General Chanel Chat

Camnagem

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Oh man...I am really loving the new glosses. Out of the selection reviewed on the Cafe' Makeup site, I want 5 of them (plus maybe 1 other she didn't review)! FIVE! Ugh!
lol.gif

I have to be really good and only pick 1 when they're released (boo!) because our 1 year old TV just broke...sigh. We have to have the lamp and fans replaced, but depending on how much they say that will cost we may just get a new one all together. We love our TV, it's huge (65") and the HD picture is amazing but what the hell? Only 1 year old and broken, twice? Lame.
angry.gif

Cheryl, you look so pretty in all of your FOTDs and this is no different...lovely! I wish I could wear Turkish Delight but I can't get over the plastic butt smell. I can deal with some of the other NARS glosses, but for some reason TD is always perma-funky for me.

Hi Lou! It's always good to see a new face show up here! I really don't think you can go wrong starting with Chanel with a Glossimer, in any color that calls to you.

Be warned though, you can't have just 1!
lol.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Here's a look I did today (finally) with MAC - there is some Chanel
girlhaha.gif
- what I used:

That is such a beautiful picture of you
heart.gif

I love the whole look! Your eyes look so bright with those colors.

Well poo, that is just too darn bad about the duos
ssad.gif
I think I'm just going to wait for the new Holiday things instead of investing any more into the duos. I'm happy with the 2 that I have.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Oh man...I am really loving the new glosses. Out of the selection reviewed on the Cafe' Makeup site, I want 5 of them (plus maybe 1 other she didn't review)! FIVE! Ugh!
lol.gif

I have to be really good and only pick 1 when they're released (boo!) because our 1 year old TV just broke...sigh. We have to have the lamp and fans replaced, but depending on how much they say that will cost we may just get a new one all together. We love our TV, it's huge (65") and the HD picture is amazing but what the hell? Only 1 year old and broken, twice? Lame.
angry.gif

Cheryl, you look so pretty in all of your FOTDs and this is no different...lovely! I wish I could wear Turkish Delight but I can't get over the plastic butt smell.

^
rofl.gif
yep, me too.
nope.gif

All the gloss colors look divine!

Crap about the TV. The lamps aren't too expensive anymore. We had a huge panasonic & the lamps kept blowing out & they were $$$ but hubby figured out how to replace them himself. We finally sold it & bought the thin 60" Samsung & LOVE it. If you buy a new one, you may want to check out the Samsung LED - they don't have a lamp & the picture is just amazing - so worth it. HD rocks

sorry, I LOVE gadgets/technology even though most times I barely understand it
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i know i don't usually venture into these parts! however i am wanting some Chanel goodies off family for my birthday in October
smiles.gif
So i am trying to find out what will be good to get
smiles.gif
The glosses all look super pretty! and i love the eye shadow quads too! I wonder how quickly things sell out in the uk?

Its a trap Lou
girlhaha.gif
no really, it is
sneaky.gif

we love our Chanel

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Lol, Momma Spy...can you avoid Chanel until the holidays?

girlhaha.gif
th_dunno.gif
we'll see. I should challenge myself
tong.gif
I only have to wait, what another month?
shockt.gif
sweatdrop.gif

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha

I am really wanting Insouciante RA l/s now!! I love pinky nudes -- I have been debating between that and Mythic (which I assume is a true nude lippie?).

If I had to pick one, it would definitely be insouciante. It was my first RA and one of my favourite l/s in my collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem

Cheryl, you look so pretty in all of your FOTDs and this is no different...lovely! I wish I could wear Turkish Delight but I can't get over the plastic butt smell. I can deal with some of the other NARS glosses, but for some reason TD is always perma-funky for me.

Lol! They definitely aren't the best scent wise, but I recently picked up TD and found it wasn't as bad as I remember, so not sure if it's any different? It's an amazing pink though.

Sorry about the tv. We've had a Samsung for a few years now, and have had no issues with it at all.

Miss QQ

th_WeAreDoomed.png
The new glosses look amazing! I'm falling for more than two shades already!

And I'm thinking of getting more RALs and I must check out Insouciante later! I have forgotten how it looks like and the swatch on Chanel's website is not helpful at all.

Lou, what a pleasant surprise to see you here!
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
Besides the quads and glosses, perhaps you want a nail polish? Paradoxal, maybe?
winks.gif

Cheryl, thanks for sharing! Very beautiful! I'm disappointed to hear about the duos. Luckily I haven't gotten any so I'll just wait some more, and see if I need Taupe-Delicate.

It's funny that we are talking about tvs here because at the bimbos thread, we are talking about it too.
lol.gif
My tv is spoilt and I'm looking to buy a new lcd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Sooo, I am now the proud owner of Ming allure laque! It was one of those items I've wanted for a while, but... so many LE things that I've resisted.

Enjoy! Ming is so easy to wear and gorgeous at the same time! Effortlessly pretty!
heart.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Hey Lou! Yep, Enigma is perm! I was told the glosses are limited edition, but they aren't showing as such on the site. Plus, they're all still in stock, so I think you'll be good. The only thing that went quickly was Pink Explosion blush, which was LE.

I love, love your looks, Cheryl! That Celadon liner is gorgeous on you, and the lips are faboo!

awsome! all the glosses look so pretty! not sure what to pick! argh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
^
rofl.gif
yep, me too.
nope.gif

All the gloss colors look divine!

Crap about the TV. The lamps aren't too expensive anymore. We had a huge panasonic & the lamps kept blowing out & they were $$$ but hubby figured out how to replace them himself. We finally sold it & bought the thin 60" Samsung & LOVE it. If you buy a new one, you may want to check out the Samsung LED - they don't have a lamp & the picture is just amazing - so worth it. HD rocks

sorry, I LOVE gadgets/technology even though most times I barely understand it
tong.gif

Its a trap Lou
girlhaha.gif
no really, it is
sneaky.gif

we love our Chanel

yeah i can see what a trap it is! but i must remember it's for a special occasion!

also sadly the nail polsihes sell out quickly in the uk. i was reading lipglossiping's blog and she said polishes sometimes sell out within 3 hours! argh!

Honey&LemonGirl

Ladies, am I mistaken or has Particuliere been added to the permanent vernis line? It is back in stock on the Chanel website (so is Nouvelle Vague) but doesn't have the "Limited Edition" label.

If so, hurray!

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
also sadly the nail polsihes sell out quickly in the uk. i was reading lipglossiping's blog and she said polishes sometimes sell out within 3 hours! argh!

Ouch! That's not good ... now I feel more anxious about going to get the things I need the very first day the collection is released here, although I know for sure that I won't be sold out so soon (last day I was at the store there were still Riviera n/p available and some Super l/s).

If that happens to MAC collection ... it would be awesome!!!

bis

Do we know yet if the Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss are permanent and here to stay?
I seriously hope so....

Shadowy Lady

Since us Canadians can't shop off the Chanel website, does anyone know if we can buy Particuliere at the counters now? Nora?

Miss QQ

Particuliere is perm at my counters. I think the extrait de gloss are perm too.