General Chanel Chat

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Ok, here are pics as requested, not that thrilled with them but these are about the best my camera can do:

Left to Right: MAC Blow Dry-Made With Love-Chanel Teheran-Mademoiselle-Genial:

Bottom to Top: Chanel RC Cambon-RA Excessive:

Hope these help at least a little! Taking swatch pics really does bring even more appreciation for what Erin and Karla do for all of us.

Thank you so much. They are beautiful and your pics turned out great!

Miss QQ

^^ Thank you! I'm going to get Cambon first and Exces gloss, before deciding if I want Excessive.

Pink Cloud is one of the JC that are more shimmery. But the shimmers are the ultra fine, JC finish. Since you have Pink Explosion, I'll say PE has larger shimmer particles than PC. I will try PC on my cheeks again, examine it more closely and report back.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus

Then I don't need anything else, but I am in love with RAL in Phoenix, RC in Mademoiselle and I am willing to try a glossimer (I own no gloss, not from Chanel not from any other brand). I'd be looking for some natural shade, not so sparkly but noticeable somehow, any suggestions? Maybe Wild Rose?

I agree with mrslid, Pink Teaser sounds like what you are looking for. If you want something a little brighter than PT but still natural, you can try Courtisane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
I definately recommend Pink Teaser glossimer from the Fall collection!!! It is nicely pigmented, very natural looking and has a nice subtle shimmer, not crazy glitter like a lot of the glossimers have.

iagree.gif

Quote:

For reference this is how intense Orchidee looks on me. Not like the swatches I see online at all.

It's gorgeous on you! Is that your son? Very cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Forgive me if someone has already mentioned that Teheran is back on the chanel.com site - I tried to order it but apparently it's backordered until May of next year - though I can't tell if that's the case. It doesn't say 'backorder', it says 'place in bag' but when I look at my bag the backorder message is there......

Does anyone have that color, and if so, what do you think? A must-have?

Saadeh has Teheran and she loves it. You can check out the pics at her blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Got my Emotive & Khaki Rose np

ok, I am a little disappointed that the KR isn't a bit more rose
ssad.gif
It looked like it in every pic.
th_dunno.gif

I love the pretty Raspberry Emotive
smiles.gif

KR is not quite rose. I think Rose Confidentiel might be the shade you are looking for. I like RC more than KR for a rose np.

Quote:
I just ordered Rose Confidentiel today - hope I'm gonna like it!

Tell us when you get it. I'm thinking of picking it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Awesome!
winkiss.gif

I can't wait to get Les Khakis myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
^ Me either!!
choochoo.gif
greengrin.gif

Both of you will love the nail polishes!

elegant-one

Quote:
Yes, I'm loving the lipstick, Confidentielle. When I first got it I didn't think it was too special but it grew on me alot and now it's the lipstick I keep with me in my purse. My "grandma territory" concern, though, was re the related np, Rose confidentiel:

The Beauty Look Book: Chanel Confidence, Confidentielle & Rose Confidentiel

BTW will someone please tell Chanel they need to make these names easier to distinguish - seriously, Confidence, Confidentielle and Rose confidentiel? They are driving me
th_crazy.gif

yeah really, obviously they need a name changer because I can't keep it straight.

So, I also looked at the Rose Conf. np - its so pretty on her nails & the color looks more mauvey rose on than it did in the store where it appeared to be more brownish.

I am also loving the looks of the RC ls & Stunt & Stunning
smiles.gif

Shypo

OK, I'm thinking I need Teheran now.....ugh. Don't need anything else and don't want to pay Chanel's horrid shipping.....what to do, what to do!
th_dunno.gif

ISa, thank you!
th_hug.gif
- I am doing better, and I'm thrilled to hear about your new hair color!!! Did you enjoy Fashion Week? Chanel could definitely benefit from your services - perhaps we should lobby them to come to their senses!!!
smash.gif
bangdesk.gif
whistle.gif
clapping.gif

I love Confidentielle too!
winkiss.gif

Thanks for the swatches Winthrop!!!
th_hug.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
OK, I'm thinking I need Teheran now.....ugh. Don't need anything else and don't want to pay Chanel's horrid shipping.....what to do, what to do!
th_dunno.gif

