General Chanel Chat

Shypo

I just got the email about the holiday collection - and noted that Chanel deigned to reduce the free shipping minimum to $100......do ya think they can spare it???
th_rolleye0014.gif
Not that I won't be able to come up with $100 worth of holiday, but yeesh!

elegant-one

^I know right - their generous holiday spirit we're so glad that we totally ticked everyone off with our site/order problems shipping reduction
lol.gif

It doesn't take much to reach $100 - but, I've been doing all my onsies & twosies orders from NM - I love free ship no tax

ginlovesmac

I've really good things about Chanel's Inimitable Intense mascara, so I purchased it last week. Wow! I'm super impressed! It gives me length, volume and it doesn't weigh down my asian lashes, nor did it flake or give me raccoon eyes!!!! I've found my holy grail mascara =D

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginlovesmac
I've really good things about Chanel's Inimitable Intense mascara, so I purchased it last week. Wow! I'm super impressed! It gives me length, volume and it doesn't weigh down my asian lashes, nor did it flake or give me raccoon eyes!!!! I've found my holy grail mascara =D

I liked it, too. I first tried it out when I got a sample and loved it!
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif

mrslid

Awesome! Maybe I should bite the bullet and try it. I've tried so many drugstore ones and they just aren't cutting it. My lashed need a lot of help.

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginlovesmac

If I ever decide to splurge on mascara and get this, it will be because of everything you wrote, but especially the no raccoon eyes bit!!! And if it smudges, I'm holding you accountable!
tong.gif

MzzRach

If I recall, Shontay is also a fan of the Inimitable Mascara. I'm afraid to try it, if it ends up being my holy grail....
lol.gif
I don't want to spend that much on my mascara!

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
If I recall, Shontay is also a fan of the Inimitable Mascara. I'm afraid to try it, if it ends up being my holy grail....
lol.gif

Here is a pic of the Inimitable mascara on my lashes (excuse the eyeshadow fallout). Without mascara -- my lashes look pretty sparse and wimpy. I loved the effect of this mascara (definitely made mine look fuller and longer, but not clumpy or unnatural):
DSCN0608.jpg

EDIT: This is the Inimitable Noir Obscur (not the Inimitable Intense) The Inimitable Noir Obscur is a bit more natural -- while the Inimitable Intense gives a much more dramatic look. I still like both!
I posted this a while ago, but thought I would share in case any of you wanted to see the mascara in action

karester

I'm liking the look of the mascara. It's definitely on my list. Speaking of lists, I'm trying to figure out what to wiggle my list down to as I have a more important purchase I need to make...a TV. The one in my bedroom died on Saturday and I'm going crazy without it. Whatever I get will definitely be an upgrade, the one I was using was 7 years old, it's what I took with me to college.

I'm thinking of just the Pink Pulsion glossimer from the newest collection, everything else I want isn't LE, so I can take my time on those.

bis

I know I am late on this, but

Meg, I am so sorry to hear that. I really hope it all works out. And do not forget, Doctors and not really know for their emotional intelligence
smiles.gif

Elegant_one, I hope your hubby sees that it's all for his best and will listen to you.

Cheryl, get well soon.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Here is a pic of the Inimitable mascara on my lashes (excuse the eyeshadow fallout). Without mascara -- my lashes look pretty sparse and wimpy. I loved the effect of this mascara (definitely made mine look fuller and longer, but not clumpy or unnatural):
DSCN0608.jpg

EDIT: This is the Inimitable Noir Obscur (not the Inimitable Intense) The Inimitable Noir Obscur is a bit more natural -- while the Inimitable Intense gives a much more dramatic look. I still like both!
I posted this a while ago, but thought I would share in case any of you wanted to see the mascara in action

I love the e/s aplication. Wish you did full face FOTD's

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
If I ever decide to splurge on mascara and get this, it will be because of everything you wrote, but especially the no raccoon eyes bit!!! And if it smudges, I'm holding you accountable!
tong.gif

I LOVE the new Imit. Intense mascara too & it absolutely does NOT smudge flake or smear at all. Its not as vavoom as DiorShow which I love, but this mascara is really nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
lol.gif

You should get a sample if you can. I have 4 right now, so thats going to save me some $$$ for a little while.

