General Chanel Chat

ashievic

I saw the review on the eyeliners earlier---ouch!
icon_eek.gif
I heard some real enthusiasm for them here, and I don't recall anyone having the issues with them that T did.
To me, this blogger appears not to be a fan of Chanel. I have read her blog, and it is rare she has anything outstanding to say about Chanel products. So I take her opinion and ignore it.

Medgal07

To me, this blogger appears not to be a fan of Chanel. I have read her blog, and it is rare she has anything outstanding to say about Chanel products. So I take her opinion and ignore it.
Exactly! Sometimes you have to wade through the BS and grab what's useful, if anything in the process.

ashievic

For me, I would rather spend on a quality product. Obviously a fade like green lipstick, I would not spend very much if at all. I read the posts from this blog, and it is my impression for the most part they are more the Ultra crowd. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But I do find her bashing of Chanel on a regular basis is a bit much. I remember when she posted about the fall collection 2014, that it sucked, no one was interested in what she wrote, al least that is what she claimed. I also have never had problems with chanel.com service. They are on top of everything. Yet, this blogger seems to have many issues with chanel.com. I love the new pencil liners in the off beat shades. Really, use the Bright Star with the Berry Lucky and the purple you get is really cool. I admit I am a Chanel die hard fan. But for my skin tone, they don't have a foundation. Of course they have hit and misses. So you are once again correct, go back and read past posting and see if there is a bias towards or against a certain brand.

Icecaramellatte

I played around with 2 of the pencils yesterday, Cocorange and Berry Lucky. I didn't have any other eye makeup on but they both showed up well. Cocorange required a few more passes but not much. Berry Lucky looked more vibrant on my eyelid but I attribute that to the bigger contrast Berry Lucky has between its color and my skin color than Cocorange has. I have yet to try the blue one.

sarabeautime

For me, I would rather spend on a quality product. Obviously a fade like green lipstick, I would not spend very much if at all. I read the posts from this blog, and it is my impression for the most part they are more the Ultra crowd. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But I do find her bashing of Chanel on a regular basis is a bit much. I remember when she posted about the fall collection 2014, that it sucked, no one was interested in what she wrote, al least that is what she claimed. I also have never had problems with chanel.com service. They are on top of everything. Yet, this blogger seems to have many issues with chanel.com. I love the new pencil liners in the off beat shades. Really, use the Bright Star with the Berry Lucky and the purple you get is really cool. I admit I am a Chanel die hard fan. But for my skin tone, they don't have a foundation. Of course they have hit and misses. So you are once again correct, go back and read past posting and see if there is a bias towards or against a certain brand.
Here is my five cents about this subject: Chanel is one of the worst companies when it comes to blogger relations. In most countries they don't have any bloggers or just 4-5 of them for over 80 million population (Germany!), they never extend their horizon about the new coming trend and stick to published media.

Does this make their products bad? In no way but you have to understand that when all the companies are appreciating all the hard work we put into blogs and one company says "I don"t care" it is natural not being all that enthusiastic about the product anymore.

Chanel is one of the only companies who refuses to provide even their contact. Like yes, the e-mail of their PR is a secret! I would just like to ask a few questions, all I am doing is put my hours of effort and share my enthusiasm about their products and they don't even provide me with an e-mail to ask a few questions like if and when a palette like Reve D'Orient will be released in Germany. I have reviewed this palette and received many questions from readers which I can't answer because of a lazy PR who doesn't want to do her work.

That said, when I try to be "objective" I think 2014 Collections of Chanel was really underwhelming. Some of the eye shadow singles were so dry, it wouldn't even apply right. Chanel was the first high end brand I ever invested in and will have a special place in my heart regardless of lazy PRs and terrible blogger relations but this year was really a bad Chanel year to me. I also don't understand "die hard" fans. There are so many brands out there and we have to appreciate good and bad products regardless what is written on the package. Big enthusiasm for their new eye shadow palettes though, that one was a really good launch!

awickedshape

Here is my five cents about this subject: Chanel is one of the worst companies when it comes to blogger relations. In most countries they don't have any bloggers or just 4-5 of them for over 80 million population (Germany!), they never extend their horizon about the new coming trend and stick to published media.  Does this make their products bad? In no way but you have to understand that when all the companies are appreciating all the hard work we put into blogs and one company says "I don"t care" it is natural not being all that enthusiastic about the product anymore.  Chanel is one of the only companies who refuses to provide even their contact. Like yes, the e-mail of their PR is a secret! I would just like to ask a few questions, all I am doing is put my hours of effort and share my enthusiasm about their products and they don't even provide me with an e-mail to ask a few questions like if and when a palette like Reve D'Orient will be released in Germany. I have reviewed this palette and received many questions from readers which I can't answer because of a lazy PR who doesn't want to do her work. That said, when I try to be "objective" I think 2014 Collections of Chanel was really underwhelming. Some of the eye shadow singles were so dry, it wouldn't even apply right. Chanel was the first high end brand I ever invested in and will have a special place in my heart regardless of lazy PRs and terrible blogger relations but this year was really a bad Chanel year to me. I also don't understand "die hard" fans. There are so many brands out there and we have to appreciate good and bad products regardless what is written on the package. Big enthusiasm for their new eye shadow palettes though, that one was a really good launch!
Very interesting to read about this from people who have certain experiences from the brand! Food for thought.

