General Chanel Chat

shontay07108

I went to the Chanel counter today on a mission: to buy a powder. I thought I would get a loose powder, but I went with pressed instead. I got it in shade Muscade. I love it. It went on so silky smooth and didn't change my color at all. I cried at the price, but it's OK. I really want to fallback from the loose powders for awhile. Oh and my favorite Chanel product of the year is Raffinee. Not just because it's my most recent love, but it's just the most awesome. I think I've said all I needed to say on this before. :lol:

QueenOfSnark

I really wanted to love Muscade, but I found Chanel's pressed powder too hard.Even worse, it developed a crust (ick!) from my skin's oil. I always blot before applying powder and clean my brushes daily or every other day, so it's not like my face is grody.
thmbdn.gif
I ended up returning it for the loose powder in Dore. I miss having a compact though, going to need to get one of the mirrors from the holiday sets now.

Shypo

Grody!
lolz.gif
I haven't heard that word in ages! Thanks for the giggle!

I have to agree with all the love for Bronze Rose (I did buy a backup) and my Turbulent JC. Love Topkapi and Lillium, and most recently L'Elegante, La Rafinee and L'Exuberante RAVs.

QueenOfSnark

(Mods, feel free to move this to its own topic.)

Cafe Makeup posted about Chanel's recent Paris-Bombay Metier D’Art Show. The theme was India-meets-Paris, and focused a lot on heavy smoky eyes, subtle lips and gold highlights. Looks like the items used will be this summer's "couture" collection like Byzance was last year. The name of the collection will be Bombay Express with a release date of June 2012.

Bombay Express Collection | June 2012 at Select Chanel counters and Chanel.com

• Poudre Compacte: Route de Indes de Chanel golden highlighter
  • Illusion d'Ombre: Nirvana - matte black
  • Joues Contraste: Brume d'Or
  • Rouge Coco Shine: Empreintea muted pink (release date is May 2012, may be part of the summer collection?)
  • Le Vernis: Diwali light golden shade

The religion nerd in me is amused by a matte black d'Ombre being called Nirvana since Nirvana is the soul's release from the cycle of existence. Now that there's more updated info though my interest is slightly muted. I've not had the best of luck with Chanel's Poudre Compactes, which is a shame since Route de Indes was the item I was most excited for. I'll wait for reviews/swatches on that and Diwali, but will definitely pick up Brume D'Or since I missed it when it first came out here. Nirvana is interesting but I don't wear (black) smoky eyes enough to justify purchasing it.

EDIT: Thanks to LaChanelphile for the name of the Collection and detailed product info.

bis

^^ For me this for once sounds like a collection that I will not be unhappy that I won't get it. Thanks for posting it.

Rinstar

I'm happy to see they are going to include an Illusion d'Ombre every now and then! I really love them. I'll be buying Nirvana.

califabulous

Oh and my favorite Chanel product of the year is Raffinee. Not just because it's my most recent love, but it's just the most awesome. I think I've said all I needed to say on this before.
lol.gif

How does Raffinee compare to MAC ruby woo? I love the way ruby woo looks but I want a Chanel lippie! Muscade? do you use that for coverage for to set make up?

shontay07108

How does Raffinee compare to MAC ruby woo? I love the way ruby woo looks but I want a Chanel lippie! Muscade?  do you use that for coverage for to set make up?  
Ruby Woo and Raffinee are completely different. Raffinee is a rosy pink and much prettier and wearable (for my money). I use Muscade to set.

QueenOfSnark

Alright ladies, you're going to have to help me keep my lemmings at bay because I just found my next pair of glasses:

(click to enlarge)

These are utterly GORGEOUS and pictures don't do it justice. The frames are sturdy and the sides are metal and LEATHER.
thud.gif
They're incredibly cute, retro and large with a slight cat eye. And of course, since I'm blind as a bat, want transitions lenses so I don't need sunglasses, and these are Chanel, these are expensive as all get out. But SO worth it.

bis

^^ Oh wow, I love the frame, especially the cat eye form. Although to be honest, I am not a huge fan of the silver part. If they were all black, I'd take them right away. But when it comes to glasses I am a purist, I even hate those huge logos they put on sunglasses a while ago. Have you already tried them on?

QueenOfSnark

I hate huge logos too Bis, I completely understand. The silver part on these are sophisticated and add an interesting kick to the glasses. These also come in black with a deep wine colored leather side, so I might get those instead.

I've tried them on, and they look AMAZING. Sophisticated, chic, retro. I took some (crappy) phone pics of me wearing these and two other frames, and asking the hubby and several friends they all agreed this was the best for my face and eye shape. I liked the other two pairs I tried though so I might save up to get another pair.

bis

I hate huge logos too Bis, I completely understand. The silver part on these are sophisticated and add an interesting kick to the glasses. These also come in black with a deep wine colored leather side, so I might get those instead. I've tried them on, and they look AMAZING. Sophisticated, chic, retro. I took some (crappy) phone pics of me wearing these and two other frames, and asking the hubby and several friends they all agreed this was the best for my face and eye shape. I liked the other two pairs I tried though so I might save up to get another pair.
black with deep wine sounds great, I like thinks that need a second look. Congrats on finding a perfect pair, with glasses this is always so hard.
Mr Mailman brought me something today! :flower:
I like your postman :) Looks great, have you tried it yet?

Miss QQ

Poupette - It is so pretty to look at! Enjoy! QoS - I second the black with deep wine. Congrats on finding something you love. I'm thinking of getting new pair of glasses too. Unfortunately I can't wear the thick plastic frames as my face and ears are asymmetrical so I need those metal frames that can be bent to fit me.

DILLIGAF

I'm about to purchase my first Chanel makeup product tomorrow. Its the Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Mirifique. I saw this product in Dustyohunter's video on alternatives for MAC's Metal X collection and my jaw dropped! I need this in my life. They didn't have it at my nearest Nordstrom's but I found it at another one and they will hold it until tomorrow. I CANT WAIT!!!! My wallet is begging that this does NOT become a regular thing!
pompom.gif

Latest posts