General Chanel Chat

Almus

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Almus, let me know if you found a good ebay source. I know, I wanted to stop buying Chanel for a while, but what can I say, I am so weak
winks.gif

Hahaha, I am joining you in the "weakness area". I forgive myself by thinking I am going to look gorgeus thanks to my new makeup now that the extreme heat is leaving us and I can go back to wear eyeshadow again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
In other happy news, my orders have shipped already!!
th_DANCE.gif
Bis and Almus, contact me!
th_wink3.gif

Great news about your orders! On my way to pm you
yes.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
There is only one RC l/s right? The promo pic has two and is confusing.
th_dunno.gif
The swatch on the website looks very brown.

Yes, it's confusing but there is really only 1 that I'm aware of and yes, that brown swatch has me a little scared but I figured half of the swatches on their site are brown anyway!
tong.gif

bis

Quote:
I'm not surprised the stuff isn't sold out, yet. Word of the release has just hit the internet. People weren't expecting it until the 7th, so who but us crazies would think to look 4 days early?
lol.gif

In other happy news, my orders have shipped already!!
th_DANCE.gif
Bis and Almus, contact me!
th_wink3.gif

Thanks a lot, I pmed you
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
Hahaha, I am joining you in the "weakness area". I forgive myself by thinking I am going to look gorgeus thanks to my new makeup now that the extreme heat is leaving us and I can go back to wear eyeshadow again!

lol.gif
I should be more strict, but you are right, what can we do against looking gorgeous
winkiss.gif

I wish I had some of your heat! I got wet today, it was nearly raining all day long. A lot.
th_stormy.gif

Bonitinha

I really wish there were better swatches of the Soho collection. I think the quad looks gorg -- but I am curious about the l/s and glossimer. You ladies will have to keep us posted -- I hope everything isn't sold out before I see swatches!

The MAC Tartan Tale pics are on Temptalia -- the packaging is adorable. I am going to be spending way too much money these next few months!!

Susanne

I bought n/p Blue Satin today.....

Do I start getting addicted to Chanel polishes now??

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne

Maybe just a little one.
th_wink3.gif

purrtykitty

Hehe, no judgement here...I have five new Chanel polishes sitting on my bathroom counter, and the two Sohos on their way to me. And I still need to get the three from the RA Extrait release...and then, of course, there's the three from Les Khakis...and a few others I passed over because they appear to be perm (for the time being).
lol.gif

One of these days I'm going to swatch all my Chanel polishes. I have quite a few.

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
lol.gif
I should be more strict, but you are right, what can we do against looking gorgeous
winkiss.gif

I wish I had some of your heat! I got wet today, it was nearly raining all day long. A lot.
th_stormy.gif

We can do nothing againts it!
curtsey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Here are more pics of the np:

Beauty Verdict: Chanel Soho Polishes - Steel and Strong - encore swatch

They are sooo pretty, thank you very much for the link!

Quote:
Hehe, no judgement here...I have five new Chanel polishes sitting on my bathroom counter, and the two Sohos on their way to me. And I still need to get the three from the RA Extrait release...and then, of course, there's the three from Les Khakis...and a few others I passed over because they appear to be perm (for the time being).
lol.gif

One of these days I'm going to swatch all my Chanel polishes. I have quite a few.

My collection is also growing exponentially but I just realised that all of them are fall/winter colours ... I guess next summer I'll have to do something about that!

TealAngel

Quote:

Thank you so much for these swatches! I've been searching mad for more swatches. I am likely skipping Strong...already have a deep plum/black that I use only in the fall. Even if Strong is more brown/red/black, it's still not different enough. Still loving Strong!
heart.gif

...and it's up on Chanel's site!
yahoo.gif
I am SO happy
greengrin.gif
the free ship code is in effect for this. Even if the Khaki np colors come up on site after the free ship code expires, I will only have to pay for shipping once...and shipping will still be cheaper online (atleast for a purchase $50 or less) than if I ordered through a boutique. Boutiques may have one standard shipping rate, but if Im just getting one np, it's kinda rediculous to pay $10 (shipping I payed for Jade and Jade Rose last yr through a boutique) vs. what site charges.

TealAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Here are more pics of the np:

Beauty Verdict: Chanel Soho Polishes - Steel and Strong - encore swatch

Thanks again for this link! I have seen her previous swatches of Strong and Steel and am glad she posted more. The Strong swatch she posted in the above link (the one taken with flash) confirms my dark plum polish I have now (it's from cover girl), is very similar only without the sparkle.

TealAngel

Oh, and to anyone how ordered recently, what freebie samples are they offering with the orders?
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

There are a couple perfume samples, a mousse cleanser, and eye makeup remover to choose from. I was kinda disappointed there was no mascara.

TealAngel

Quote:
There are a couple perfume samples, a mousse cleanser, and eye makeup remover to choose from. I was kinda disappointed there was no mascara.

no lip samples?
ssad.gif

purrtykitty

Nope, no lip samples, either. I'm hoping the samples will change by the time Les Khakis is released.

TealAngel

I have been reading on various blogs/threads that Essie's Sew Psyched np (from their fall collection), could be a possible dupe for Vert Khaki. I took it upon myself to find us Vert Khaki fans some swatches of Sew Psyched so we could form our own opinion on the dupe-able factor.

Here are the various swatches I found of Sew Psyched:

Scrangie: Essie Fall 2010 Collection

Essie’s Fall 2010 Nail Polishes Keep In Step with the Season: Makeup and Beauty Blog: Makeup Reviews, Beauty Tips and Drugstore Beauty Finds

Prim and Polished: A Nail Polish Blog

The Polish-Aholic: Essie Sew Psyched

Here's the link again to a Vert Khaki swatch posted earlier in the thread:
lacquerized. - a blog about nail polish: Chanel Les Khakis Collection Swatches!

From these swatches, I found that Sew Psyched had a more gray cast to it, along with a hint of green. For those of you who love the green in Vert Khaki (points finger to myself), the possible Essie dupe might not satisfty the craving.

Sorry for this post being long!

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne

I love Blue Satin! Great pick!
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Popped in here for a quickie just to tell my Chanel sisters:

I am SO glad that I bought the SOHO items yesterday after seeing the MAC VV collection today
sweatdrop.gif
Some items were pretty others just meh. I'm collecting my thoughts & pics to post there.

Anything SOHO sell out yet?