General Chanel Chat

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one

My Macys got all the extrait glosses & lippies. And, she told me that they absolutely ARE getting SOHO
greengrin.gif

That's good! I think October is when all the department stores are getting Soho, even overseas. My MA said we are getting it next month!
th_DANCE.gif

Camnagem

Hi Ladies! I hope everyone had a great weekend.
friends.gif

I got my order with the Khaki polishes, Emoi, Excessive and the Taupe Duo yesterday. It was 3-4 days late and delivered by a new UPS dude (side note: he's totally sweet, polite, smells good and is pretty cute...no dump and dance in his future). He said my former delivery man was arrested during his shift last week and whatever was on the truck got put on hold for several days...WTF?!?

Arrested. I'm not surprised though, freaky little man.
shockt.gif
lol.gif

Anyway! Everything came in those little black drawstring pouches (I think 4 total) instead of gift boxes just like the Steel NP so I wonder if this is the new gift packaging from now on? I love the lip stuff and the Taupe Duo is exactly what I wanted for a simple classic eye. It's perfection with what the hubby lovingly refers to as "Slammin Lips". I'm on the fence with the polishes. I really like the color of Khaki Vert especially, but when I swatched all 3 on my nails I'm not sure I love any of them against my skin tone. I'll have to play with them more before I decide on their fate.

Hope you're all doing great and loving your new Chanel goodies.
heart.gif

mrslid

yahoo.gif
YYYEEEESSSSS!!!!
yahoo.gif

I have the Soho Stupendous quad and the Soho Blush/Highlighter being shipped to me today!!!!! I bought them off of a fellow MUAer!!! I'm so happy...yet a tad disturbed since I shouldn't be buying more makeup...but oh well. I need something to make me happy
choochoo.gif

Now I just need to find Stunning Rouge Coco somehow. I can't decide whether I should hunt down Stunt or not since it may turn pretty dark on me?

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
friends.gif

I got my order with the Khaki polishes, Emoi, Excessive and the Taupe Duo yesterday. It was 3-4 days late and delivered by a new UPS dude (side note: he's totally sweet, polite, smells good and is pretty cute...no dump and dance in his future). He said my former delivery man was arrested during his shift last week and whatever was on the truck got put on hold for several days...WTF?!?

shockt.gif
lol.gif

Anyway! Everything came in those little black drawstring pouches (I think 4 total) instead of gift boxes just like the Steel NP so I wonder if this is the new gift packaging from now on? I love the lip stuff and the Taupe Duo is exactly what I wanted for a simple classic eye. It's perfection with what the hubby lovingly refers to as "Slammin Lips". I'm on the fence with the polishes. I really like the color of Khaki Vert especially, but when I swatched all 3 on my nails I'm not sure I love any of them against my skin tone. I'll have to play with them more before I decide on their fate.

Hope you're all doing great and loving your new Chanel goodies.
heart.gif

Wow that is so bizaare about your UPS guy! I wonder what shenanigans he was up too? Glad you got your stuff finally. I HATE waiting! Hopefully you can find a way to make the polish work.

Miss QQ

I want the brush set!

Quote:
friends.gif

I got my order with the Khaki polishes, Emoi, Excessive and the Taupe Duo yesterday.

Enjoy your new Chanel goodies! I want Emoi and the duo too! I like the khaki colours, maybe you will like them after playing around with them more.
winks.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:

I'm on the fence with the polishes. I really like the color of Khaki Vert especially, but when I swatched all 3 on my nails I'm not sure I love any of them against my skin tone. I'll have to play with them more before I decide on their fate.

I am SO happy you are rid of that nutty UPS man!
thmbup.gif

I got Khaki vert and did not like it on my skintone either and immediately swapped it, much prefer Rose Confidentiel, but maybe it's just because I am O-L-D! And if Rose Confidentiel is the lipstick or the gloss chalk that up to the same reason, I mean the np!
lol.gif

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by karester
I just saw that the Holiday sets are up on the main site: What's new - Chanel Makeup

YAY!

oh please please please give us a new shipping code to go along with new merchandise so I can order a khaki or 2!!!

Almus

Quote:

shockt.gif
lol.gif

Oh lol! Well I am just imagining the scene: a good-looking, sweet and nicely smeeling guy at my front door, giving me some Chanel stuff ... where can I find that prince?
tong.gif
I am bad, poor bf is way better than him for sure, hehe.

Enjoy your goodies a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I got Khaki vert and did not like it on my skintone either and immediately swapped it, much prefer Rose Confidentiel, but maybe it's just because I am O-L-D! And if Rose Confidentiel is the lipstick or the gloss chalk that up to the same reason, I mean the np!
lol.gif

I am liking Rose Confidentiel but I am not sure of getting it cause mi wishlist is pretty long atm and I do have several pink n/p (tho none of them as beautiful as Chanel's for sure
sneaky.gif
).

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I am SO happy you are rid of that nutty UPS man!
thmbup.gif

lol.gif

Khaki Vert is pretty, but it's hard to get past the fact that it is GREEN! Even I have to admit, while green is pretty, I actually prefer pink because it's easier to wear...on the fingers at least. But, most purples and vampy colors are still my hands-down favorite for manis, and pretty much anything goes for my toes!

Winthrop44

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Khaki Vert is pretty, but it's hard to get past the fact that it is GREEN! Even I have to admit, while green is pretty, I actually prefer pink because it's easier to wear...on the fingers at least. But, most purples and vampy colors are still my hands-down favorite for manis, and pretty much anything goes for my toes!

I feel the same way about green. I looked at Khaki Vert so many times, because it really is such a pretty green, but I know I can't do it! It looked so nice on you though!

This is why I am really loving Kaleidoscope, it's more of a platinum light olive greeny colour on me, still looks different, but so pretty!

I wouldn't be able to do that grey/blue colour by China Glaze (Sea Spray). It would look really odd next to my skintone! I do however pull off nice deep blues, but tend to prefer deep purples over blues.

Almus

I find myself very weird wearing blues, either light or deep, in both hands and toes. Tbh I have never tried greens and as many of you ... I love vampy colours!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
oh please please please give us a new shipping code to go along with new merchandise so I can order a khaki or 2!!!

Agggghhh...I agree! I just called...yep they are having site issues again. Then offer us free shipping...please
angry.gif

TealAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Agggghhh...I agree! I just called...yep they are having site issues again. Then offer us free shipping...please
angry.gif

I so agree with this! I want Stunt RAL with free shipping!!
smiles.gif

Latest posts