General Chanel Chat

User38

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

friends.gif
th_hug.gif
love.gif
oops.. C! -- your avatar with your boys is gorgeous too!
yes.gif
kisses.gif
your black one (is that Hercules?) looks a lot like my Konan
yes.gif
th_kiss.gif

coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Hi Coconut - oddly enough, I NEVER see Mythic at any counter - I don't know if it's been dc'd or not....
th_dunno.gif
- I managed to get the last one at my Macy's counter a few months back.

Very odd.

Aw, I wonder why they would discontinue it? Has anyone else seen it recently?

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
wavey.gif
Hi ISa!!! BIG HUGS back atcha!!!
th_hug.gif
friends.gif

Way off topic, but I just have to say that I LOVE the Target commercial with the triplets who get out of their car all dressed alike in school uniforms, and then come back out of school each dressed as they would dress without a uniform....the music is 'Free to Be You and Me' but I don't know who is singing it. I think it is just the cutest commercial! And the little girls are just too adorable!
pretty.gif

i love that song. anyway, i love your dogs.... they are so cute
love.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
From what I have learned - its just another MLM
nope.gif

I'm not sure how that green np would look on me
icon_eek.gif

Very cool! Like a true Blush Yoda
cutey.gif
green nails and all
th_wink3.gif
girlhaha.gif

stv578

Michelle, I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your hubby and family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut

I feel like I am talking about really old news with the fall collection...I can't believe we got it so late! I'm guessing we won't get the new glosses forever either. Anyone in Canada heard anything about a release date??

Also, has anyone in Canada seen Mythic? I looked at the testers the other day and it wasn't there, so I'm wondering if we have it. I didn't actually ask for it though.

I do know that the tester was on the display a couple of months ago when I picked it up. I'll see what I find out next time I go by. As for the glosses, I'm pretty sure I spotted them in a drawer last week when I was at the counter, but they weren't out yet. My guess is they'll be out very soon if that is what I actually happended to see.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
What's that thing people say about bad things happening in threes? Blah!
th_wallbash.gif

th_cheerup.gif
I have this personal experience that household appliances like to break down all at once.
th_dunno.gif

I bought Mythic in mid-May and the tester was available, but I'm not sure about if it is there now.

I'm so impatient about the launch of the new extrait de gloss. I guess the later they arrive, the more time I have to save up for them.
yes.gif

stv578

Hillary Swank looks stunning in that shot. Love her nails too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I'm so impatient about the launch of the new extrait de gloss. I guess the later they arrive, the more time I have to save up for them.
yes.gif

Me too! I went by the counter today, (i was supposed to be looking at bedding and towels!) and the SA that knows me well was there. She said she could sell the glosses now, but she didn't have any testers! Welll... I am now the proud owner of Imaginaire! And this was the only one I think I needed to swatch, because it was said to be more sheer than the rest!!! But honestly, it is the only colour at the moment that really interested me, and because I got it to wear over Chintz, um... my other purchase today...
sneaky.gif

Okay, but seriously, I did feel a bit guilty, because I really should not be buying any more make-up with the house coming up soon. So... here is my vow right now that I will be on a no-buy (except for foundation) until the Christmas holidays.

Also found out that there are very few LE items in the fall collection. Rose Temptation is marked as LE, maybe a couple of the glosses and I think that may be it, but since I wasn't paying much attention, please check with your counters if there is something you're interested in. Paradoxal is not LE.

Oh, and of the new glosses, Confidence is supposedly LE as well, but none of the rest.

I also did check to see if Mythic was on the displayer, and it was in fact there. So I don't think it is discontinued. But I did not see Particuliere on the display, so not sure if they just don't have it atm.

I'm excited now to get a cabinet to store my collection in the new house! Something only you ladies on here would understand, lol!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
cutey.gif
green nails and all
th_wink3.gif
girlhaha.gif

ohmygosh...what a visual you put in my head
th_roll1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
My guess is they'll be out very soon if that is what I actually happended to see.

So our dear Nora....did you put an extra room onto the house for all of us to come escape to
th_dunno.gif

tong.gif

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Me too! I went by the counter today, (i was supposed to be looking at bedding and towels!) and the SA that knows me well was there. She said she could sell the glosses now, but she didn't have any testers! Welll... I am now the proud owner of Imaginaire! And this was the only one I think I needed to swatch, because it was said to be more sheer than the rest!!! But honestly, it is the only colour at the moment that really interested me, and because I got it to wear over Chintz, um... my other purchase today...
sneaky.gif

Okay, but seriously, I did feel a bit guilty, because I really should not be buying any more make-up with the house coming up soon. So... here is my vow right now that I will be on a no-buy (except for foundation) until the Christmas holidays.

Also found out that there are very few LE items in the fall collection. Rose Temptation is marked as LE, maybe a couple of the glosses and I think that may be it, but since I wasn't paying much attention, please check with your counters if there is something you're interested in. Paradoxal is not LE.

Oh, and of the new glosses, Confidence is supposedly LE as well, but none of the rest.

