General Chanel Chat

Winthrop44

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :heart: :kisskiss: :flowers:
I must apologize for not being in touch. I really miss you! Life got crazy and I had a work deadline.

I really love Rosee! It is Chanel's sweet version of Nars Orgasm. It is very pale with a beautiful soft glow. I am getting one for my DIL for Christmas. I think she will love the shade.
Oh, that is so cute to hear. I hope she loves the shade. I have several new RCF shades that I would like to order. I want to get the liquid pearl highlighter.

That highlighter looks so pretty. Unfortunately it's a no go for me because of the propylene glycol. Which RCF shades are you looking at? My most recent purchases were Easy and Feel. Love both, but they haven't gotten much use due to masks. Crush looks really beautiful but might be too cool toned for me. Have you been able to spend any time with the kids and Ruby?

Last edited:

r0mini0n

They changed their site design to match the US one but now the login and buying function doesn't even work, kind of sad for a brand like Chanel. I sent a message through their contact form but it doesn't work either lol.
Let me just quote myself and say I should have complained sooner, I tried again and it works now! I ordered 2 lipsticks, an eyeliner and a nail polish (would have ordered both but one was sold out). If the quad with the brown shade is released I might pick it up in a beauty store here because I have a 30% off coupon, otherwise I think I'll hold off.

elegant-one

That highlighter looks so pretty. Unfortunately it's a no go for me because of the propylene glycol. Which RCF shades are you looking at? My most recent purchases were Easy and Feel. Love both, but they haven't gotten much use due to masks. Crush looks really beautiful but might be too cool toned for me. Have you been able to spend any time with the kids and Ruby?
No, unfortunately :( We have not seen them since Christmas!!! We missed Ruby's 4th birthday, our son and DIL birthdays. My DIL came down with shingles so they didn't want to expose us. They were both working from home and Ruby LOVED that. They were also very freaked out by the CV and didn't want to expose us...even though they never left their house :( They are coming next weekend thank goodness. We both were so depressed not being able to be with them.

Feel, Lovely, Shake and Flushed RCS. Looks like they just put new product up.

Rose Bronze blush isn't new is it? I thought I already bought a Chanel blush that shade LOL

elegant-one

Also, I am still in love with the UBeauty serum. I took pictures of myself with no makeup on and I could not believe how youthful my face looked! I swear it made me look several years younger, I kid you not. It really shows in the photos. I have next to no wrinkles. Also, my skin has not broken out at all, not even once since I started using it. I bought a small bottle for my DIL.

Winthrop44

No, unfortunately :( We have not seen them since Christmas!!! We missed Ruby's 4th birthday, our son and DIL birthdays. My DIL came down with shingles so they didn't want to expose us. They were both working from home and Ruby LOVED that. They were also very freaked out by the CV and didn't want to expose us...even though they never left their house :( They are coming next weekend thank goodness. We both were so depressed not being able to be with them.

Feel, Lovely, Shake and Flushed RCS. Looks like they just put new product up.

Rose Bronze blush isn't new is it? I thought I already bought a Chanel blush that shade LOL

No. Rose Bronze isn’t new. They just repackaged a few of the blushes in cases with red CC’s. I’ll have to look at Shake. Can’t remember seeing that one. I have Flushed and Freeze in my cart.

So sorry about you missing all those birthdays and your DIL getting shingles. The people I’ve known who have had shingles say it’s really painful. :(. Have you gotten the vaccine, Shingrix? If not you really should. If you had chicken pox as a kid you can develop shingles. We got the vaccine last summer. So glad you will finally get to see all of them! One of my very good friends here and another in NY both finally got to see their grandchildren last week and they were so overcome with emotion. I know you will be too! This pandemic has been so terrible, and we’re the lucky ones....at least we’re healthy. Stay safe and enjoy your visit from the kids next weekend!

elegant-one

No. Rose Bronze isn’t new. They just repackaged a few of the blushes in cases with red CC’s. I’ll have to look at Shake. Can’t remember seeing that one. I have Flushed and Freeze in my cart.

So sorry about you missing all those birthdays and your DIL getting shingles. The people I’ve known who have had shingles say it’s really painful. :(. Have you gotten the vaccine, Shingrix? If not you really should. If you had chicken pox as a kid you can develop shingles. We got the vaccine last summer. So glad you will finally get to see all of them! One of my very good friends here and another in NY both finally got to see their grandchildren last week and they were so overcome with emotion. I know you will be too! This pandemic has been so terrible, and we’re the lucky ones....at least we’re healthy. Stay safe and enjoy your visit from the kids next weekend!

I put Freeze in my cart earlier. It looks really pretty. The CV and 2020 has been awful. I am so happy that you guys are healthy!!! Us too.

Are there any good swatches anywhere?

Winthrop44

I put Freeze in my cart earlier. It looks really pretty. The CV and 2020 has been awful. I am so happy that you guys are healthy!!! Us too.

Are there any good swatches anywhere?

I haven’t seen any swatches except for Sabrina’s of Flushed.

Edit: I just ran across this video that includes Freeze and several other newish ones.

Last edited:

Winthrop44

Let me just quote myself and say I should have complained sooner, I tried again and it works now! I ordered 2 lipsticks, an eyeliner and a nail polish (would have ordered both but one was sold out). If the quad with the brown shade is released I might pick it up in a beauty store here because I have a 30% off coupon, otherwise I think I'll hold off.

Oh that’s good! What lipsticks did you get?

r0mini0n

Oh that’s good! What lipsticks did you get?
I got the dark Rouge Coco one (I already have Adrienne) and the Rouge Coco Flash in Lust. I was thinking about Flushed but it looks that there is like golden sheen or sparkles throughout, and even though it's pretty I know I wouldn't wear it. Plus I have some of the nuder RCF that haven't really gotten their chance yet so I think I'll pull those out :)

Winthrop44

I got the dark Rouge Coco one (I already have Adrienne) and the Rouge Coco Flash in Lust. I was thinking about Flushed but it looks that there is like golden sheen or sparkles throughout, and even though it's pretty I know I wouldn't wear it. Plus I have some of the nuder RCF that haven't really gotten their chance yet so I think I'll pull those out :)

I'm not sure I'm so thrilled with Fluished after seeing Sabrina's swatch either. Enjoy your goodies!

Winthrop44

Other pictures made the colors look much prettier. I guess we shall see! I'm especially disappointed in the nude lipstick which does not look attractive at all there.