General Chanel Chat

purrtykitty

I have Rose Insolent on its way to me. I hope that Nordie's has that collection out, because I'll probably pick up Rouge Fatal and Rose Confidentiel while I'm there.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Rose Insolent I have, and I do love that one! Have fun at Nordies tomorrow.

I wish I was going tomorrow! We're not until Sunday.
ssad.gif
It seems so far away!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Hehe, you most certainly are not!
heart.gif

greengrin.gif
Thats so sweet of you!

Quote:
I just ordered Rose Confidentiel today - hope I'm gonna like it!

I swatched it again & I still want it. Its really pretty. I wasn't sure if it would show up on my lips.

Quote:
I have Rose Insolent on its way to me. I hope that Nordie's has that collection out, because I'll probably pick up Rouge Fatal and Rose Confidentiel while I'm there.

The glosses or Lipsticks? Love Insolence & Fatale extraits
love.gif

genduk26

Quote:

Karin, i called & checked my nordie. she said n/p from extrait de gloss will not launch until the end of September.
th_dunno.gif
i also notice they don't put these collection up online yet. so maybe you wanna call first.

purrtykitty

Eh, I'm good with it, either way. If the cosmetic counters aren't happenin', I'll just saunter over to the shoes. I'll make 'em take my money one way or another.
greengrin.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Nail polishes. Maybe the lipsticks if the hubs gives me spending money. Not holding my breath on that one, though.

well heck yes its the polishes...
tong.gif
& to think I only drank a 1/4 of my glass of wine
greengrin.gif

& yes I love love RI & Riviera big time

elegant-one

Quote:
Eh, I'm good with it, either way. If the cosmetic counters aren't happenin', I'll just saunter over to the shoes. I'll make 'em take my money one way or another.
greengrin.gif

shoes
th_drool.gif
oh & boots

Susanne

Quote:
Les Khakis swatches are up on my blog, ladies. I also posted them in the Chanel swatch thread.
smiles.gif

Awesome!
winkiss.gif

I can't wait to get Les Khakis myself.

Almus

Oh, oh. I had totally forgotten about Rose Confidential yesterday night (maybe it was because I was so tired I just could have opened one eye at the time
tong.gif
) but I guess I am adding that one to my mom's present
yes.gif

There is a huge storm right now and it's raining heavily, which is not usual here at this time of the year (we should be enjoying sunny, hot days still) so I am feeling kinda in "fall mood" ... time for warmer make up and Particuliere!
yahoo.gif

Hope you all have a nice day.

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Thank you (and thanks, Eugenia!) - I'm doing better. The week at work has been busy and I've missed you guys!!
friends.gif
I've been trying to catch up on posts, but still have some to go -

I received my SOHO stuff a couple of days ago, but haven't yet played - I'm hoping to tomorrow.
yes.gif

How exciting! Have fun playing with SOHO. I'm so jealous of all you lucky ladies!!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I swatched it again & I still want it. Its really pretty. I wasn't sure if it would show up on my lips.

Yes, I'm loving the lipstick, Confidentielle. When I first got it I didn't think it was too special but it grew on me alot and now it's the lipstick I keep with me in my purse. My "grandma territory" concern, though, was re the related np, Rose confidentiel:

The Beauty Look Book: Chanel Confidence, Confidentielle & Rose Confidentiel

BTW will someone please tell Chanel they need to make these names easier to distinguish - seriously, Confidence, Confidentielle and Rose confidentiel? They are driving me
th_crazy.gif

Sabrina posted more Soho pics:

The Beauty Look Book: Chanel Soho Story Collection: Stunt, Stunning & Star

The Beauty Look Book: Chanel Soho de Chanel Powder & Stupendous Quad

Shypo

Quote:

BTW will someone please tell Chanel they need to make these names easier to distinguish - seriously, Confidence, Confidentielle and Rose confidentiel? They are driving me
th_crazy.gif

Seriously. Why do they do that? Lack of imagination? It is so irritating. And there are a lot that start with the same letter (C, I, S) - surely there are more letters/words in the French alphabet/language that could be used? Consider the blush names too - many are some sort of take-off on 'Rose'.

They don't have that issue with the quads, and yes, there are fewer quads than lipsticks, but for crying out loud. Mix it up a bit!

Clearly Chanel could benefit from some creative naming services and a new IT organization
winks.gif
. I hate throwing rocks, but I also hate spending what I do for Chanel to get bad (or ineffective) customer service and have hassles when trying to give them my money
winks.gif
rant.gif

Rant over. Time to go enjoy the luxury of the products.......
winkiss.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Seriously. Why do they do that? Lack of imagination? It is so irritating. And there are a lot that start with the same letter (C, I, S) - surely there are more letters/words in the French alphabet/language that could be used? Consider the blush names too - many are some sort of take-off on 'Rose'.

They don't have that issue with the quads, and yes, there are fewer quads than lipsticks, but for crying out loud. Mix it up a bit!

Clearly Chanel could benefit from some creative naming services and a new IT organization
winks.gif
. I hate throwing rocks, but I also hate spending what I do for Chanel to get bad (or ineffective) customer service and have hassles when trying to give them my money
winks.gif
rant.gif

Rant over. Time to go enjoy the luxury of the products.......
winkiss.gif

yep yep.. agree totally.. they could use my creative services
winkiss.gif
curtsey.gif
but they are kind of cheap..lol and want to do it all in house.. anyway, it is lovely to see you posting (admitedly I have not been posting much on the Chanel forum cause I have been pissed at Chanel for my seriously messed up orders and I refuse to take that kind of service
rants.gif
) other than that, sending you a big huggg.. and letting you know that your wise words of warning (about me not dyeing my hair) have come to pass.. I want back to my blonde hair!
cutey.gif
rofl.gif
.. it is now blonde but a soft golden colour which suits me quite well.. my poor scalp tho.. ouch. But all the darkness is gone and I am the old me again
kisses.gif
.. my Jeff would be happy
smiles.gif

I hope you are well and enjoying your goodies.. and again, big hugs
th_hug.gif
love.gif
kisses.gif

Winthrop44

Ok, here are pics as requested, not that thrilled with them but these are about the best my camera can do:

Left to Right: MAC Blow Dry-Made With Love-Chanel Teheran-Mademoiselle-Genial:

1760452.JPG

Bottom to Top: MAC Blow Dry-Made With Love-Chanel Teheran-Mademoiselle-Genial:

1760451.JPG

Bottom to Top: Chanel RC Cambon-RA Excessive:

1760450.JPG

Hope these help at least a little! Taking swatch pics really does bring even more appreciation for what Erin, Karla and Sabrina do for all of us. It's so hard to get truly representative pics!

mrslid

Quote:

GAAAHHHH this is killing me! I love the Soho collection so much. Why does it have to be so unaccessable to me. Even if it comes to Nordstroms their shipping to Canada is ridiculous! I need it to come to Neiman Marcus. Maybe if more comes to Holt's in Toronto I could find a way to get it. I wish they had online shopping :-(