General Chanel Chat

purrtykitty

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Hey, totally OT, but does anyone here know anything about Arbonne products? I have a friend who is considering selling them, and wants some advice.

Total shame those polishes are Europe only. May need to arrange a CP if I can get the funds in order.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Hey, totally OT, but does anyone here know anything about Arbonne products? I have a friend who is considering selling them, and wants some advice.

Total shame those polishes are Europe only. May need to arrange a CP if I can get the funds in order.

From what I have learned - its just another MLM
nope.gif

I'm not sure how that green np would look on me
icon_eek.gif

Susanne

I PM'ed Jeanette - she has to know about these new nail polishes!

(And I need a CP as well).

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
My husband left yesterday to go see his Stepdad -- he called and said he passed this morning. I'm so glad he was able to see him before he passed. He had a long battle with cancer, severe diabetes, and kidney failure -- so it was his time to go. Still very sad and we'll miss him. I think we'll be leaving tomorrow or so, so I won't be around much.

Michelle I am so sorry.
th_cheerup.gif

I'll be sending airmail hugs and extra strength your way and thinking of you and your family. Please take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
I don't think these have been posted:
http://www.vogue.ru/upload/iblock/738/khaki.jpg

Seems like they might be Europe exclusive. I REALLY hope not because the Khaki Rose and Khaki Vert look amazing and I really want them.

Whoah...I WANT those! Hopefully we'll all be able to figure out how to get our hands on these (if we want them!).

Camnagem

Can I just take a minute and say that this weekend was BALLS!
angry.gif

Our TV is still broken (repair dude thinks he might have actually made it worse while working on it...awesome!), we had a kitchen plumbing disaster (yay, another random repair dude...this one smelled like tobacco and BO, yum!), and the hubby's Alienware computer totally crashed (we're sharing mine until he decides what he wants for a new one).

What's that thing people say about bad things happening in threes? Blah!
th_wallbash.gif

Ok, rant over...positive stuff! This morning I got both Nail Polish orders (TransDesign and Zoya) and I'm already feeling the Fall vibe! I love every single color ordered, especially Zoya's Kelly which is an awesome smokey purple-blue-grey color. I think I might take a picture to send to my sister in law (nail polish junkie), and maybe I'll post it here to share.

I hope all of you had a great weekend!
friends.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Can I just take a minute and say that this weekend was BALLS!
angry.gif

Well, I will cry & laugh at your post....my weekend sucked too so
friends.gif

I just love your way with words
girlhaha.gif
And, thats one of the reasons I love coming here...sharing the good the bad & unfortunately the ugly
winks.gif

Awesome about the np!

I need that new Chanel - now
tong.gif

Shypo

Meg, you truly crack me up! Thank you for the giggles.....I'm sorry for your technology meltdowns.......you are just a magnet for the smelly dudes, aren't you?
yes.gif
th_LMAO.gif

I hope you get things squared away soon.....and congrats on the great np haul!!!

Elegant -
winkiss.gif
tong.gif

I got my Cargo blush haul today - they're quite pretty!! One of them was pulverized, but I called (Dermstore) and they're sending another right away. I've had a great experience with them!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
you are just a magnet for the smelly dudes, aren't you?
yes.gif
th_LMAO.gif

th_roll1.gif
girlhaha.gif

Hey, I forgot, how was the Chanel coral (name?) blush?

Trista

I cannot wait to check out the new nail lacquers! I've been wearing that Orange Fizz for most of the Summer.

coconut

I am sad to hear that the nail polishes I posted will only be available in Russia! Doesn't Chanel think that those of us in North America might like them too?! Geez!

I am really liking Pink Explosion. More so than I thought I would. It's actually exactly how I was hoping it would be. I've only used Taupe Grise once. I like it, but it is slightly more purple than I was hoping. Might just need to try it a couple more times though. Still wondering if I should get Vert Khaki? I thought the eye shadow singles were LE, but you guys are saying they are perm. If so, I won't worry about getting it just yet. So which items from the collection are supposed to be LE? Are either of the eye liners? I know Paradoxal is (but maybe it won't be based on what happened with Particuliere) and also the blushes I think.

I feel like I am talking about really old news with the fall collection...I can't believe we got it so late! I'm guessing we won't get the new glosses forever either. Anyone in Canada heard anything about a release date??

Also, has anyone in Canada seen Mythic? I looked at the testers the other day and it wasn't there, so I'm wondering if we have it. I didn't actually ask for it though.

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
th_roll1.gif
girlhaha.gif

Hey, I forgot, how was the Chanel coral (name?) blush?

It's called Coral Fire and it's gorgeous - sort of a tangerine-y pinky color, matte.
th_DANCE.gif

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut

Also, has anyone in Canada seen Mythic? I looked at the testers the other day and it wasn't there, so I'm wondering if we have it. I didn't actually ask for it though.

Hi Coconut - oddly enough, I NEVER see Mythic at any counter - I don't know if it's been dc'd or not....
th_dunno.gif
- I managed to get the last one at my Macy's counter a few months back.

Very odd.

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Cannot wait to see all of those Extrait glosses -- so gorgeous!

My husband left yesterday to go see his Stepdad -- he called and said he passed this morning. I'm so glad he was able to see him before he passed. He had a long battle with cancer, severe diabetes, and kidney failure -- so it was his time to go. Still very sad and we'll miss him. I think we'll be leaving tomorrow or so, so I won't be around much.

You ladies take care and I'll catch up later!

So sorry to hear of your loss
th_cheerup.gif
-- sometimes we can only pray that a loved one can finally rest in peace
th_cheerup.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
It's called Coral Fire and it's gorgeous - sort of a tangerine-y pinky color, matte.
th_DANCE.gif

Sends huge (((hugs))) to C!
kissy.gif
friends.gif
th_hug.gif
-- hope all is well with you and your family (including Hercules and Riley!)..

oh my goodness.. another blush
tong.gif
cooldude.gif
mac_blushaddict.gif
sounds luscious and perfect for the blush addicted
girlhaha.gif

Shypo

wavey.gif
Hi ISa!!! BIG HUGS back atcha!!!
th_hug.gif
friends.gif

Way off topic, but I just have to say that I LOVE the Target commercial with the triplets who get out of their car all dressed alike in school uniforms, and then come back out of school each dressed as they would dress without a uniform....the music is 'Free to Be You and Me' but I don't know who is singing it. I think it is just the cutest commercial! And the little girls are just too adorable!
pretty.gif

Bonitinha

Thanks for your kind words, ladies.
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
The funeral for my FIL is not until Friday -- which means I won't be able to fly out to Philadelphia for my friend's surprise party this weekend (her hubby called me back in April to plan it all out and bought my airfare, booked us a hotel to stay at, and planned a surprise party for her). Thankfully her husband was very understanding that I can't make it -- obviously this is more important right now. But, I get to go in September, so it will still be fun. She is the friend that I bought the Chanel makeup for and I am excited to give it to her.
You ladies have a fabulous week!!

User38

off topic too.. for a minute: I just got back from my walk with HisPugness -- Konan is still limping so he does a slow walk.
ssad.gif
But, since it is drizzling, my little one refuses adamantly
nope.gif
to go outside and get his feet wet..
shockt.gif
My late husband used to dress him up with a raincoat and galoshes as well as a rain hat and he misses that
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
... so, I had to dress him and do his booties as well as walk him with an umbrella.. sigh.
ssad.gif

back on topic.. that blush does sound gorgeous and I will have to investigate -- too bad Bourjois doesn't require
th_wink3.gif
graucho.gif
my services
tong.gif