General Chanel Chat

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Here you go - it does lean toward purple, but I would consider it a true mauve color. I think it's quite pretty but I would have worn different colors on my face and eyes with it than what is in the pics. Would be beautiful with the Enigma quad, or any cooler-based quad IMHO.

love.gif
Thats so Beautiful!

ahh, I just love the little flowers pic - so charming & sweet

Hypathya

Hi ladies!!
wavey.gif
Huge kisses to you all!!
kissy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Yes, I'm loving the lipstick, Confidentielle. When I first got it I didn't think it was too special but it grew on me alot and now it's the lipstick I keep with me in my purse. My "grandma territory" concern, though, was re the related np, Rose confidentiel:

The Beauty Look Book: Chanel Confidence, Confidentielle & Rose Confidentiel

BTW will someone please tell Chanel they need to make these names easier to distinguish - seriously, Confidence, Confidentielle and Rose confidentiel? They are driving me
th_crazy.gif

Hun, thanks so much for those links and your yummy pics!!
yummy.gif
Now I want Excessive so badly!!
choochoo.gif

I hear you on the names!!
angry.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
yep yep.. agree totally.. they could use my creative services
winkiss.gif
curtsey.gif
but they are kind of cheap..lol and want to do it all in house.. anyway, it is lovely to see you posting (admitedly I have not been posting much on the Chanel forum cause I have been pissed at Chanel for my seriously messed up orders and I refuse to take that kind of service
rants.gif
) other than that, sending you a big huggg.. and letting you know that your wise words of warning (about me not dyeing my hair) have come to pass.. I want back to my blonde hair!
cutey.gif
rofl.gif
.. it is now blonde but a soft golden colour which suits me quite well.. my poor scalp tho.. ouch. But all the darkness is gone and I am the old me again
kisses.gif
.. my Jeff would be happy
smiles.gif

I hope you are well and enjoying your goodies.. and again, big hugs
th_hug.gif
love.gif
kisses.gif

Yep, Chanel should really use your services!! Then you could deliver all our complaints, wishes, rants and raves to them!!
greengrin.gif
winkiss.gif

Congrats ISa adorada with your new hair color.
yes.gif
th_thstars.gif
I bet you look gorgeous!!
yes.gif

Huge hugs to you!!
love.gif
th_hug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by color_lover456
can someone explain to me the appeal of chanel quads? i mean i am all about splurging on chanel but i feel like enigma is the only one i would ever even consider buying....they're all just so poorly pigmented!

I only have experience with Euro quads and I don't find them poorly pigmented... you can build up color with them, they're all perfectly color coordinated, you can use them wet right from the pan, they have unique shades, they will never break, they're luxurious,... They're pure glorious perfection!!

Hypathya

Quote:
Here you go - it does lean toward purple, but I would consider it a true mauve color. I think it's quite pretty but I would have worn different colors on my face and eyes with it than what is in the pics. Would be beautiful with the Enigma quad, or any cooler-based quad IMHO.

A bit different lighting -

Cheryl, dearest, you're so pretty!!
yes.gif
Love, love, love your pics!!
love.gif

Hope you and your family are fine and things at work have settled down a bit!!
kissy.gif

purrtykitty

Ooh, Rose Insolent arrived today, and it is so pretty! I used it for my pedi polish, and I have Khaki Rose for my mani. We have a wedding tomorrow (I'm doing the makeup!) and I figured I'd better do something a little tame.
smiles.gif

missanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
I LOVE my Chanel quads. All the shades actually work together unlike so many palettes out there. I am very paticular about only likeing highly pigmented shadows (I hate sheer) and I've been very pleased with all the quads I own....with the exception of Enigma. The pigmentation was horrible and it had lots of glitter and fallout. I swapped it away. I own and LOVE Beiges de Chanel, Kaska Beige, Mystic Eyes and Winter Nights. I have all US versions. ;-)

iagree.gif
I thought I was the only one who felt that way about Enigma. I thought the colors were beautiful but for me it was just too much glitter. I wasn't expecting that. Shimmer I can do but glitter
nonono.gif
. I held on to it forever because I wanted to looove it but sadly I only liked it so I let it go. Now Plum Attraction, that's a different story. She's my baby (contemplating a backup).BTW I can't wait to see your swatches of Beiges de Chanel, I want to see how it compares to Kaska (love)

Shadowy Lady

My makeover date is tomorrow
th_DANCE.gif
. This week turned out even worse than last week in terms of things going wrong but it's over. I'm giving myself a pedicure now and am excited for my makeover tomorrow. Still not 100% decided what I want, too many standout items on my wishlist.

Quote:

Does anyone have that color, and if so, what do you think? A must-have?