urbis

Here is my five cents about this subject: Chanel is one of the worst companies when it comes to blogger relations. In most countries they don't have any bloggers or just 4-5 of them for over 80 million population (Germany!), they never extend their horizon about the new coming trend and stick to published media.  Does this make their products bad? In no way but you have to understand that when all the companies are appreciating all the hard work we put into blogs and one company says "I don"t care" it is natural not being all that enthusiastic about the product anymore.  Chanel is one of the only companies who refuses to provide even their contact. Like yes, the e-mail of their PR is a secret! I would just like to ask a few questions, all I am doing is put my hours of effort and share my enthusiasm about their products and they don't even provide me with an e-mail to ask a few questions like if and when a palette like Reve D'Orient will be released in Germany. I have reviewed this palette and received many questions from readers which I can't answer because of a lazy PR who doesn't want to do her work. That said, when I try to be "objective" I think 2014 Collections of Chanel was really underwhelming. Some of the eye shadow singles were so dry, it wouldn't even apply right. Chanel was the first high end brand I ever invested in and will have a special place in my heart regardless of lazy PRs and terrible blogger relations but this year was really a bad Chanel year to me. I also don't understand "die hard" fans. There are so many brands out there and we have to appreciate good and bad products regardless what is written on the package. Big enthusiasm for their new eye shadow palettes though, that one was a really good launch!
Well, I'm a die hard fan. Of course, I'm aware there's a world full of products out there and in fact my drawers are full of products which I probably will never end. That's why I've made a choice favouring a brand whose looks are in my opinion wearable, classy, chic .. And quite easy to reach since you can find a chanel corner in almost every city. Not even to mention that I'mf fortysomething and have experimented a lot in my life so far. .. But, to be honest, it seems harder and harder to find out something really new if you have to create a collection each month of the year! I agree with your opinion on pr and customer service is undeign of such a brand and hope thing will change in the future.

laurennnxox

I understand where you're coming from, but I do not think her blog is purely for the "ulta" type. She regularly reviews items not found there, ie. TF, BB, guerlain, YSL, etc. Also, I find it a bit unfair to say she is overly biased towards Chanel. She gave all of the new e/s quads glowing reviews, and some even earned the status of recommended-- which not too many get on her blog. I think she is fair, and grades on certain aspects important to her. Everyone needs to take blogger's opinions with a grain of salt, because they're just that-- opinions.

Medgal07

I played around with 2 of the pencils yesterday, Cocorange and Berry Lucky. I didn't have any other eye makeup on but they both showed up well. Cocorange required a few more passes but not much. Berry Lucky looked more vibrant on my eyelid but I attribute that to the bigger contrast Berry Lucky has between its color and my skin color than Cocorange has. I have yet to try the blue one.
I recall that you were interested in the eyeliners. I'm glad you're pleased with the ones that you've tried so far.

Medgal07

Here is my five cents about this subject: Chanel is one of the worst companies when it comes to blogger relations. In most countries they don't have any bloggers or just 4-5 of them for over 80 million population (Germany!), they never extend their horizon about the new coming trend and stick to published media.

Does this make their products bad? In no way but you have to understand that when all the companies are appreciating all the hard work we put into blogs and one company says "I don"t care" it is natural not being all that enthusiastic about the product anymore.

Chanel is one of the only companies who refuses to provide even their contact. Like yes, the e-mail of their PR is a secret! I would just like to ask a few questions, all I am doing is put my hours of effort and share my enthusiasm about their products and they don't even provide me with an e-mail to ask a few questions like if and when a palette like Reve D'Orient will be released in Germany. I have reviewed this palette and received many questions from readers which I can't answer because of a lazy PR who doesn't want to do her work.

