General Chanel Chat

MissTania

@MissTania I'm seeing 146 Craquant RA on Saks.com now
No harm in trying?
cheerleader.gif

Thanks! I swatched it in store now, it's pretty but I'm not 100% sold yet.

I did pick up Expression nail polish though- such a gorgeous sexy red!

awickedshape

No harm in trying? :cheer: Thanks! I swatched it in store now, it's pretty but I'm not 100% sold yet. I did pick up Expression nail polish though- such a gorgeous sexy red!
Hi! The thing with the cancelled orders is that I have a specific card to use for that and the funds take about two weeks to be released for use again, and I don't like having to transfer extra funds if I want to get something else :-/ Glad you found Expression :)

ashievic

Went to my local Neimans the other day. Picked up three of the click lip glosses. In 18, 19 and 21. They are lovely. Picked up Blue Boy too. Super news, Neimans is having one hour facials with Sublimage products starting next week. Finally a facial with products I really use. Last summer went and got a facial with LePrairie products. Felt like I should use a wiper blade to take of the crap layered on my face. It was pilling, gross, just yuck. I am sure other Neimans and Bergdorf Goodman will more then likely offer these facials too.

IHughes

I wanted to treat myself to a Chanel lipstick/gloss. I'm not sure whether to go for one of the new Rouge Allure Glosses or a cult lipstick. Which would you consider a cult lipstick for me to try or pick up? I've heard a lot about Rouge Coco Shine in Boy but that's about it. Any cult faves? Thanks!

ashievic

I love the new click lip glosses. They have a range from soft nude to incredible vamp but not over the top. You are able to control the depth of the lip color with the darker colors. The only LE is #20, which appears to be brown. But on me it was a lovely color which pulled more muted pink undertones. I first passed on this. Then the next day I wore a blazer and I knew it would be perfect. They also have some blow your socks off pink, and orange. The orange lip gloss from Summer 2014 is still a hidden gem to me. It was a perfect summer color, and it is NOT orange on your lips. It was clear with a just a glisten of hot pink, barely seen. I actually love the lip glosses from that collection. Again #20 is perfect for Fall, at least for me. Color Me Loud has the swatches of all of them. As for Boy, if you want a quick soft nude, you can't go wrong. It also depends where you live. If you live in AZ, Boy will melt if left in your car. That is why I like the glosses better. Not that I spend much time in AZ.

IHughes

Thanks! I have read all the posts about the new glosses, there isn't that much info yet. I think I will pick up one of the glosses, I'm torn between 16 and 18. I tried them all in store yesterday, they're all beautiful colours but the lighter ones don't show much as I've got pretty pigmented lips. I love 13 but it's similar to Dior Fluidstick Rieuse so I won't be picking that one up. Thanks for the help! Other than Boy which are some of the cult classics (just out of curiosity for me to take a peek at)

ashievic

Secret is a big one. I have reached out to my Chanel Queen, and will let you know what she thinks. As for the gloss, I would go for 18. You can control how much depth you want. A mild soft look or have your lips come into the room 10 feet before you do....I also really like the Pirate #19. Again, you can control the intensity. Where as with Armani red cap glosses, your lips do come in a room before you do...but I love the new LE in Spice, Sultan, and Orient. If you want a dramatic look go the Aura or Viva, those are serious Vamp (Aura) and fuchsia (Viva). Depends what look you want. I will get back to you once I get the info on others!!!! Remember #20 is an LE in the click glosses, so it is chop-chop if you want that one. Again, I blew it off. Thought it looked like poop, literally. Put it on, and it was really different.

allthingsglam

Winthrop44

Thanks for the help! Other than Boy which are some of the cult classics (just out of curiosity for me to take a peek at)
Honestly I don't think there are any Chanel cult classic lipsticks anymore like there used to be. Probably the closest these days would be Rouge Coco Shine in Boy, as you already mentioned, or Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle. If you like Rieuse and Affriolant you may like Mademoiselle. If you like reds, maybe Pirate Rouge Allure? Or Seduisante for a pink RA? Secrete RA and Secret RCS (pinks, not sure which ashievic was referring to) are both discontinued per Teger but the RA is still available on Nordstrom, and the RCS is still on chanel.com. I personally am not a big fan of the latest RA formula. I much preferred the previous one. My favorites among the new formula (that I think are not DC'd) are Melodieuse and Envoutante. Several of us here love Magnolia RC (another pink), but that too is being discontinued.

