General Chanel Chat

Bonitinha

Jmarie -- wow, that is quite the haul!! Everything looks gorgeous. Still drooling over the first pic
eyelove.gif

redlily

jmarie, what a excellent haul! The powder brush reminds me of the MAC 134 by looking at its shape....is it a very soft brush? it looks divine :)

Miss QQ

Enjoy your haul, jmarie! I have the same question as winthrop, how does Rose Exuberant compare to other pinks, like Rose Insolent which I own. If they are close I can pass.

Miss QQ

Share some fun pics. The love for Chanel written all over the nails.

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2011/10/chanel-inspired-nails.html

XxMoOmOoxX

Hey all,

I heard that Chanel is releasing new brushes with a matte handle in the US, the ones that non-US folks get.

Finally!!!
yahoo.gif
I don't like brushes with shiny handles or brass/colored ferrule. I prefer brushes with a black matte handle and nickel ferrule.

Does anyone know the release date?

The new foundation brush is already available, but what about the eye and blush brushes?

xphoenix06

>jmarie : That is a beautiful blush!!! I wish I was in to Chanel when this was released!

I just recently got in to Chanel, I wish I didn't miss out on all the other great products that were limited edition and discontinued...

Miss QQ

Ladies, since we are coming to the end of the year, shall we share what is/are our favourite chanel makeup/skincare this year? They can be perm or LE. I realise there is a large part of the perm collection that I haven't explore.

I'll start with Bronze Rose, which kicked-off my obsession for bronzers this summer. It is so wearable and it changed my mind on how bronzers can look dirty on me. The skincare that took me by surprised is Le Blanc pre-lotion, lotion and moisturiser. Together they made my skin brighter and clearer.

jmarie

My favorite this year is Blue Rebel nail varnish. It might be my favorite polish of all time, I only wish that I bought a back up.

I need to try the Le Blanc pre-lotion now, Miss QQ.

Bonitinha

Ladies, since we are coming to the end of the year, shall we share what is/are our favourite chanel makeup/skincare this year? They can be perm or LE. I realise there is a large part of the perm collection that I haven't explore.

I'll start with Bronze Rose, which kicked-off my obsession for bronzers this summer. It is so wearable and it changed my mind on how bronzers can look dirty on me. The skincare that took me by surprised is Le Blanc pre-lotion, lotion and moisturiser. Together they made my skin brighter and clearer.

I have to say that Bronze Rose was my favorite purchase from Chanel this year, too! I can't wear many bronzers because they make me look muddy -- but Bronze Rose is perfection!
I will always love my Rose Ecrin blush as a go-to neutral blush.
Sweet Beige glossimer is now one of my favorite nude glosses.
Edit:
QueenofSnark reminded me that the Byzantine quad is my fave quad of the year!

QueenOfSnark

Ladies, since we are coming to the end of the year, shall we share what is/are our favourite chanel makeup/skincare this year? They can be perm or LE.
I just got into Chanel this year with the Byzance collection (oh noes, goes my wallet!) but it's been fun exploring the line and seeing what's ZOMG AWESOME and what's overpriced.

Favorite collection: Byzance, of course! Byzantine-inspired = LOVE.
heart.gif
Rouge Byzantin is one of my favorite reds and I will cry the day I've used up my Topkapi quad, the texture and colors are so rad. I'm glad winter's coming so I can pull out Rouge JC more often and Or has been a staple highlighter for me. Don't regret purchasing the whole thing one bit.

Favorite makeup: My HG-please-Chanel-don't-DC-it-or-I'll cry blush is the Euro version JC Fandango. If you have even a hint of warmth in your skin tone you neeeeeed it.

Favorite skincare: I haven't had a lot of luck with Chanel's skincare, as most of the stuff has made me break out and the fragrance is WAY too strong. My SAs are generous with samples, so I've gotten to try a lot across Chanel's multiple skincare lines, but to my wallet's horror the Sublimage Eye Creme works. My eyes' fine lines and dark circles have seriously diminished since I started using it a month ago. I'll be squeezing every last bit out of my samples since the thought of spending $200 on an eye cream makes me recoil in horror, even if it does work.

What took me by surprise: I would never have given Beige Lame a second glance if I didn't give in to the enabling here, and I'm so glad I did! It's become my favorite everyday eyeshadow. I may very well buy a backup of it since it's LE. I was also pleasantly surprised by the Ultra Correction Lift Express Firming Mask, it's like 8 hours of sleep in a bottle. As someone with frequent insomnia I absolutely love it. Last, though my perfumista heart makes me want to turn my nose up at No.19 Poudre, especially as it's not even close to the original No.19 I love and adore, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'll add it to my Chanel fragrance collection in the spring when it's more appropriate.

Busts (*dons fireproof suit*): Rouge Allure Lacques. Sorry ladies, the formula skipped all over my lips like an earthquake happened mid-swipe. Also Chanel's nps--the colors are nice, but 9 times out of 10 easily duped. I won't be tempted unless the color is truly unique and undupeable.

EDIT: Spelling fail.

Miss QQ

^^ Sounds like you found many star items! I'm going to look at the ultra correction lift express firming mask. 8 hrs of sleep in a bottle is what I need! I have been venturing out of chanel skincare this year, but I realise I want to go back to chanel because the products smell divine. I am sensitive and picky on how my skincare products smell.

jmarie - The pre-lotion is great. I was skeptical and got it because I needed to top up my purchases in order to qualify for the discount. Without the pre-lotion the effect of the le blanc lotion and moisturiser wasn't that visible.

Michelle - Bronze Rose
heart.gif
Can chanel come out with a stunning bronzer next year? I didn't back up BR.

Ikram

Agree with Bronze Rose, my top purchase.

My most faves of 2011 in order
1) Bronze Rose
2) Burbery Peal Grey eyeshadow (and all other Burberry shadows I own)
3) Chanel Rose Ecrin blush
4) Burberry lipsticks and lip mists (blueberry is top fave)
5) Rouge Coco Shines (evasion)
6) Morning Rose nail polish
7) Lilium quad
8) Dior Aurora powder
9) Edward Bess quad in South of France
10) Burberry foundation

Worst Products
not many, but the worts dud is
Lancome Vissionaire serum- after a week of use I feel like my skin is clogged with silicon
Chanel Rouge Coco Plumetis- love the color, but the formula is not of Chanel's standarts IMHO, so drying and feels gritty

Bonitinha

Quote: Originally Posted by Miss QQ

Michelle - Bronze Rose
heart.gif
Can chanel come out with a stunning bronzer next year? I didn't back up BR.

I didn't back it up either
ssad.gif
Yes, hoping for another gorgeous bronzer next year!!

Miss QQ

I shall save my money for next year's bronzers! I can't buy from NM anyway. :) Ikram - thanks for the part on Lancome visionnaire. I was thinking of buying it without tryin gthe sample since I couldn't get hold of it. Now I'll stay away from it! I'm pleased to have Burberry in my country this year. Next year, Nars or Tom Ford or LMdB please!

Latest posts