I also did check to see if Mythic was on the displayer, and it was in fact there. So I don't think it is discontinued. But I did not see Particuliere on the display, so not sure if they just don't have it atm.

I'm excited now to get a cabinet to store my collection in the new house! Something only you ladies on here would understand, lol!

Thank you very much for the great info. I hope you can post some nice pictures of that amazing cabinet (so I can delight in some jealousy!).

I am bit dissapointed. Today I went out for some make-up shopping starting by Chanel and Lancome (I feel in love with the fall collection too
heart.gif

So when I arrived to the perfumery the counters had no fall collections on them so I decided to ask about them. The lady in there told me that Lancome (as well as Clinique and Estee Lauder) are not bringing any of the new makeup collections. You can imagine how I looked like (I imagine myself like this --->
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
)

It seems that those brands are not getting enough profit so either the products are not reaching Spain or directly they are not being produced, which sincerely, sound very weird to me.

So just after hearing that I panicked and in the middle of the confussion I started mumbling something like ... "will it happen the same to Chanel?" Well, the "good" news it's they don't think neither Chanel nor Dior will do the same since their sales have not been affected so much, but still, the collections have no eta, which is not that "good".

I am thinking to go to a bigger mall cosmetics section and ask there cause maybe, it has not been Lancome's policy but the franchise's one. So it hasnt been a good afternoon at all, cause besides the whole makeup debacle, it was 40ºC outside! I was going to stop by MAC and Bobbi Brown just after, but somehow I was not in the mood for it and came back home empty-handed
weeping.gif

Hypathya

Hi ladies!!
wavey.gif
I missed you all so much!!
kissy.gif

Mom left on sunday morning and I was a bit heartbroken
weeping.gif
It's so difficult to have her gone... On the bright side, dad has a meeting here next week so now I'm looking forward to his visit.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Michelle:
I'm soo deeply sorry for your loss.
th_kiss.gif
th_hug.gif
th_cheerup.gif
I hope you and your family are coping with it. My best for you all.

Nora:
How is it going with your sugar ban??

I'm soo happy your home it's getting final touches, you'll be all settle there in no time!! Gosh I'm excited for you!!
th_DANCE.gif

I'm soo jealous you already have one of the new glosses with you!!!
winkiss.gif
Enjoy it!!

ISa:
I'm sorry to hear you're still dealing with some issues at home and to know that your puppy it's missing your hubby that much.
th_kiss.gif
friends.gif

Cheryl:
I'm so in love with your gorgeous looks!!
love.gif
You have such beautiful eyes!!

How is Herc doing?? I love your new avatar, btw.
heart2.gif

Megan:
I'm sorry to hear you had such a terrible weekend!!
ssad.gif
It sucks when things at home get broken!! It disturbs our security. I hope you get to solve those issues in no time!!
thmbup.gif

Shadowy:
I hope your much better now and that you got to fully enjoy your anniversary!! Celebrate all that you can btw, we're not forever, you know. Everyday it's a quest and a conquer, and sharing that with another soul, it's uber special!! My parents have been married for 34 years now and they still celebrate the day they became sweethearts!!

Quote:
cutey.gif
green nails and all
th_wink3.gif
girlhaha.gif

girlhaha.gif
You're so right!!

I want that np with despair!! (As if my fall/holiday wish list wasn't big enough!!
greengrin.gif
)

Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
Aw, I wonder why they would discontinue it? Has anyone else seen it recently?

Yes, I bought Mythic in Macy´s at El Centro, California 3 months ago, I will ask this weekend if they still have it.
th_wink3.gif

User38

Hermanita U!
friends.gif
th_hug.gif
love.gif
So lovely to see you on -- I hope you had a wonderful time with mom
yes.gif

yes, my little one was really attached to my husband
ssad.gif
-- he loves to sleep on feet and now sleeps on mine when I sit or work (like right now!)... we are getting on.. I think.
shrugs.gif

besitos y abrazos,
friends.gif

ISa

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
So, on the downside...my Chanel dude says he cannot get Pink Cloud
ssad.gif
boo

That sucks, elegant!!
ssad.gif

elegant-one

I want to order something
tong.gif
but some of the RA ls names don't match from one of the links we had
ssad.gif

karin - so much for any restraint
greengrin.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Hermanita U!
friends.gif
th_hug.gif
love.gif
So lovely to see you on -- I hope you had a wonderful time with mom
yes.gif

yes, my little one was really attached to my husband
ssad.gif
-- he loves to sleep on feet and now sleeps on mine when I sit or work (like right now!)... we are getting on.. I think.
shrugs.gif

besitos y abrazos,
friends.gif

ISa

¡Hola preciosa! Te extrañé mucho!!
kissy.gif

Yes, I had a wonderful time with mom!!
th_e2cloud9.gif
Much better than I expected!!

Things have changed and I guess all of you'll need to get used to it. It's soo sweet (but heartbroken too) that your puppies miss your hubby that much... I don't get the people that say animals are "just animals and don't get a clue of anything"
th_dunno.gif

Besotes y abrazotes para tí, corazón!!
love.gif

Latest posts