General Chanel Chat

Winthrop44

Remember there are two types in this line. The one with the gold CC are more like a opaque and the ones with the white CC are more transparent. Or is it the other way???
Are you talking about the RCS? I was just looking at mine and they're all the same (white), BUT I have not bought a sheer RCS in a long time, as in before they introduced the more opaque ones like Viva, so maybe that's why? So the sheer ones now have gold CC? That would be nice, but they need to distinguish between them on the web site too.

ashievic

Viva was just released. I remember maybe 2 years ago looking at these at the store. The SA is the one who told me that some have more saturated color and other ones are more translucent. Maybe it was just the testers that had the different color for CC. I went for the translucent ones. Boy falls into this group. Bonhuer or however you spell it, was in the other group. I bought that 18 months or so ago. If you look at the various swatches, you can see the difference, I am sooooo out there. But I did call Chanel asked about this, and they told me, same formula, just different intensity. I called over a year ago. I am BFF with Chanel. I love the full size gifts they send me!!!!

Winthrop44

Yep, Teger posted awhile back that the sheer vs more pigmented RCS actually have slightly different product names - or at least they did at the time Teger posted - but I can't remember the 2 names and can't find the post right now. In any event if they are still called 2 different things they should be distinguished on the web site. It would be helpful to those who don't have accessible counters.

cheburaha

Yep, Teger posted awhile back that the sheer vs more pigmented RCS actually have slightly different product names - or at least they did at the time Teger posted - but I can't remember the 2 names and can't find the post right now. In any event if they are still called 2 different things they should be distinguished on the web site. It would be helpful to those who don't have accessible counters.
yes, they do have slightly different names: the sheer ones are called (surprise!) "Hydrating Sheer Lipshine" and the more pigmented ones are called "Hydrating Colour Lipshine".
I have both varieties released in various years but they all have white CC on top.

laurennnxox

Are any of the new click glosses shimmery/glittery? I'm not a fan of plain, solid colored gloss-- I'd rather go the lipstick/stain route! It's hard to tell from the photos and they don't have them at my local Chanel counter yet.

allthingsglam

I didn't care for the old chanel glosses I got three all as gifts and barely worn them I'm happy they changed the formula the old ones felted like a gel lipgloss I was not a fan I'm thinking about trying these new ones too I looking at number 11and number 12

Winthrop44

Are any of the new click glosses shimmery/glittery? I'm not a fan of plain, solid colored gloss-- I'd rather go the lipstick/stain route! It's hard to tell from the photos and they don't have them at my local Chanel counter yet.
This is what Sabrina from Beauty Look Book said: "There's a slight hint of shimmer in each color I have but it doesn't really show up on the lips."

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]Oh it's a good one AWS.  It would look amazing on you!   I ordered it along w/ Elegante & Craquante.[/COLOR]
Hi, dear [@]Medgal07[/@]! I am a bit hesitant as I have to see if it's anything like NARS Deborah but I also have wanted a shade like that in the RA formula...

NaomiH

I see there is a thread for the glosses, and there seems to be some confusion about whether the nail polishes are part of it.

In any event, I found the source I read earlier!

This blogger has identified the polishes, glosses and lippies as part of the launch.

I couldn't care less about the technicalities, so here it is!

http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/09/chanel-rouge-allure-gloss-one-click.html

_Chanel_Rouge_Allure_Rouge_swatch.jpg
Elegante
eyelove.gif

Medgal07

I am a bit hesitant as I have to see if it's anything like NARS Deborah but I also have wanted a shade like that in the RA formula...
wavey.gif
Hi Honey!!! I see. I wish I could help you out but I don't have Deborah. I just checked Deborah out and she's
VERY nice! You're correct to be cautious because it's so hard to tell if you're looking at true color versus
camera/monitor/lighting, etc.

awickedshape

:wavey: [COLOR=0000FF]Hi Honey!!!  I see.  I wish I could help you out but I don't have Deborah.  I just checked Deborah out and she's[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]     VERY nice!  You're correct to be cautious because it's so hard to tell if you're [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]looking at true color versus[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]     camera/monitor/lighting, etc.[/COLOR]
Aw, that's OK ;-) As I already have Deborah I don't want anything too close but of course one can't help but think, well, it's a different formula, or different undertone, or it's Chanel lol

awickedshape

Elegante and Foudroyante http://instagram.com/p/uMxBs3IcgL/ Foudroyante http://instagram.com/p/utrDFbD2Mv/ http://instagram.com/p/unr4FImDp6/

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF] Indeed---it's Chanel  [/COLOR]:haha:  [COLOR=0000FF] Interesting.  The lipsticks together seem to indicate that Foudroyante has more brown & Elegante has more purple, & Foudroyante looks different on both women.[/COLOR]
Each swatch looks a bit different, oh, boy lol

Latest posts