General Chanel Chat

purrtykitty

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Heehee! I'll bet your face smells divine, lol!

And thank you so much elegant! I was pretty nervous about posting a body shot, but then I figured, I'm also in the process of dropping some weight, so this'll be a good way to chronicle the loss, as well.

I loooove hats, especially in the spring/summer. Keeps my scalp from getting burned...it's already been burned once, and it isn't even summer, yet! I'm in need of a good straw hat, and I'll have to check that one out.

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
I don't have any Chanel e/s (but a zillion from other brands). Do you like the Kaska quad? I have been eyeing Mystic Eyes and the Bleu Celeste -- and for neutral quads -- I've been looking at swatches for Dunes, Kaska, and Variations. So many shadows, so little time
smiles.gif

I have Mystic Eyes, Kaska and Variations. I love all of them, but especially Mystic Eyes.....if you can find it, Demure is fabulous too for a smoky neutral eye. Most of my others are older LE ones.

Oh, and I recently bought Winter Nights, which is gorgeous, but I haven't worn it yet.

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Oh, this will totally crack you guys up.

I told you guys that I exfoliate with Chanel's Eclat in the peachy pink squeeze tube - well, OPI makes a smoothing pedicare lotion in almost the exact same size & color squeeze tube
lol.gif
you guessed it - I used the OPI pedicure lotion on my face instead
icon_eek.gif
No harm done I guess

squeeze.gif
lol.gif

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty

And thank you so much elegant! I was pretty nervous about posting a body shot, but then I figured, I'm also in the process of dropping some weight, so this'll be a good way to chronicle the loss, as well.

You look awesome! I wanted to see your head on that great body though!!
th_LMAO.gif
Nice hubby for picking all of that stuff out for you! You are very lucky!!

elegant-one

Quote:

I loooove hats, especially in the spring/summer. Keeps my scalp from getting burned...it's already been burned once, and it isn't even summer, yet! I'm in need of a good straw hat, and I'll have to check that one out.

Really , you look great! I wrote down your recipe too
smiles.gif
I've bought 3 straw hats already. I'm just trying to preserve my newly colored hair from fading

Yes, my face was fragrant & my feet well exfoliated
smiles.gif
I swear i have issues
lol.gif
but then ya'll know that by now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
squeeze.gif
lol.gif

girlhaha.gif
I love squeezey! I need to write you - a lil harried & crazy today
winkiss.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
I have Mystic Eyes, Kaska and Variations. I love all of them, but especially Mystic Eyes.....if you can find it, Demure is fabulous too for a smoky neutral eye. Most of my others are older LE ones.

Oh, and I recently bought Winter Nights, which is gorgeous, but I haven't worn it yet.

OK -- all of you fabulous ladies are making me want to place an order for quads right now! Sandra Bullock was on the cover of In Style a while ago and it said she was wearing Mystic Eyes. I have been obsessed ever since!!

Elegant -- I want Chanel to do free shipping again, too!

Bonitinha

Quote:

Super cute outfit post -- you look great!
smiles.gif

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Was looking at the pic and I noticed the quad Songes. I have it from the Think Pink collection, and the e/s are round, not square like this, but the colours aren't the same. My Songes consists of a pale pink with gold shimmer, a matte beige, a silvery pink and a dark brown black.
th_dunno.gif

I have the US Songes - the colors listed on the back are Satin/Pearl/Peach/Eggplant - all have a subtle shimmer - the colors are a light rose, a muted pale pinky/white color, a pale peach and the dark color is brown with plum (eggplant describes it pretty well). Mine is an older one, so maybe they re-released it internationally with different colors
th_dunno.gif

shontay07108

Wow, I put the Kaska Beige quad in my Chanel cart and forgot all about it! I want it so bad. It looks so delicious in the looks used on Temptalia.

elegant-one

Since Neimans has the free ship now (but what I want they either dont have or its backordered) I was thinking about the Demure quad - but they don't have it
ssad.gif
Nor do they have the new stuff that was in todays Chanel email. double
ssad.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Wow, I put the Kaska Beige quad in my Chanel cart and forgot all about it! I want it so bad. It looks so delicious in the looks used on Temptalia.

Shontay! I've missed ya
friends.gif

Shypo

Quote:
Shontay! I've missed ya
friends.gif

Me too!! I was hanging around the MUFE thread earlier in the week - I ordered a couple of the new aqua shadow creams (I can NEVER remember the name of those things!) - can't wait to get them from Sephora!! Woo hoo!

