General Chanel Chat

Medgal07

Howdy Sis! I tried logging on last Saturday just to wish you a Happy Birthday but logging on turned into a real ordeal, so I abandoned my efforts. Anyway, I hope 'YOUR DAY' was just great.
Good to hear you like the Rosy Gold highlighter because that's the one that I ordered. So what's new and interesting around here??? I've missed the
camaraderie :dogdance:

That is really awesome!!! Usually rose gold highlighters do nothing on my skin, but yep, this one is lovely. Happy it worked for you.

Medgal07

Hi Honey!!! How are you? I've missed you all. We're under construction and things are as hectic as can be...I need a little distraction and makeup talk!!!

elegant-one

Howdy Sis! I tried logging on last Saturday just to wish you a Happy Birthday but logging on turned into a real ordeal, so I abandoned my efforts. Anyway, I hope 'YOUR DAY' was just great.
Good to hear you like the Rosy Gold highlighter because that's the one that I ordered. So what's new and interesting around here??? I've missed the

I just posted to you in the Sephora thread. I am BEYOND happy to see you my dear :heart: We've all missed you SO much!!!! Thank you for thinking of me :heart: you are always the sweetest! Yes, you needed that rose highlighter :) :yay::yay::yay:

I'm doing well & crazy as always lol. You know, I'm a Grandma to baby girl Ruby now :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: She's a little over 18 months now & is so funny & adorable.
I hope & hubby are doing well :heart:

Last edited:

elegant-one

Hi Honey!!! How are you? I've missed you all. We're under construction and things are as hectic as can be...I need a little distraction and makeup talk!!!

You're still under construction. Oh boy, that must be one big ass makeup room.....or shoe closet :rofl:

Medgal07

Squeals! Grandma? Congrats! :best_wishes: You certainly don't look like one!!! How exciting!!! Do you have Ruby in lipstick yet??? You and Hubs must be absolutely over the moon!!!

I just posted to you in the Sephora thread. I am BEYOND happy to see you my dear :heart: We've all missed you SO much!!!! Thank you for thinking of me :heart: you are always the sweetest! Yes, you needed that rose highlighter :) :yay::yay::yay:

I'm doing well & crazy as always lol. You know, I'm a Grandma to baby girl Ruby now :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: She's a little over 18 months now & is so funny & adorable.

Medgal07

:roflmao::rofl:​Oh our little project turned into a MAJOR undertaking. We decided to put an addition on and renovate the current structure down to the studs. Most normal people our age are downsizing....I have so much makeup that we have no choice but to expand! I like to call it 'right-sizing.' We're also making changes that will hopefully allow us to age in place. My beauty room, which we call the 'Finishing Room' is insane. I'll keep makeup, jewelry & accessories in it...the things that I use last or finish up with after I get dressed. Our designer has done an amazing job customizing this room. It's been fun in part, but I need a break from appliances, finishes, flooring etc. I'm majorly bummed because there will be no Christmas tree or inside decorations this holiday season, and we'll be moving out completely for a few months. I was supposed to be on a no buy, but.....oops....I can't help myself!!! I try to be discrete in my purchases and time both purchases and deliveries for when hubs is out of town...LOL...some things never change. It's just frustrating buying makeup and then having to pack it all away!!

Abby, my fur baby was critically ill and hospitalized a few weeks ago. She had fluid in her lungs & abdomen, hypoglycemia and seizures. She was in ICU and had a central line catheter for fluids and meds. It was awful. I was beside myself. She's okay now but will need to be on a strict low-fat diet, for life. I feel bad when she looks at us w/that sweet little face just longing for table scraps and we refuse give them to her. It's been a real adjustment. Wait til she sees we're relocating her bed & toys! She just might run away from home!
You're still under construction. Oh boy, that must be one big ass makeup room.....or shoe closet :rofl:

Alysse011

Hello Meddy! Welcome back! I’m sorry to hear about your pup, but glad she is ok now. And how exciting about your renovations! My parents were planning to renovate parts of their house and then were flooded by Hurricane Harvey, so that forced them to renovate everything. They also are living in a bit of chaos right now and unfortunately cannot decorate this holiday season either. Just think how lovely it will be when you are done!

Anneri

Meddy is back and all is well again!!!!

Happy to see you back, my dear! I'm in lurk mode generally these days. Also, being in China seriously curbs my makeup spending - or not, depending how you see it, because everytime I'm home, I go wild! Also, K-Beauty is seriously tempting whenever we travel to Seoul, Singapore or Hongkong!
I'll go back to Europe in December and living out of my bags and mainly in hotels, so no decorations for me either!

awickedshape

Oh, did I miss [MENTION=21522]elegant-one[/MENTION]'s birthday ?
:eek:

:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Medgal07

:flowers:Hello Alysse, and thank you for the warm welcome. I'm glad your parents are ok and that they'll be able to renovate. I hope they didn't lose their keepsakes and cherished items. Renovating is both exciting and nerve racking. On the upside, you get to make things exactly as you want them to be. Best wishes to them for a speedy and successful renovation!!! You're correct about next year. My husband echoes that same sentiment. We're packing and purging at this point. Once the addition is framed, etc., the builders will break through to the current structure, and we'll vacate the premises. Specktra will be my safe haven....familiar & fun.

Hello Meddy! Welcome back! I’m sorry to hear about your pup, but glad she is ok now. And how exciting about your renovations! My parents were planning to renovate parts of their house and then were flooded by Hurricane Harvey, so that forced them to renovate everything. They also are living in a bit of chaos right now and unfortunately cannot decorate this holiday season either. Just think how lovely it will be when you are done!

Medgal07

:kisskiss: I've missed you sweet woman!!!!! And may I just say WOW to you living in China! How exciting!! Will you be in Europe permanently in December or continue going back & forth? I'm trying to calm my desire to decorate by watching holiday movies and living vicariously through others!!!

Meddy is back and all is well again!!!!

Happy to see you back, my dear! I'm in lurk mode generally these days. Also, being in China seriously curbs my makeup spending - or not, depending how you see it, because everytime I'm home, I go wild! Also, K-Beauty is seriously tempting whenever we travel to Seoul, Singapore or Hongkong!
I'll go back to Europe in December and living out of my bags and mainly in hotels, so no decorations for me either!

Shars

Meddy!!! I'm so happy you're here. We were just moaning the other day about how a lot of our favourite ladies are missing! So sorry to hear your Abby hasn't been well but glad that's she's better now, despite the diet and sad eyes lol. We've been holding down the fort spending like crazy haha. I was on a low buy earlier this year and then went crazy this last half. I've been better though and not impulse buying as much because I have NO MORE SPACE lol. Your end result of renovations sounds like it'll be awesome! Hope they finish on target so you can get back to regular scheduled programming!

Latest posts