General Chanel Chat

Shadowy Lady

Thanks girls, it was nice to treat myself after these few bad weeks. I also finally found jeans that fit my figure and they're by Jessica Simpson. I always hate shopping for jeans coz my hips are big yet waist is small and nothing fits! Jessica Simpson's are great though. I guess from one curvy woman to another, lol!

Oh and here's a pic of the makeover:
IMG_0410.jpg

Plum Attraction was very softly dusted on my cheeks as it is a bold blush. Enigma quad is on the eyes. On the lips I think Fatale RA gloss but can't remember what lipstick is under it.

TheTeenageMuse

I picked up Khaki Brun and while I love the colour if I want my polish to chip within 24 hours i'll stick with OPI. That being said I was wondering if anyone had comparisons between Khaki Vert and Essie's Sew Psyched? I'm such a hypocrite..hehehe.

Also does anyone have the picture of the camo nail? My friend is going to do it for me Monday and I need a reference.

I'm dying for the holiday collection. When are we expecting it?

Saadeh, that's beautiful. Plum Attraction looks wonderful on you! And shit your lashes are long!

karester

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeenageMuse
I picked up Khaki Brun and while I love the colour if I want my polish to chip within 24 hours i'll stick with OPI. That being said I was wondering if anyone had comparisons between Khaki Vert and Essie's Sew Psyched? I'm such a hypocrite..hehehe.

Also does anyone have the picture of the camo nail? My friend is going to do it for me Monday and I need a reference.

I'm dying for the holiday collection. When are we expecting it?

Saadeh, that's beautiful. Plum Attraction looks wonderful on you! And shit your lashes are long!

The camo nail: Chanel Les Khakis De Chanel Nail Polishes for Fashion’s Night Out | All Lacquered Up

Khaki Vert vs. Sew Psyched: Reporting for Beauty Duty, Ma’am: Les Khaki de Chanel Nail Polishes for Fall 2010: Makeup and Beauty Blog: Makeup Reviews, Beauty Tips and Drugstore Beauty Finds

karester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Thanks girls, it was nice to treat myself after these few bad weeks. I also finally found jeans that fit my figure and they're by Jessica Simpson. I always hate shopping for jeans coz my hips are big yet waist is small and nothing fits! Jessica Simpson's are great though. I guess from one curvy woman to another, lol!

IMG_0410.jpg

Plum Attraction was very softly dusted on my cheeks as it is a bold blush. Enigma quad is on the eyes. On the lips I think Fatale RA gloss but can't remember what lipstick is under it.

Gorgeous, very subtle and love the pop of color with the lips.

mrslid

Quote:

IMG_0410.jpg

Gorgeous!! Great choices! Now I'm wanting PA JC! I got the other two but assumed this would be to dark. Looks like it could be used quite subtlely. shucks!

missanne

Quote:

IMG_0410.jpg

Wow, you look beautiful!! Maybe I'll get a makeover and give enigma another try. Fatale is definitely on my list now
drools.gif
I bet it'll look great over Excessive RA.
I hear you on the jeans issue. I just lost 27lbs. I only went down one jean size but I'm swimming in 'em at the waist. I'm going to try Jessica's jeans when I get down to my goal weight. I love her shoes and bags but never payed attention to the clothes. Thanks so much for mentioning them.

TealAngel

quote]

I find with Chanel polish, it is VERY important to apply a topcoat, even if you don't regularly do so with other brands. If I don't apply a topcoat, I find Chanel will chip in a couple days and won't last a week. I use an OPI topcoat and it really does the job well...and a basecoat is important too. I made Chanel Jade last a week and a half using the topcoat ( I always use a basecoat anyway) after I painted them initially, then applying the topcoat again mid-manicure.

TealAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Temptalia swatches of Soho for anyone who hasn't already seen them:

Chanel Stunt Rouge Allure Laque Review, Photos, Swatches

I saw her swatch of Stunt RA Laque yesterday...and of course...I loved it there too as when I saw a swatch of it on www.thebeautylookbook.com
love.gif

I checked Chanel's site yesterday(Friday, 17th) to see if Stunt was back in stock...and it was, when I checked at the time!! I passed though...that $32 price tag was...er...scary?
shockt.gif
...plus I want free shipping(crosses fingers that they will have that again soon). I thought I would check today since my fingers wanted to
lol.gif
and it's on back order already! I clicked the little "?" by out of stock...the info says they expect to ship orders in two weeks! two weeks! Maybe I'll forget about it by then...if not...hmm...It may just have to be ordered...

