General Chanel Chat

Miss QQ

There is a new LE cream e/s palette for the Pre-fall 2011 Paris-Byzance. It looks like molten gold! But there are only 1500 pieces! Doubt I will be able to get my hands on it.

http://lachanelphile.com/2010/12/07/chanel-metiers-d’art-pre-fall-2011-paris-byzance-first-look/

bis

^^^ Thanks for the link, I love the makeup in the promo shots. The red lines above the crease is very Cleopatresque and give the whole look a twist.

The palette looks very nice, but probably only until the first use. Wonder where you will be able to buy them or if the are for VIPs only.

Camnagem

Thanks for the link! Those pictures are awesome!

I don't know what the model is wearing on her lips but I need it...right now...in multiples.

elegant-one

Holy Cow! We're talking Fall 2011!!!!!! people. yikes

Can we just have the new Spring Summer please :)

I agree Meg, I too love the lips - nudies
greengrin.gif

switchblade

I love that we get this information early! I sure won't be using that palette, and if I wanted it I'm not even sure if I could get it, so it's a definite skip.

(The model isn't wearing n/p in the promo pics and in the fashion show--that's a good sign for me and my wallet, lol.)

Miss QQ

They are wearing red pedicures from what I could tell from the pics. I love the black / gold sandals! They look like something I can wear everyday everywhere!

euphrosyne_rose

Hey ladies! It's been awhile...
I was wondering something and have been trying to search around to see what I find, but couldn't come up with a definitive answer so here goes. Is there a minimum purchase requirement to have your m/u done at the Chanel counter? I plan on buying a few things of course but I was just curious about it. I only have the one quad right now and am really interested in a few other things, especially trying out some foundation. I have a Chanel counter at my Macy's and I thought it'd be a nice treat to go there tomorrow or sometime this week and let them just have their way with my face.
winks.gif
Any tips or tricks I should know about?? TIA!

MzzRach

Hey ladies! It's been awhile...
I was wondering something and have been trying to search around to see what I find, but couldn't come up with a definitive answer so here goes. Is there a minimum purchase requirement to have your m/u done at the Chanel counter? I plan on buying a few things of course but I was just curious about it. I only have the one quad right now and am really interested in a few other things, especially trying out some foundation. I have a Chanel counter at my Macy's and I thought it'd be a nice treat to go there tomorrow or sometime this week and let them just have their way with my face.
winks.gif
Any tips or tricks I should know about?? TIA!
It depends on where you go - most counters should do complimentary makeup, but I know some stores like Saks may require a minimum purchase of 2 items (the counter at Saks in downtown San Francisco does if you book a full makeover). If you are looking to buy anyway it may be a mute point, but when you book definitely ask.

Bonitinha

Free shipping on all Chanel.com purchases until February, 4th!

Thankfully I haven't had any issues with them lately -- hopefully they are upping their customer service!

Winthrop44

Yep...inquiring minds need to know!

I was told this about Boy being available on the web site via e-mail:

"Please know that ROUGE COCO SHINE- BOY will be available on CHANEL.COM in time for Valentine's Day"

and this by phone:

"Early March"

icon_eek.gif
lol.gif

Anyone want to take bets? My money is on the e-mail response.

RedVelvetX

You should've forwarded that email to the employee
tong.gif

I shouldn't have checked into this thread because I just got three things from chanel.

Bonitinha

Yes, will they just release Boy already! Winthrop -- that is hilarious that you got 2 different answers -- classic!

Winthrop44

The answer to the second half of my e-mail was

"Unfortunately at this time I am unable to provide you with the requested information regarding free shipping."

I still say we'll be able to get it off their web site with free shipping, either before Feb 4 or with a second promo between Feb 4 and VD.

Bonitinha

We should keep the email responses and compile a book LOL They are hilarious!

Who was it again that got the response that Chanel doesn't make gift sets. They only make products of "everlasting luxury"?? (what were those holiday nail and lip kits then?) Too funny!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Free shipping on all Chanel.com purchases until February, 4th!

Thankfully I haven't had any issues with them lately -- hopefully they are upping their customer service!

My only issue with them lately is that they won't ship to Canada
censored.gif

Seriously, it's not like there are a lot of logistical difficulties. Companies a tenth their size manage to ship packages to Canada EVERY SINGLE DAY. The way they treat it, you'd think they were shipping to some banana republic. Anyway, I'm stuck going to whatever counters I can find.

Ultimate irony: I was recommended for a job at Chanel a month ago, but I had to say I wasn't interested because their office is in the freakin' backwoods and it would take me over an hour of commuting to get there...
angry.gif

RedVelvetX

That stinks that they don't ship to Canada, maybe you can try a forwarding system?

I ordered around 6 pm and it's already been shipped. Don't think they ever took that fast shipping
icon_eek.gif

Latest posts