Hey Cheryl hope you are feeling better
smiles.gif
I'm totally jealous you got the new RA lacque. I can't find it here in Ottawa
ssad.gif

I will not talk you outta Teheran. It's my absolute fave Chanel lipstick. I have a very weak spot for pinky corals and can't stop buying this type of shade. But Teheran just stands out amongst them coz it's more pink than it's coral, lol
greengrin.gif

Oh, yeah and my actual name is Saadeh like the girls said
th_hello2.gif

TealAngel

Quote:

Thank you Cheryl for replying to my request for a swatch! It's a pretty color on you
smiles.gif

On the wish-list it will go...or should I say ever-growing wish list
tong.gif

On a side note(I know this isn't the MAC thread, but I must share, forgive me!): How does one go from not wanting anything from MAC's VV collection coming out, to wanting atleast one thing, just to join in on all the excitment of the collection and to say you bought something from the Disney line?! LOL
lol.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Ooh, Rose Insolent arrived today, and it is so pretty! I used it for my pedi polish, and I have Khaki Rose for my mani. We have a wedding tomorrow (I'm doing the makeup!) and I figured I'd better do something a little tame.
smiles.gif

THat's exciting!!
pompom.gif
You'll make the bride a beautiful one!!
pompom.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
th_DANCE.gif
. This week turned out even worse than last week in terms of things going wrong but it's over. I'm giving myself a pedicure now and am excited for my makeover tomorrow. Still not 100% decided what I want, too many standout items on my wishlist.

Have fun, sweetie!!
th_thstars.gif
IHope you enjoy the experience. I'm wondering what you're going to get.
hmm.gif
greengrin.gif

Miss QQ

I went to the DFS to look at the travel exclusives. I saw the Voyage palette and also three extrait de glosses consisting of Insolence, Emoi and Confidence in a set with a beautiful black makeup bag that has the look of patent leather, with "Chanel Beauty" pink letterings. I already have Insolence and Confidence, otherwise I would buy the set! The price is the same as buying three of the glosses individually, but the bag is free! I love the makeup bag. Voyage looks beautiful too. All the colours are very wearable and feminine. The palette comes with a mini mascara and a velvet pouch, which has pockets and include three small brushes, I think an eye, a lip and a powder brush.

Miss QQ

Stunt looks beautiful on her, very wearable. On the other hand, Sabrina from thebeautylookbook says Stunt is purple and needs some blotting. I hope it looks good on me because I want a new RAL.

Today I wore Pink Cloud and the shimmers are definitely visible in the sun, but it is very subtle and elegant, not tacky at all.

color_lover456

Quote:
th_DANCE.gif

Hey Cheryl hope you are feeling better
smiles.gif
I'm totally jealous you got the new RA lacque. I can't find it here in Ottawa
ssad.gif

I will not talk you outta Teheran. It's my absolute fave Chanel lipstick. I have a very weak spot for pinky corals and can't stop buying this type of shade. But Teheran just stands out amongst them coz it's more pink than it's coral, lol
greengrin.gif

Oh, yeah and my actual name is Saadeh like the girls said
th_hello2.gif

well you just talked me into getting 2 teherans...

oh well. maybe if i were training for the Willpower Olympics I would be less able to be persuaded...but i'm not so there's no reason to be.
tong.gif

Shadowy Lady

I just came back from my makeover
smiles.gif
the MA did a subtle smokey eyes with Enigma quad on me, he put Plum Attraction on cheeks and did a berry red lips. I loooved the result and also bought:

- Plum attraction blush - this is my first Chanel blush and I have a feeling I might get more!
- Emois RA Extrait de Gloss - LOVE!
- Inimitable mascara in burgundy - awesome on golden brown eyes!

Hope all you guys are having a great weekend!

missanne

Quote:
smiles.gif
the MA did a subtle smokey eyes with Enigma quad on me, he put Plum Attraction on cheeks and did a berry red lips. I loooved the result and also bought:

- Plum attraction blush - this is my first Chanel blush and I have a feeling I might get more!

That sounds like a beautiful combo.Will you be posting pics?
yes.gif
I have plum attraction and l
heart.gif
ve it! I wear it almost everyday. It looks completely different on than in the pan.

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
That all sounds beautiful Shadowy Lady. I bet you look gorgeous!

No...but thanks for the lemming
tong.gif
- it looks really nice on Temptalia:

Chanel Les Impressions de Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick Swatches, Reviews, Lip Swatches, Photos

LOL! Oops! I almost picked it up yesterday when I got Insouciante RA gloss. Luckily, they didn't have any and it was just as well. It does appear a bit more mauvey than how I'm seeing on Temptalia's site. I was just wondering if anyone on here had it and if they liked it/reached for it often!

I also want Wild Rose glossimer, but both of these will have to wait.

purrtykitty

Great haul, Saadeh! I can't wait to check out those RA Extraits for myself.

Ahh, enjoying a little break between the wedding festivities, watching some college football. I did makeup for the bride and three bridesmaids. Used a little Chanel on the bride. The taupe in the Reflects d'Ombre quad.

karester

Quote:
smiles.gif

Sounds like a great look. Emoi is on the top of my wish list right now.