General Chanel Chat

Hypathya

th_thstars.gif
pompom.gif
th_happy1.gif
200 pages!!!

Had to celebrate
greengrin.gif
... off to read the pages I've missed!! Kisses to you all.
winkiss.gif

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmergrass
IMGP9457.JPG

does this look any good? at first i thought it was ughh!! but as i look at it more I kind of like it...

I like it! It's such a nice green! I see pictures like this and think that I want it after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
th_thstars.gif
pompom.gif
th_happy1.gif
200 pages!!!

Had to celebrate
greengrin.gif
winkiss.gif

party.gif
drinks.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I just came back from my makeover
smiles.gif
the MA did a subtle smokey eyes with Enigma quad on me, he put Plum Attraction on cheeks and did a berry red lips. I loooved the result and also bought:

- Plum attraction blush - this is my first Chanel blush and I have a feeling I might get more!
- Emois RA Extrait de Gloss - LOVE!
- Inimitable mascara in burgundy - awesome on golden brown eyes!

Hope all you guys are having a great weekend!

Gorgeous dear!!
heat.gif
I really loved the pic and what they did on your pretty face!!
kissy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Great haul, Saadeh! I can't wait to check out those RA Extraits for myself.

Ahh, enjoying a little break between the wedding festivities, watching some college football. I did makeup for the bride and three bridesmaids. Used a little Chanel on the bride. The taupe in the Reflects d'Ombre quad.

Glad to know you had a great time and did a splendid job!!
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Good morning ladies! Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I decided last night to do a pedi using Chanel's Kaleidoscope n/p. This is only the second time I've put it on and OMG is it ever metallic! DH called the look "robot toes"! Such a pretty colour though, goes on beautifully and looks really nice with black sandals!

I love Kaleidoscope sooooo much!! I'm wearing it now!!
greengrin.gif

Quote:
IMGP9457.JPG

does this look any good? at first i thought it was ughh!! but as i look at it more I kind of like it...

yes.gif
Love it!!

TheTeenageMuse

Ahh that green looks so lovely on your skin tone! I don't want to grow old and not be 'allowed' to wear the trends. What's the fun in that?

But if I saw my mother wearing the majority of my bright polishes I'd be mortified. Luckily she only steals Essies.

I cannot wait until Nov. for the holiday collection. I'm still sooooo upset we didn't get the RAL or RC. I want to cry.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
th_thstars.gif
pompom.gif
th_happy1.gif
200 pages!!!

Had to celebrate
greengrin.gif
winkiss.gif

dothewave.gif
We hit 100 not long ago and now, 200!
th_partytime.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Agggghhh...I agree! I just called...yep they are having site issues again. Then offer us free shipping...please
angry.gif

Elegant, let us know if they do offer free shipping! I was so fed up with the site, I missed the entire Soho collection. I went out of town and and am just now getting caught up on everything!
I did manage to get the new mascara and am loving it! It almost gave me doll eyes -- it made my top and bottom lashes long and thick!
Hope everyone is doing well!!
winkiss.gif

shimmergrass

thank u guys!! my husband saw this on my nails and actually commented on how good such a yucky color can look... hehe!!! so i guess its a keeper!
smiles.gif

i am talking abt khaki vert that is!
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Elegant, let us know if they do offer free shipping! I was so fed up with the site, I missed the entire Soho collection. I went out of town and and am just now getting caught up on everything!
I did manage to get the new mascara and am loving it! It almost gave me doll eyes -- it made my top and bottom lashes long and thick!
winkiss.gif

Oh I definitely will
smiles.gif
Missed you! That mascara is awesome!!!

Quote:
thank u guys!! my husband saw this on my nails and actually commented on how good such a yucky color can look... hehe!!! so i guess its a keeper!
smiles.gif

i am talking abt khaki vert that is!
smiles.gif

lol.gif
love those hubby comments - they try
greengrin.gif

I think it looks good on you!

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeenageMuse
I cannot wait until Nov. for the holiday collection. I'm still sooooo upset we didn't get the RAL or RC. I want to cry.

Me too. Why does Canada always get the shaft?
th_dunno.gif

Do you know how much the quads are sold for in Canada. I think I heard somewhere $70? What about that Soho blush/highlighter? I always order from NM in the US so I don't know. I just know the RCs are $8 more in Canada which is NUTS.!

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
winkiss.gif

Even though I spend so much $ on Chanel I can't seem to justify $30 on a mascara. It's one thing I keep getting drugstore because you have to pitch them so often. I'm sure, knowing me, one day I'll sucumb to the temptation though. It sounds amazing!

Winthrop44

Bergdorf Goodman has a good deal going on. BGBEAUTY for $25 off $100 and BEAUTYFS for free shipping. They do not have alot of the newest Chanel...no Soho, Khakis or Extrait de glosses, but they do have Rose Confidentiel np and Rose Confidentielle, Excessive and Emotive l/s, and of course the Enigma quad, all of which I have seen people wanting to buy with free shipping. They also seem to have some of the older glossimers that are not around alot of other places anymore.
thmbup.gif

mrslid

I just got the 4 Rouge Coco's I ordered from NM. They are LOVE!!!! Gorgeous all of them!! I've only tried on Bois des Iles so far and it's perfect! Ahhh I love my addiction. It's worth every second of joy I get out of it LOL

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
Even though I spend so much $ on Chanel I can't seem to justify $30 on a mascara. It's one thing I keep getting drugstore because you have to pitch them so often. I'm sure, knowing me, one day I'll sucumb to the temptation though. It sounds amazing!

My lashes have gotten so wimpy, it was time to step up my mascara LOL You can get samples of the mascara, though, if you want to try it out!

MzzRach

Welcome to the new Chanel subforum, lovelies. Please start making product and collection specific threads in this forum so product information is easier to search for and find by our members. I will keep this thread up as a general Chanel chat thread.

LMD84

Quote:
IMGP9457.JPG

i really like this polish on you
smiles.gif
very pretty
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

So, no luck with Nordie's round two. No one was at the counter...again. Oh well, guess I'll just have to stalk the websites, etc.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I got Khaki vert and did not like it on my skintone either and immediately swapped it, much prefer Rose Confidentiel, but maybe it's just because I am O-L-D! And if Rose Confidentiel is the lipstick or the gloss chalk that up to the same reason, I mean the np!
lol.gif

Quoting myself to say that while I still prefer RC to KV on myself, after trying a full mani (then taking it off and trying a full pedi) I ultimately decided that RC is in "grandma territory" on me.
ssad.gif

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
So, no luck with Nordie's round two. No one was at the counter...again. Oh well, guess I'll just have to stalk the websites, etc.

some nordies just got extrait de gloss collection today.
yes.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Quoting myself to say that while I still prefer RC to KV on myself, after trying a full mani (then taking it off and trying a full pedi) I ultimately decided that RC is in "grandma territory" on me.
ssad.gif

That's too bad...do you have Illusion D'Or? I wonder if adding a little sparkle topcoat might punch it up a bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by genduk26
some nordies just got extrait de gloss collection today.
yes.gif

Go figure. Oh well, I'm not too fussed...the Extrait collection is out at my local luxury department store stand-in, Von Maur.

Sidenote, I stopped by the VM in Wichita while I was killing time waiting for hubby to finish up work, and asked if perchance they would be receiving the Soho collection. The SA said that a customer told her the Extrait collection was part of Soho, but they wouldn't be getting the eye shadows. I had to correct her, I couldn't help myself.

Latest posts