General Chanel Chat

karester

Meg and Elegant, I'm keeping both you guys and your hubbys in my prayers. I know medical issues can be quite scary. While I'm not married, I've gone through the same scary thoughts with my dad, thankfully it's been a long time since any issues.

Just a silly question. When you order from chanel.com, how does the box come? I've bought a bunch of things recently online from MAC and Nordies, I'd rather not get the "you're wasting your money" speech if it's obvious where it's from on the box.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by karester
Meg and Elegant, I'm keeping both you guys and your hubbys in my prayers. I know medical issues can be quite scary. While I'm not married, I've gone through the same scary thoughts with my dad, thankfully it's been a long time since any issues.

Just a silly question. When you order from chanel.com, how does the box come? I've bought a bunch of things recently online from MAC and Nordies, I'd rather not get the "you're wasting your money" speech if it's obvious where it's from on the box.

You're so sweet
heart.gif
Thats very thoughtful of you. I hope your dad remains well!

The plain brown box is from a fulfillment house, I don't think it even says chanel on the box - at least I don't think it does - doh! Blanking - I'm pretty sure it doesn't even say chanel on the return label
They are pretty quick.

You're wasting your money...
girlhaha.gif
- there are worse things

karester

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
The plain brown box is from a fulfillment house, I don't think it even says chanel on the box - at least I don't think it does - doh! Blanking - I'm pretty sure it doesn't even say chanel on the return label
They are pretty quick.

You're wasting your money...
girlhaha.gif
- there are worse things

Well that's good to hear.

Yeah, I know, but that's dads for you. He doesn't understand makeup. Although he was the same way when I had a purse habit, personally I prefer makeup.

elegant-one

Quote:
Well that's good to hear.

Yeah, I know, but that's dads for you. He doesn't understand makeup. Although he was the same way when I had a purse habit, personally I prefer makeup.

lol.gif
I love that! But is that past tense
greengrin.gif

I love my makeup addiction
th_dunno.gif
yes.gif

shimmergrass

yayyy!! hubby got me a suprise $25 macys gift cards.. no reason!!!

what should i get??? ofcourse i will add a few bucks here and there to get what i want!! hehe

karester

Quote:
lol.gif
I love that! But is that past tense
greengrin.gif

I love my makeup addiction
th_dunno.gif
yes.gif

Yep, it's been a year since I bought one. I still look, but don't buy.

mrslid

Quote:
Aww, I relate more than I care to even talk about. Last winter we both got the H1N1, dh became terribly sick - we went to the emergency stat care - he had a Blood Pressure reading of 149! Turns out, we found out at that point he had high BP - and of course, they give you the very very scary details of it. I sat there just in shock, numb, I cried there, I cried for days, I still cry - can't sleep, have separation anxiety - BAD. I felt like our lives as we knew it was changed. Fortunately for us, we both work out of our home & are together 24/7 (which we LOVE). We are 2 peas in a pod.

Almost a year later now, he has managed to handle it. But men can be so damn difficult! I have done away with almost all salt & sugar, & try to cook really healthy meals - but he doesn't always cooperate & he hates to go to the doctor
ssad.gif
Plus, I have to make sure that everything is calm which isn't easy for me or on me. His BP is finally stabilized, but he gets shakey, headaches etc. sometimes, & I PANIC. I mentally have a heard time leaving him for any period of time because I worry so much. I know the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach, the worry - I understand every feeling you have right now - this is my very best friend of 31 years. He is only 55.

I try to make him laugh as much as I can, get him out to walk (he hates exercise) watch everything he eats (I nag) & I speak positive things to him all the time. And I pray a lot! Its helped.

Its just one of the reasons that I am so strong on exercise, good eating & doing without salt & sugar for the most part.

Sorry for the length , but I completely empathize with you! Hugs, love & comfort to you my dear
th_hug.gif
& sometimes all of us come here because of relating to each other in a comforting way! There are days that you personally make me laugh - just when I need it most
winks.gif

Elegant that sounds so stressful! I'm glad he's doing better. I wish men weren't so difficult to get to take care of themselves and seek help when they need it. My husband just had his first physical since he was a child and the only thing that got him there was a incident that happened with his eye that they were concerned there were underlying health issues behind. He is fine but Lord knows how long he would have gone without ever seeing a Dr. if something hadn't happened.

Megan it is good that your husband seeked help (I'm sure you were a big factor in that
winks.gif
) and I'm sure he is in the best hands. (edit seeked omg good grammer Christa DOH I mean sought LOL!!)