Shypo

So I'm contemplating my list for the new duos.....I think I want the following:

Berry Rose
Taupe
Gris

I think I'll limit myself to these 3, since I want the Enigma quad and one of the new JC blushes.....and probably 2 of the glossimers.......it's going to be an expensive Chanel summer/fall.
drools.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Shontay! I've missed ya
friends.gif

I've missed you, too!
drinkup.gif
I always know I can find you here, though.
lol.gif

Quote:
Me too!! I was hanging around the MUFE thread earlier in the week - I ordered a couple of the new aqua shadow creams (I can NEVER remember the name of those things!) - can't wait to get them from Sephora!! Woo hoo!

I missed you as well, Sypho!
winkiss.gif
I could never remember the name of the product either. I just call it aqua cream
lol.gif
. I can't wait for you to try them. I plan on ordering a few more very soon.

I had to work overnight this past week, but it's over now. I feel like I've been in the twilight zone. Don't know what day it is. Going in to work at night and coming out with the sun! Unless there are drinks involved, that's a
nonono.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
You look awesome! I wanted to see your head on that great body though!!
th_LMAO.gif
Nice hubby for picking all of that stuff out for you! You are very lucky!!

Thank you! Lol, for now I shall be the headless blogger...at least until I've been posting for a bit and get into a rhythm of some sort. I'll be posting EOTDs and lip swatches, and maybe even some cheek swatches. Baby steps, baby steps...

Shypo

Quote:
I've missed you, too!
drinkup.gif
lol.gif

winkiss.gif
I could never remember the name of the product either. I just call it aqua cream
lol.gif

I had to work overnight this past week, but it's over now. I feel like I've been in the twilight zone. Don't know what day it is. Going in to work at night and coming out with the sun! Unless there are drinks involved, that's a
nonono.gif

Indeed......hopefully you won't have to do the vampire shift again anytime soon......
nope.gif

Quote:
Thank you! Lol, for now I shall be the headless blogger...at least until I've been posting for a bit and get into a rhythm of some sort. I'll be posting EOTDs and lip swatches, and maybe even some cheek swatches. Baby steps, baby steps...

You've inspired me to create a blog - granted, most of what I have to say probably won't be of much interest to many others, but what the heck. I'm playing around with the format now - I can't seem to find a template I like, but I'll figure it out eventually.

Mine has a head and no body!!!
rofl.gif

I feel like SUCH a goober!
greengrin.gif

http://shyposmakeupmadness.blogspot.com/

purrtykitty

I'm so happy to have inspired someone, lol! I messed around with formatting for hours before I finally got it the way I wanted. I originally picked out a pink template, but it irritated me, so I went with that minimalist one and did colored fonts.

Oh, and now my MUFE goodies arrived, so I'll have those to swatch, review and do EOTDs with!

elegant-one

Quote:

Hey, that's me...thats why I had to go look to see what my Chanel quads were called
lol.gif

Quote:
I've missed you, too!
drinkup.gif
lol.gif

winkiss.gif
lol.gif

smiles.gif
I'm always around

shontay07108

Quote:
I'm so happy to have inspired someone, lol! I messed around with formatting for hours before I finally got it the way I wanted. I originally picked out a pink template, but it irritated me, so I went with that minimalist one and did colored fonts.

Oh, and now my MUFE goodies arrived, so I'll have those to swatch, review and do EOTDs with!

I just added your blog to my favorites. Very cool. I've been thinking about a blog, also. Heaven knows I have the time. Maybe soon. I love the name of your blog, too. I also have an obsession with makeup/cats.

Bonitinha

Quote:
Indeed......hopefully you won't have to do the vampire shift again anytime soon......
nope.gif

You've inspired me to create a blog - granted, most of what I have to say probably won't be of much interest to many others, but what the heck. I'm playing around with the format now - I can't seem to find a template I like, but I'll figure it out eventually.

Mine has a head and no body!!!
rofl.gif

I feel like SUCH a goober!
greengrin.gif

http://shyposmakeupmadness.blogspot.com/

For some reason, the link didn't work for me. Is your blog up and running? This is so fun, I love it -- more makeup obsession!
winkiss.gif

Update: got it to work!!