latest posts