General Chanel Chat

Medgal07

I'm close to finishing Rose Insolent nail polish...such a gorgeous shade...but I am unsure if I will repurchase as I have so many more new ones.

I think the last time I finished a Chanel np was years ago in a gorgeous pink called Organdy.

I just bought Desirio which I am loving, I can't wait to see what other gorgeous shades will appear in 2015!
OMG---I've never finished a Chanel NP and really can't recall too many of any brand that I finished.
girlhaha.gif
Product overload I suppose. RI is very pretty!
I also purchased Desirio but haven't yet used it. I'm working my way through my darker shades right now. I have on Chanel Taboo but I'll be changing that
shortly.

Monsy

After Lisa Eldrige named new Lancome's makeup director now chanel has a new face too!
http://pursuitist.com/lucia-pica-named-chanels-global-creative-makeup-and-color-designer/

Yazmin

Also using Guerlain les voilettes pressed powder
Very pretty AWS. Plum attraction looks so pretty on you. I just love Plum Attraction---actually wearing it today. Foudroyante looks more plum and less brown on you
than it does on me. Your skin looks absolutely luminous!!!! How do you like the pressed powder and what shade do you use?
Fourdroyante shows up more plummy on me, too, which is why I'm keeping it.

Medgal07

After Lisa Eldrige named new Lancome's makeup director now chanel has a new face too!
http://pursuitist.com/lucia-pica-named-chanels-global-creative-makeup-and-color-designer/
Interesting!

Quote: Originally Posted by urbis

I was waiting for an anouncement since Lucia is the mua of all last year's ads. But I loved Lisa's tutorials, they were so simple and easy to be executed
iagree.gif
​I love her videos too!

laurennnxox

Hey everyone! :) Does anyone have swatches or opinions about Chanel RA Coromandel? A quick google search is giving me mixed opinions. Sometimes google images is showing ladies with other lipsticks on. It's not helping me.
ohboy.gif

laurennnxox

I have Coromandel (I can't do a swatch right now, sorry) - what would you like to know?
That's okay! I'm looking for a warm, orange-red. I am really fair, do you think it would look nice? I have a lot of cool, blue toned reds and want to try something different! Would you suggest Coromandel or Incandescente? They look pretty close in online swatches, and I can't get to a store for quite some time. :(

MandyVanHook

That's okay! I'm looking for a warm, orange-red. I am really fair, do you think it would look nice? I have a lot of cool, blue toned reds and want to try something different! Would you suggest Coromandel or Incandescente? They look pretty close in online swatches, and I can't get to a store for quite some time. :( 
Both are warm, but Incandescente is more orange than Coromandel. I don't own either, but I would happily wear either against my fair skin. Incandescente has been on my list for a while, but now that you mentioned Coromandel, it looks beautiful! If you aren't afraid of orange tones, though, Incandescente might feel more different from the shades you already have.

laurennnxox

Both are warm, but Incandescente is more orange than Coromandel. I don't own either, but I would happily wear either against my fair skin. Incandescente has been on my list for a while, but now that you mentioned Coromandel, it looks beautiful! If you aren't afraid of orange tones, though, Incandescente might feel more different from the shades you already have.
Thank you so much! My local counter doesn't have Incandescente. At least, it doesn't show it online for Dillards. I only really see it on Macy's. I think their return policy on cosmetics is decent... so I could always give it a shot! I do agree that it would likely be the most different from my stash. I just wish I could try it on first! I'm worried about it possibly making my teeth look yellow-ish. A reason why I tend to lean towards blue-based reds.

RockDiva

That's okay! I'm looking for a warm, orange-red. I am really fair, do you think it would look nice? I have a lot of cool, blue toned reds and want to try something different! Would you suggest Coromandel or Incandescente? They look pretty close in online swatches, and I can't get to a store for quite some time. :(

I have both. The swatches I see online show them both to look closely similar, but in reality Incandescente has more of a distinct orange tone. Coromandel is darker and IMO quite an interchangeable lipstick. Between the two, for fair skin, I would suggest Incandescente, because it is brighter and prettier.

laurennnxox

I have both. The swatches I see online show them both to look closely similar, but in reality Incandescente has more of a distinct orange tone. Coromandel is darker and IMO quite an interchangeable lipstick. Between the two, for fair skin, I would suggest Incandescente, because it is brighter and prettier.
Thanks!! I am going to pull the trigger and order Incandescente this weekend after pay day. I don't want to pay $10 for shipping from Macy's for one lipstick, and perhaps I'll look into another makeup item to reach the free shipping minimum.

Medgal07

Thanks!! I am going to pull the trigger and order Incandescente this weekend after pay day. I don't want to pay $10 for shipping from Macy's for one lipstick, and perhaps I'll look into another makeup item to reach the free shipping minimum.
Nordstrom has Coromandel online and shipping is free--no minimum requirement.

laurennnxox

Nordstrom has Coromandel online and shipping is free--no minimum requirement.
Thank you!! I believe Saks also has Incandescente with free shipping too! It's just a matter of waiting until this weekend before I order it. :) I'm already in a little dispute with USPS for potentially misplacing my package of goods that I bought from someone off the CB.

Latest posts