IHughes

Secret is a big one. I have reached out to my Chanel Queen, and will let you know what she thinks. As for the gloss, I would go for 18. You can control how much depth you want. A mild soft look or have your lips come into the room 10 feet before you do....I also really like the Pirate #19. Again, you can control the intensity. Where as with Armani red cap glosses, your lips do come in a room before you do...but I love the new LE in Spice, Sultan, and Orient. If you want a dramatic look go the Aura or Viva, those are serious Vamp (Aura) and fuchsia (Viva). Depends what look you want. I will get back to you once I get the info on others!!!! Remember #20 is an LE in the click glosses, so it is chop-chop if you want that one. Again, I blew it off. Thought it looked like poop, literally. Put it on, and it was really different. 
Thank you for your advice! I picked up 18 as you suggested, as you can say you can control how much you want to wear and I don't have any lipsticks or glosses in that shade. I didn't like the LE gloss, too poopy-looking for my pale skin hehee Thanks too for all the other suggestions, I will take a look at the ones you mention! I've seen Viva and it seems like a super bright and lovely shade. I'll be showing swatches of the gloss I picked up!

Winthrop44

Viva is super pretty and more pigmented than most if you are out for a RCS! Boy does not really show up on my pigmented lips. I ordered Seduction (#18) gloss after seeing Sabrina's swatches and Dominique's raves but still have not received it.....

As far as the RA lipsticks go to me there were much more beautiful shades in the old formula. Not to be a bummer but scroll thru Sabrina's old reviews if you're interested:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/se...00-07:00&max-results=20&start=0&by-date=false

IHughes

Honestly I don't think there are any Chanel cult classic lipsticks anymore like there used to be. Probably the closest these days would be Rouge Coco Shine in Boy, as you already mentioned, or Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle. If you like Rieuse and Affriolant you may like Mademoiselle. If you like reds, maybe Pirate Rouge Allure? Or Seduisante for a pink RA? Secrete RA and Secret RCS (pinks, not sure which ashievic was referring to) are both discontinued per Teger but the RA is still available on Nordstrom, and the RCS is still on chanel.com. I personally am not a big fan of the latest RA formula. I much preferred the previous one. My favorites among the new formula (that I think are not DC'd) are Melodieuse and Envoutante. Several of us here love Magnolia RC (another pink), but that too is being discontinued.
Thank you too for your input! I couldn't multi quote so I wanted to answer you too! I wear lots of different colours (lipstick addict) but corals and warm reds look the best on me. Viva looks lovely! I tried Boy on before buying the gloss and as my lips are pigmented it doesn't show at all, it just gives my lips some shine, which is what you say. Maybe I'll have a look at Mademoiselle, Viva and the rest you mention! Thank you again! I'll try and post some pics of the gloss later on!

Medgal07

Honestly I don't think there are any Chanel cult classic lipsticks anymore like there used to be. Probably the closest these days would be Rouge Coco Shine in Boy, as you already mentioned, or Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle. If you like Rieuse and Affriolant you may like Mademoiselle. If you like reds, maybe Pirate Rouge Allure? Or Seduisante for a pink RA? Secrete RA and Secret RCS (pinks, not sure which ashievic was referring to) are both discontinued per Teger but the RA is still available on Nordstrom, and the RCS is still on chanel.com. I personally am not a big fan of the latest RA formula. I much preferred the previous one. My favorites among the new formula (that I think are not DC'd) are Melodieuse and Envoutante. Several of us here love Magnolia RC (another pink), but that too is being discontinued.
Oh I love Melodieuse! Such a pretty coral-red

Medgal07

Viva is super pretty and more pigmented than most if you are out for a RCS! Boy does not really show up on my pigmented lips. I ordered Seduction (#18) gloss after seeing Sabrina's swatches and Dominique's raves but still have not received it.....

As far as the RA lipsticks go to me there were much more beautiful shades in the old formula. Not to be a bummer but scroll thru Sabrina's old reviews if you're interested:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/se...00-07:00&max-results=20&start=0&by-date=false
Awesome---her swatches are really great.

Quote: Originally Posted by IHughes

Thank you too for your input! I couldn't multi quote so I wanted to answer you too! I wear lots of different colours (lipstick addict) but corals and warm reds look the best on me. Viva looks lovely!
I tried Boy on before buying the gloss and as my lips are pigmented it doesn't show at all, it just gives my lips some shine, which is what you say. Maybe I'll have a look at Mademoiselle, Viva and the rest you mention!
Thank you again!
I'll try and post some pics of the gloss later on!
Have to agree w/Winthrop on Viva. I was so surprised by its pigmentation--more intense than I'm accustomed to seeing in RCSs

Medgal07

I see there is a thread for the glosses, and there seems to be some confusion about whether the nail polishes are part of it.

In any event, I found the source I read earlier!

This blogger has identified the polishes, glosses and lippies as part of the launch.

I couldn't care less about the technicalities, so here it is!

http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/09/chanel-rouge-allure-gloss-one-click.html

_Chanel_Rouge_Allure_Rouge_swatch.jpg
I just need to stop looking at these. I just added #146, Craquante to my cart
thud.gif

ashievic

Remember there are two types in this line. The one with the gold CC are more like a opaque and the ones with the white CC are more transparent. Or is it the other way???

Latest posts