ISa, thank you!
th_hug.gif
- I am doing better, and I'm thrilled to hear about your new hair color!!! Did you enjoy Fashion Week? Chanel could definitely benefit from your services - perhaps we should lobby them to come to their senses!!!
smash.gif
bangdesk.gif
whistle.gif
clapping.gif

I love Confidentielle too!
winkiss.gif

Thanks for the swatches Winthrop!!!
th_hug.gif

I feel ya! The Soho Stupendous quad is back in stock, but I don't want to pay for all that shipping! And JCrew has a couple of items I want (they put a few select factory items online), but just to ship one little t-shirt was going to be $8.50...that's 1/3 of the price of the shirt!! Sorry, can't do it.

stv578

I just ordered a couple of sweaters from JCrew when they had them discounted a bit and with free shipping. But there are a lot of times that I only want one thing, and their free shipping deals are only over a certain amount.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I just ordered a couple of sweaters from JCrew when they had them discounted a bit and with free shipping. But there are a lot of times that I only want one thing, and their free shipping deals are only over a certain amount.

They're doing free shipping with orders including Crewcuts (the kids line) right now. I thought I'd be sneaky and get a cute headband (I have a tiny head) to get free shipping, but it wasn't working.
th_dunno.gif
I've done that before and not had any problems. Maybe it's just a glitch and will be fixed later.

mrslid

OOOHHH I'm so excited!! I decided to call Holt's in Toronto just to see if they had the eyeshadow quad even thought I'd heard they were gone. Well they have one!! Problem is it's on hold for someone who's supposed to pick it up so I probably won't get it but there's a chance! The have the Soho powder too. I'm feeling pretty hesitant about it though because I always order my Chanel from Neiman Marcus in the US because the Canadian prices are so inflated here. I have no idea what a CDN price for a quad is let alone how much the $65 US highlight powder will be in Canada. I know after duty, taxes, exchange everything I still save almost $6 ordering a Rouge Coco that way. I can't imagine the huge difference on these products! Plus they want $12 shipping or something I think. GRRR I want it so bad but I can't afford to have a $ is no object attitude about it :-(
Apparantly Canada will not ever get Stunning and Stunt. Just the Star glossimer
ssad.gif
so I'm still outta luck on those.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
They're doing free shipping with orders including Crewcuts (the kids line) right now. I thought I'd be sneaky and get a cute headband (I have a tiny head) to get free shipping, but it wasn't working.
th_dunno.gif
I've done that before and not had any problems. Maybe it's just a glitch and will be fixed later.

You know, I always wondered if that ^ would work for the FS
winks.gif

Yep, checked out the factory items too.

color_lover456

just wore courtisane glossimer for the first time today because i accidentally grabbit it instead of pink teaser....man it is bright!!! i had to put sunglasses on when i was still in my apt because it was blinding me....it is the optimal summer color, too bad summer is over

anyway, does anyone else try to save their chanel makeup for when they are looking their best? I just got my khaki verts this week but decided not to wear them because when i was forced to go bowling yesterday i chipped a huge chunk of thumbnail off and now my thumb looks wonky...clearly not worthy of having chanel on it.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by color_lover456
anyway, does anyone else try to save their chanel makeup for when they are looking their best? I just got my khaki verts this week but decided not to wear them because when i was forced to go bowling yesterday i chipped a huge chunk of thumbnail off and now my thumb looks wonky...clearly not worthy of having chanel on it.

wavey.gif
Me!
girlhaha.gif

ack, yeah bowling & nail polish doesn't work sometimes. OR, inevitably every time I just do my nails...hubby wants his back scratched...dude
nonono.gif
not now my nails have a headache
lol.gif

color_lover456

can someone explain to me the appeal of chanel quads? i mean i am all about splurging on chanel but i feel like enigma is the only one i would ever even consider buying....they're all just so poorly pigmented!

color_lover456

Quote:
wavey.gif
Me!
girlhaha.gif

ack, yeah bowling & nail polish doesn't work sometimes. OR, inevitably every time I just do my nails...hubby wants his back scratched...dude
nonono.gif
not now my nails have a headache
lol.gif

HAHAHAH a fellow backscratcher!!! Are there a lot of us out there? my favorite thing to do in the world is to get my back scratched by my boyfriend...honestly i think other people should join in....it is so relaxing and stress-relieving, i just feel like it would make the world a better place if everyone just participates

mrslid

Quote:
can someone explain to me the appeal of chanel quads? i mean i am all about splurging on chanel but i feel like enigma is the only one i would ever even consider buying....they're all just so poorly pigmented!