That said, when I try to be "objective" I think 2014 Collections of Chanel was really underwhelming. Some of the eye shadow singles were so dry, it wouldn't even apply right. Chanel was the first high end brand I ever invested in and will have a special place in my heart regardless of lazy PRs and terrible blogger relations but this year was really a bad Chanel year to me. I also don't understand "die hard" fans. There are so many brands out there and we have to appreciate good and bad products regardless what is written on the package. Big enthusiasm for their new eye shadow palettes though, that one was a really good launch!
Sara, thank you so much for edifying me and giving me a glimpse into a day in the life of a beauty blogger. I had no idea of the hardships you incur with for example,
companies like Chanel. I know when I want to view swatches, I seek them out and quite often land on your site. Thank you for that too!!!!

sarabeautime

Sara, thank you so much for edifying me and giving me a glimpse into a day in the life of a beauty blogger. I had no idea of the hardships you incur with for example,
companies like Chanel. I know when I want to view swatches, I seek them out and quite often land on your site. Thank you for that too!!!!
That made my day thanks so much
bouquet.gif

I just wanted to give you reasons why Temptalia may not like Chanel all that much. It is a private owned company, very different than those who are incorporated into giants such as Estee Lauder and Loreal. Sometimes it is a good thing but mostly it is rather not that well organized.

Dominique33

Yes, we need her to help us with all these fancy French names. I knew I should of stuck to French after middle school. lol
wavey.gif

Sorry I am late but my brand new car was damaged by a neighbour, it means police station tomorrow and a few inquiries on line ( that guy drinks and smokes marijuana, well
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif
)

Back to French, " foudroyante " would mean violent, lightning and " orgueil " pride. Chanel has great names ! Guerlain too " Madame Rougit "
heart.gif
Madame is blushing, but you have very nice names I was just thinking of OPI nail polishes, so funny names !

Dominique33

That made my day thanks so much
bouquet.gif

I just wanted to give you reasons why Temptalia may not like Chanel all that much. It is a private owned company, very different than those who are incorporated into giants such as Estee Lauder and Loreal. Sometimes it is a good thing but mostly it is rather not that well organized.
Sara, hello. :)
Frédéric Malle perfumes now belong to Estée Lauder, well bad news IMO.
ohboy.gif

Medgal07

wavey.gif

Sorry I am late but my brand new car was damaged by a neighbour, it means police station tomorrow and a few inquiries on line ( that guy drinks and smokes marijuana, well
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif
)

Back to French, " foudroyante " would mean violent, lightning and " orgueil " pride. Chanel has great names ! Guerlain too " Madame Rougit "
heart.gif
Madame is blushing, but you have very nice names I was just thinking of OPI nail polishes, so funny names !
I hope you get the issue with your car resolved quickly Dominique. I'm sorry you had to go through that,
especially with a brand new car, no less.

OMG
icon_eek.gif
! Then I'm loving violent lightening on my lips because I wore it again last for 'date-night' with hubs

It's a wonderfully unique ipstick!
girlhaha.gif

awickedshape

Reminds me a bit (and only in passing) of an article I read a while back about luxury brands and exclusivity http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-we-love-retail-brands-that-hate-us-203347972.html

awickedshape

:wavey: Sorry I am late but my brand new car was damaged by a neighbour, it means police station tomorrow and a few inquiries on line ( that guy drinks and smokes marijuana, well
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif
) Back to French, " foudroyante " would mean violent, lightning and " orgueil " pride. Chanel has great names ! Guerlain too " Madame Rougit ":heart:  Madame is blushing, but you have very nice names I was just thinking of OPI nail polishes, so funny names !
Dominique to the rescue lol we were having pronunciation issues ;-) Sorry to hear about your car, I hope you are ok

Medgal07

I understand where you're coming from, but I do not think her blog is purely for the "ulta" type. She regularly reviews items not found there, ie. TF, BB, guerlain, YSL, etc. Also, I find it a bit unfair to say she is overly biased towards Chanel. She gave all of the new e/s quads glowing reviews, and some even earned the status of recommended-- which not too many get on her blog. I think she is fair, and grades on certain aspects important to her. Everyone needs to take blogger's opinions with a grain of salt, because they're just that-- opinions.
I did see those glowing reviews on the Chanel e/s quads, although I had already purchased 7 of the 9 in which I was interested.
An unfavorable review would not have dissuaded this makeup addict.
girlhaha.gif

Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree.
th_dunno.gif
But like you said, they're only opinions. They're your coins and you get to spend them as you wish.

Dominique33

Sorry to hear about your car, I hope you are ok
Thank you :) I am ok, yes it happened on the parking. Just a jealous young man suffering from addictions. He may be sued in fact, we'll see but I am not willing to accept that
th_stormy.gif

Foudroyante lol
girlhaha.gif
, fou- drew- ayant
Orgueil : or - gu - e - aye
001_unsure.gif

It's not that easy lol but I hope it helps ( a bit ).

Medgal07

Thank you :) I am ok, yes it happened on the parking. Just a jealous young man suffering from addictions. He may be sued in fact, we'll see but I am not willing to accept that
th_stormy.gif

Foudroyante lol
girlhaha.gif
, fou- drew- ayant
Orgueil : or - gu - e - aye
001_unsure.gif

It's not that easy lol but I hope it helps ( a bit ).
Yikes--I'll have to practice pronouncing those---much harder than I thought. Thank you Dominique!!!!
bouquet.gif

Latest posts