General Chanel Chat

Winthrop44

Yes, I thought of you right away too! You feel so connected to her in a way :( I was walking downtown to go into the post office & I was walking past my cousins flower shop & she said did you hear the awful news? I hadn't. She said as soon as she heard she thought of me & then looked up & saw me in the window which freaked her out. We hugged & cried! She & her daughter are huge KS lovers. I also just bought some KS sandals. I can't even image what the family especially that little girl must be going through.

I really want to know what the note said. I feel like I need to know why. She was so full of the love of life & all things girly. I feel really sad.
:heart:

Did you happen to get Warm Beige Ink?
I know what you mean. The only think I've seen about the note is that it supposedly told the 13 year old it was not her fault. No idea if that's just fake news though.

Warm Beige looks really pretty on chanel.com. Never even heard of it before you mentioned it just now. We are going crazy at the office so have had no time for anything fun. Did you get it?

elegant-one

I know what you mean. The only think I've seen about the note is that it supposedly told the 13 year old it was not her fault. No idea if that's just fake news though.

Warm Beige looks really pretty on chanel.com. Never even heard of it before you mentioned it just now. We are going crazy at the office so have had no time for anything fun. Did you get it?

I heard that too.

I have it in "carts" lol. I think it looks beautiful, but will it be an aging rosy brown on me is the question. I was hoping you would tell me that you got & love it on :)

Winthrop44

I heard that too.

I have it in "carts" lol. I think it looks beautiful, but will it be an aging rosy brown on me is the question. I was hoping you would tell me that you got & love it on :)
Haha! You first. Yep, many an aging rosy brown has crossed my lips. It gets frustrating. Are there swatches anywhere?

shadowaddict

Yes, I thought of you right away too! You feel so connected to her in a way :( I was walking downtown to go into the post office & I was walking past my cousins flower shop & she said did you hear the awful news? I hadn't. She said as soon as she heard she thought of me & then looked up & saw me in the window which freaked her out. We hugged & cried! She & her daughter are huge KS lovers. I also just bought some KS sandals. I can't even image what the family especially that little girl must be going through.

I really want to know what the note said. I feel like I need to know why. She was so full of the love of life & all things girly. I feel really sad.
:heart:

Yes, I would like to know what the note said also.

My daughter told me as soon as I came downstairs. I was so shocked I was unable to process the news. I just stood still for a moment. My heart sank in sadness. Like you said she always seemed so fun, girly, & joyful.

As my go to handbag brand, for a month I've been trying to narrow my list & decide which bag to get. I love so many. I treasure all my KS items, so classic but with a modern twist, just as she was. I haven't tried her clothing or shoes because I'm hard to fit. However I love my laptop bag, iPad cases, wallets, fun key fobs & 8 or 9 handbags, etc. I've babied my bags & my oldest ones look brand new, amazing quality.

We saw happy whimsical fun in her products that seemed to flow straight from her. As I've battled depression for more than 3 decades I now have a new appreciation for my KS products. One never knows what deep sadness, fear, loss, hurts, and pain hide behind a mask of smiles & laughter. I would never have thought by looking and watching her that she was possibly hiding some type of deep painful sorrow or something. My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to her young daughter & the rest of her family.

awickedshape

Yesterday I saw a report that said the note was addressed to her daughter and stated that she loved her, it wasn't the child's fault and "ask Daddy". Not sure how that is meant to be interpreted and I hope that her daughter will be Ok in the aftermath.
I'm not sure they should have released that info.

brightfairy

Did anyone get Éclat Solaire?

Sorry for my late response, but: yes, I got it. And I'm totally happy with it (fortunately my skin is not a sensible one).
For me, the red is exactly the red of 'Malice', one of my all-time-favourite JC, just in a cream version. The gold is 'heavy', or let's say: an eye-catching shade, but nevertheless an easy to work with-shade. The 'concealer' is more a highlighter-product for me, it works well on the top of the cheeks.
I apply all shades just with my fingers and I'm planning to finish the whole Palette before september(end of summer).

I'd say: give this Palette a try, even if you are quite 'pale' like me, it works well for a 'relaxed look'.

awickedshape

Sorry for my late response, but: yes, I got it. And I'm totally happy with it (fortunately my skin is not a sensible one).
For me, the red is exactly the red of 'Malice', one of my all-time-favourite JC, just in a cream version. The gold is 'heavy', or let's say: an eye-catching shade, but nevertheless an easy to work with-shade. The 'concealer' is more a highlighter-product for me, it works well on the top of the cheeks.
I apply all shades just with my fingers and I'm planning to finish the whole Palette before september(end of summer).

I'd say: give this Palette a try, even if you are quite 'pale' like me, it works well for a 'relaxed look'.

Glad you're enjoying it!
Strange that some places list it as a concealer when it's clearly a highlighter ... probably just because the previous palettes had one

Anahita Balsara

Hey did anybody buy the new Chanel-Deauvile, Venise and Biarritz fragrances?? I may have bought all 3. They should be here tomorrow. I hope I don't regret my blind purchase. LOL