Miss QQ

Quote:

Gorgeous, Saadeh! Love the look! Too bad you can't remember the lipstick. I love the lip colours!

I'm the same with you on jeans. Those that fit at my hips will leave a large gaping hole at my waist. If her jeans every come here I'm going to try them.

bis

Cheryl, I love Stunt on you!

Hope you girls are all doing fine. Sounds like you all had a bit of a hassle to get the Soho and the Khaki collection. I hope you all got what you wanted.

Nora, congratulations on your house, I wish you all the best.

I was at the Chanel counter Friday and wanted to get Fatale EdG, but it is too brown/warm for me. They gave me a tester though.
The SA was really nice and told me that I am a winter colour type as was Coco herself
winks.gif

In the end I only picked up Émotive and the purple Inimitable Intense (I liked the black tester a lot). Émotive is gorgeous together with Émoi
love.gif

elegant-one

I wore Confidence extrait gloss over my lips filled in with Shiseido lip pencil in RD-702 - SO soft & Beautiful!

Winthrop - I thought of you - because don't you have that lip pencil?

mrslid

I need the Soho blush/highlighter!! Can someone take a pic of it next to another compact or something to give an idea of the size. The blogs all talk about the generous amount of product and how easy it is to use the shades separately but there are no pics indicating the size? Thanks!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
No...but it sounds like I should!
tong.gif
We probably talked about it but I forgot to get it.

Edit: Just looked at it online - yep, I still need that!

Cafe Makeup review of Soho blush/hiliter:

Chanel Soho Story Star Product – Highlighter and Blush Café Makeup

I remembered to get this one, should arrive tomorrow.
yes.gif

Awesome, you got the SOHO palette. haha, I thought we talked about those lip pencils
smiles.gif

I would love to have a backup of the palette I love it so much. I have used the stone/vanilla color everyday. The darker color really isn't a 'brick' color, unless it is actually turning that color on her skin. Its a very soft mauvey rosey brown color. I used it in the hollows of my cheeks with Pet Me blush yesterday & just loved it.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
I need the Soho blush/highlighter!! Can someone take a pic of it next to another compact or something to give an idea of the size. The blogs all talk about the generous amount of product and how easy it is to use the shades separately but there are no pics indicating the size? Thanks!

Just imagine if you had one of the eye quad compacts & instead it is completely filled with this blush palette product within about 1/2 from all sides. Its a lot of product.

ginlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeenageMuse

quote]

I find with Chanel polish, it is VERY important to apply a topcoat, even if you don't regularly do so with other brands. If I don't apply a topcoat, I find Chanel will chip in a couple days and won't last a week. I use an OPI topcoat and it really does the job well...and a basecoat is important too. I made Chanel Jade last a week and a half using the topcoat ( I always use a basecoat anyway) after I painted them initially, then applying the topcoat again mid-manicure.

I totally agree with you! I think this applies with every nail polish applying a top coat really makes your nail polish last longer. I got Particulaire to last a good 5 days, before it started to chip and it only started to chip at the tip of my nails. I'm a nurse and I was my hands like crazy at work, and my nail particulaire still looks good. Top coat is essential!

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Just imagine if you had one of the eye quad compacts & instead it is completely filled with this blush palette product within about 1/2 from all sides. Its a lot of product.

THANKS!

Shypo

I received my Les Regards de Chanel palette in Les Bruns on Friday - it had been on backorder for awhile, and I really did not expect to receive it.......but lo and behold, there it was! It's a very nice palette of 3 eyecolors, a powder liner (which can also be used as a shadow to deepen the crease) and 2 brow colors (which to me is kinda weird for a palette, but what the heck). It will be a nice travel companion! If I can work up the oomph to do a FOTD in the next few days I'll do one with this and with either Enigma or Stupendous and the SOHO lips.......

Saadeh, lovely look!! It's clear why you like to pop the lips - absolutely gorgeous!!! I hope your outing cheered you up a bit and let you recharge your batteries!!
th_cheerup.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
I received my Les Regards de Chanel palette in Les Bruns on Friday - it had been on backorder for awhile, and I really did not expect to receive it.......but lo and behold, there it was! It's a very nice palette

Really!? I so wanted that palette. hmmm

What do you think of the shadow colors?