I LOVE my Chanel quads. All the shades actually work together unlike so many palettes out there. I am very paticular about only likeing highly pigmented shadows (I hate sheer) and I've been very pleased with all the quads I own....with the exception of Enigma. The pigmentation was horrible and it had lots of glitter and fallout. I swapped it away. I own and LOVE Beiges de Chanel, Kaska Beige, Mystic Eyes and Winter Nights. I have all US versions. I have a Euro version of Reflets d'Ombre coming in a swap and I am concerned I won't be happy with the pigmentation. I keep almost wanting to get Enigma again hoping I had a dud because the colours are so unlike anything else I have and I wanted it so badly. I only tested it twice before I decided to swap it for Mystic Eyes so I worry I may have been hasty but my disappointment in it was pretty extreme.
I plan on posting swatches of all my quads whenever I can find some time and sun ;-)

mrslid

Quote:
just wore courtisane glossimer for the first time today because i accidentally grabbit it instead of pink teaser....man it is bright!!! i had to put sunglasses on when i was still in my apt because it was blinding me....it is the optimal summer color, too bad summer is over

Nah I wear my Chanel all the time. If I saved it for special occasions I'd never get to wear it because my life is extraoridarily boring. I have a 1 and 2 year old and work full time. I do nothing fun
ssad.gif
Plus I figure I pratically never finish a product so I may as well get my $'s out of it and use it! Especially products that aren't powder and won't last forever.

Almus

mrslid and Miss QQ, thank you very much for your suggestions! I'll check them out soon, I need some lips stuff urgently!

stv578

Went to buy myself a pair of boots today, and still kicking myself for not asking for a CP of Stunning before it sold out, I went by the Chanel counter and ended up getting Insouciante extrait de gloss (sp?). Very different than the RA lipstick in colour, but strangely flattering. I also fell back in love with Insouciante RA, what a gorgeous nude lippie! I did kill my lemming for Silhouette RA though!

Quote:

Nope, I use my Chanel products all the time. Like Mrslid, I too have a full time job and kids, and I love to wear make-up, so I throw it on just about all the time.

As for the Chanel quads, I too found them not very pigmented for several years, but the last few years they have brought out some amazing and really great quality quads. I have all the Euro versions, and love them, they go on great dry, and can be even more intense applied wet, and they stay put all day.

Quote:
Nah I wear my Chanel all the time. If I saved it for special occasions I'd never get to wear it because my life is extraoridarily boring. I have a 1 and 2 year old and work full time. I do nothing fun
ssad.gif
Plus I figure I pratically never finish a product so I may as well get my $'s out of it and use it! Especially products that aren't powder and won't last forever.

Yes, yes and yes!

purrtykitty

Quote:
You know, I always wondered if that ^ would work for the FS
winks.gif

Yep, checked out the factory items too.

Sooo irritating. There's a sequin t-shirt I realllllly want. Last fall, I ordered it in two colors, and kept one for myself. I gave my sis-in-law the other tee for Christmas last year, and I really wanted to keep it for myself. Grrr, and now it's back and I wannnntttt!!

TealAngel

Quote:

THANK YOU (!!) for the link to the Stunt swatch! I am really loving it more each time I look at it!
love.gif
Does anyone in this thread own it? Do you like it? Does it lean purple...or does it just depend on how much you apply? I need to find more swatches of Stunt on lips, not just arms...incase it comes back in stock and I have one of those "can't live without" thoughts. LOL.

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealAngel
THANK YOU (!!) for the link to the Stunt swatch! I am really loving it more each time I look at it!
love.gif
Does anyone in this thread own it? Do you like it? Does it lean purple...or does it just depend on how much you apply? I need to find more swatches of Stunt on lips, not just arms...incase it comes back in stock and I have one of those "can't live without" thoughts. LOL.

Here you go - it does lean toward purple, but I would consider it a true mauve color. I think it's quite pretty but I would have worn different colors on my face and eyes with it than what is in the pics. Would be beautiful with the Enigma quad, or any cooler-based quad IMHO.

CIMG2873-1.jpg

A bit different lighting -

CIMG2872-1.jpg

Latest posts