Quote:
DSCN0608.jpg

That is SO beautiful!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I love the e/s aplication. Wish you did full face FOTD's

yes.gif
totally agree here

Bonitinha

Thanks Shadowy, Elegant, and Bis! I have a hard time getting pics of full face makeup. I need to figure out better angles! Sometimes I cringe at myself in close-ups LOL
I can tell you what colors I used on the eyes: MAC Tilt on the lid with Plumage in the crease and outer V, Soft Brown to blend out crease, Vanilla on browbone, Black liquid liner on upper lashline, black pencil liner on waterline and outer part of lower lashline, Tilt over black liner under lower lashline. I think I put Vanilla pigment in the duct area.
I really like that Chanel Inimitable Noir Obscur mascara because it doesn't clump up on me -- no spider eyes -- woohoo!

mrslid

Well I just placed another order. I'm officially insane. I did manage to take Inimitable mascara out of my cart though even after all of this tempting talk. I don't need to get hooked on a $30 mascara right now since it's more consumable than my other Chanel splurges but I do REALLY need to find a good one so maybe I should have got it UGH!

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
Well I just placed another order. I'm officially insane. I did manage to take Inimitable mascara out of my cart though even after all of this tempting talk. I don't need to get hooked on a $30 mascara right now since it's more consumable than my other Chanel splurges but I do REALLY need to find a good one so maybe I should have got it UGH!

May I ask what did you order?
drools.gif

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
May I ask what did you order?
drools.gif

Well I just received the Holiday quad and Magnolia and Patchouli RCs earlier this week. I just ordered today:
Pleasing and Pink Pulsion glossimers
Tweed Fuchsia and Plum Attraction blushes
Magic Night e/s single

I'm a VERY, VERY bad girl.
nonono.gif
I need to get a hold of myself. I cannot afford this darn Chanel addiction. Does anyone else feel sick later thinking that no one else even notices or cares how nice my eyeshadow, blush, or lipstick looks. If I wore the same thing every damn day no one would probably even notice the difference. I know it make ME happy but maybe I should find something else to make me happy. Like a new house *sigh*. I never go out anywhere and only go to work where I'm barely seen by anyone. Who cares about my damn makeup.
ssad.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
Well I just received the Holiday quad and Magnolia and Patchouli RCs earlier this week. I just ordered today:
Pleasing and Pink Pulsion glossimers
Tweed Fuchsia and Plum Attraction blushes
Magic Night e/s single

I'm a VERY, VERY bad girl.
nonono.gif
I need to get a hold of myself. I cannot afford this darn Chanel addiction. Does anyone else feel sick later thinking that no one else even notices or cares how nice my eyeshadow, blush, or lipstick looks. If I wore the same thing every damn day no one would probably even notice the difference. I know it make ME happy but maybe I should find something else to make me happy. Like a new house *sigh*. I never go out anywhere and only go to work where I'm barely seen by anyone. Who cares about my damn makeup.
ssad.gif

LOL -- the thing that matters is that it makes YOU happy! I think when you look your best, you feel your best.
winkiss.gif
Makeup always gives me a little boost of confidence to go about my day. I know what you mean though, sometimes I think "is anyone even noticing my killer smokey eye or glossimer-ed lips??" But I care about it, so that's all that matters
cutey.gif

I am naughty too. I just ordered: Incousiante, Magnolia, Naive (On backorder), and Paillettes glossimer. Seriously, did I need all of them at the same time? Hubs will just love this!

mrslid

Quote:
LOL -- the thing that matters is that it makes YOU happy! I think when you look your best, you feel your best.
winkiss.gif
Makeup always gives me a little boost of confidence to go about my day. I know what you mean though, sometimes I think "is anyone even noticing my killer smokey eye or glossimer-ed lips??" But I care about it, so that's all that matters
cutey.gif

I am naughty too. I just ordered: Incousiante, Magnolia, Naive (On backorder), and Paillettes glossimer. Seriously, did I need all of them at the same time? Hubs will just love this!

Yes it definately makes me happy. I love looking at how the light is hitting my lipstick or blush on the drive in to work for example LOL How dorky. And the ritual of putting on my makeup in the morning with products I love is the one thing I get to do for me everyday. I love it. Except when my kids decide to get up at 5am and I don't have my initial hour of peace in my morning
angry.gif

Not to mention the excitement of waiting for stuff to arrive! It's always more anticipation because I never have the opportunity to see stuff in person before I buy. Makes for more mistakes I guess but also probably more hidden treasures I may never have tried if I'd seen first
th_dunno.gif

Yes it really does make me happy...but very guilty at the same time.