Karester...this is why I have everything shipped to work
devil.gif
It can be embarrasing sometimes but at least I don't have to see this
nonono.gif

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmergrass

what should i get??? ofcourse i will add a few bucks here and there to get what i want!! hehe

That's so sweet!!! That would just about cover one of the new glossimers
winks.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
Elegant that sounds so stressful! I'm glad he's doing better. I wish men weren't so difficult to get to take care of themselves and seek help when they need it. My husband just had his first physical since he was a child and the only thing that got him there was a incident that happened with his eye that they were concerned there were underlying health issues behind. He is fine but Lord knows how long he would have gone without ever seeing a Dr. if something hadn't happened.

Thanks so much my dear!
th_dunno.gif
they are just like big lovable babies sometimes. I just try to keep positive - it really does work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Yes, Megan and elegant, your hubbies are both lucky to have you taking good care of them!
yes.gif

friends.gif
Thanks
heart.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Thanks so much my dear!
th_dunno.gif
they are just like big lovable babies sometimes. I just try to keep positive - it really does work.

So very true, and more often than not!
lol.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Aww, I relate more than I care to even talk about. Last winter we both got the H1N1, dh became terribly sick - we went to the emergency stat care - he had a Blood Pressure reading of 149! Turns out, we found out at that point he had high BP - and of course, they give you the very very scary details of it.

th_cheerup.gif
Sorry to hear that you and your husband have to go through the health scare. Your love for each other is so touching. Sticking to the same diet with him will make him feel more motivated.
smiles.gif

Megan, makeup might be the least important thing now, but it gives some kind of distraction if you need it.
winks.gif

Shypo

And I just want to add that sometimes these things have a way of bringing us around to what is important in life, and to grab everything you can while you have it. Even if you have another 100 years together, you develop an appreciation for each other that not everyone has. As Eugenia points out, it's not what you're 'handed', but how you respond to life's 'gifts', and I really believe that is true.

You'll probably never stop worrying, but sometimes it can be a relief to put your trust in a higher power (I'm not trying to say you should be spiritual or religious if you are not). Hang in there - I know it seems an eternity until Thursday, but maybe you can find a way to not worry unless you absolutely have to. And as Elegant says, think positive thoughts!

Big hugs, sweetie!!
heart.gif
th_cheerup.gif
th_hug.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmergrass

Yay! Get a new glossimer or lipstick!
smiles.gif
Or a nail polish -- the possibilities are endless
winkiss.gif

Camnagem

Quote:

If I'm remembering right when you order from the website your plain brown box is from "Prestige Worldwide" or something like that. No Chanel hints anywhere, and nothing for anyone to give you crap about.
winks.gif

Also, I hope things with your Dad remain well and thanks so much for the kind thoughts.

I woke up in such a better place today ladies (hugely in part to support from all of you and my family). Cheryl, you're totally right. My husband is truly a gift, and he and I will enjoy every second we have together...no matter how many there are.

Elegant, your hubby is so lucky to have you. I know I've said this before, but how you take care of those you love is just amazing...you have such a wonderful, caring heart. All the best to him, and you!

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I woke up in such a better place today ladies (hugely in part to support from all of you and my family). Cheryl, you're totally right. My husband is truly a gift, and he and I will enjoy every second we have together...no matter how many there are.

Elegant, your hubby is so lucky to have you. I know I've said this before, but how you take care of those you love is just amazing...you have such a wonderful, caring heart. All the best to him, and you!

I'm glad you are feeling in a better place today and you are so right about the wonderful ladies on here. I'm so grateful to have come across this thread and to have "met" you all. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
If I'm remembering right when you order from the website your plain brown box is from "Prestige Worldwide" or something like that. No Chanel hints anywhere, and nothing for anyone to give you crap about.
winks.gif

ok, I just got back form Kinkos & had that printed on a large banner to put on our wall
lol.gif
jk
You're such a sweetheart for saying that
heart.gif
winkiss.gif

Thanks for jogging my memory on the chanel box
girlhaha.gif
yeah, how many boxes & I couldn't remember that

we're here for you if you need ANYTHING!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
And I just want to add that sometimes these things have a way of bringing us around to what is important in life, and to grab everything you can while you have it. Even if you have another 100 years together, you develop an appreciation for each other that not everyone has. As Eugenia points out, it's not what you're 'handed', but how you respond to life's 'gifts', and I really believe that is true.

You'll probably never stop worrying, but sometimes it can be a relief to put your trust in a higher power (I'm not trying to say you should be spiritual or religious if you are not). Hang in there - I know it seems an eternity until Thursday, but maybe you can find a way to not worry unless you absolutely have to. And as Elegant says, think positive thoughts!

Big hugs, sweetie!!
heart.gif
th_cheerup.gif
th_hug.gif

You are so right. If it's not one thing, it's another. Comes with the territory of loving someone more than life.
heart.gif