General Chanel Chat

elegant-one

People in my family would be laughing their heads off to hear that you said information I provided was "detailed."

Meanwhile, I've been on the fence with the Tweed. And began going through my JCs and other blushes looking for dupes and found a few items in the related color family.
And of course the main dupe-- is Rouge Profonde, the brick red from the C + E collection. And instead of Tweed being in the same color family as one of my need-to-wear-it more blushes, it is close to one of my wearing it constantly blushes. It's kind of like a spring version of a brick red color. Which makes it a keeper.

View attachment 63011

What! lol, well it was to me :) Those 3 look so lovely together! I love the trio palette even more after seeing it there. I love all of my Chanel blushes. For me they just seem so skin enhancing.

MakeupAli

What! lol, well it was to me :) Those 3 look so lovely together! I love the trio palette even more after seeing it there. I love all of my Chanel blushes. For me they just seem so skin enhancing.

Well if there is a verbal equivalent to OCD, I've been close to it.

And yes, I love this rose family. In the Essentielle trio, the blush color is rather faint but the Tweed color will intensify it, I guess.

chi1216

I just received a shipping notice for my “On hold” Fleurs powder order. Looks as if Chanel is shipping it overnight for free. I should receive it this afternoon.

GreenEyedAllie

Just received my blush thingy! It’s so gorgeous in person! I definitely got one from ‘Winthrop’s batch’ though...super smelly! Luckily, that doesn’t usually bother me.

Haven

When I get mine I know that it will be a struggle to swatch/use it. I won’t want to disturb the design, which is stupid. It’s makeup. I should just use it. :loser:

elegant-one

When I get mine I know that it will be a struggle to swatch/use it. I won’t want to disturb the design, which is stupid. It’s makeup. I should just use it. :loser:

:rofl: Isn't that so true :p The design on this one is so frail that it does flatten pretty fast.

boschicka

I fully understand this. It's a problem. Funny though because I was watching a Youtuber decluttering their lipstick the other day. They said, "I've stopped using this one b/c it was limited edition, and I don't want to run out." And I thought 'uhhh, well, if you're not using it, it's just as if you've run out of it.' :p Easier to see when it's someone else, I suppose. It has motivated me to get over it and just use things....well, most things. ;)

Last edited:

peanut

After a period of not buying much Chanel, I'm so in love with this collection!! I was so worried I wouldn't get the highlighter/blush thingie, which was on back-order, that I ordered one from a Chanel boutique. In the meantime I got my back-ordered thingie from Chanel.com today. So I guess I'll have one to use and one to look at.

Also, for the first time they left a product out of my package. I ordered the tweed blush, Magnolia l/g and Poesie Stylo, but the Stylo was nowhere to be found. They over-nighted me a new one, which should be here tomorrow. So pleased with their CS! Has this ever happened to anyone else?

elegant-one

After a period of not buying much Chanel, I'm so in love with this collection!! I was so worried I wouldn't get the highlighter/blush thingie, which was on back-order, that I ordered one from a Chanel boutique. In the meantime I got my back-ordered thingie from Chanel.com today. So I guess I'll have one to use and one to look at.

Also, for the first time they left a product out of my package. I ordered the tweed blush, Magnolia l/g and Poesie Stylo, but the Stylo was nowhere to be found. They over-nighted me a new one, which should be here tomorrow. So pleased with their CS! Has this ever happened to anyone else?

:icon_cheers: Their shipping is amazing! Let us know what you think of everything :heart:

awickedshape

Wow-- they ARE expanding the Essentielle range--great! and the lipstick is pretty. The palette is lovely but too warm toned for me. Funny, because the model has similar coloring to mine, though I am a bit more neutral.

It looks so much like Beige Intense.
As she said, the quad reminds me of one of the Dior State of Gold palettes. Hoping to see more (but not too soon lol)

MakeupAli

Dernieres Neiges swatches
Instagram

Thank you!! I am guessing that the first swatch is either the Thingy or the Essentielle, most likely the Thingy. The second is definitely the eye quad. And the third must be a lip gloss and the Tweed blush. Fourth is nail obviously. Translating from Google, she says: "The powder is beautiful, the shadows are absolutely transparent, the blush is too bright for my taste, the gorgeous shine, the varnish again looks like me."

I am really glad to see the quad swatched and was waiting to see swatches to confirm my decision to return it.