General Chanel Chat

Bonitinha

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Does anyone have Exquise RA lipstick? I saw this swatch and fell in love:
The Spring Season: Chanel Exquise Lipstick

I really want to get Bikini Peach and Bondi Beach, too. I have been putting them off, but since they're LE -- I feel like I will cave
smiles.gif

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty

There are more pics on my new blog swatchcat. I'd really appreciate your support by following me!
greengrin.gif

Hi Karin, i'll read your blog through my google reader everyday. And yes, i follow Chewy & Domino.
winkiss.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
smiles.gif

I do! Its a very pretty pink with slight golden shimmer. It looks a lil bit darker rose pink on me than in tempt. pic - maybe because my lips are so pigmented.

elegant-one

Oh - I get the STUPID award!
lol.gif

My Ming was sitting there in its proper place next to all my other Chanel lipsticks all this time - never lost. I thought it was in a fatter tube - but nooooooo its just like the lipstick but a tad skinnier tube. Whew, glad it wasn't lost after all
lol.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
lol.gif

My Ming was sitting there in its proper place next to all my other Chanel lipsticks all this time - never lost. I thought it was in a fatter tube - but nooooooo its just like the lipstick but a tad skinnier tube. Whew, glad it wasn't lost after all
lol.gif

Yay!
yahoo.gif
Glad you found it before you bought a new one!
I want Ming, Exquise, Rose Comete, and Darling as well as a few glossimers and a few eye quads. How to chooose??? Or do I just go for it all at once LOL Chanel makes my MAC hauls look cheap!
cutey.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Congrats on the blog (love the name)! You're on my toolbar and I'll check it out daily, and will subscribe when I can remember my google info!

My hubby just called from work with happy news...we're going to Las Vegas in October for our anniversary! We've been semi planning it for a while, but he's been super busy lately and asking for time off was laughable. The big boss took him to lunch today and they talked about it and he got the time approved, yay! We'll be staying at the Bellagio and you know my butt will be walking across the street to the forum shops (hello MAC pro store!). Anyway, sorry for the off topic stuff, but I'm just so excited!

yahoo.gif

Oh that sounds like so much fun!! I've been dying to go back to Vegas ever since my MIL took me there 5 years ago! You guys will have so much fun. I could just stand there and watch those dancing fountains all day...well, after I'm done shopping for the day, anyway, lol!
lol.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Yay!
yahoo.gif
I want Ming, Exquise, Rose Comete, and Darling as well as a few glossimers and a few eye quads. How to chooose??? Or do I just go for it all at once LOL Chanel makes my MAC hauls look cheap!
cutey.gif

I know, wouldn't that have been just terrible if I bought it over the weekend when I was shopping
cry.gif
I thought about it.

All those shade are really pretty. I wish I didn't have such pigmented lips so the color would show up better.

I want new eyeshadow colors too. Like I don't have enough
th_dunno.gif

stv578

Quote:

I really want to get Bikini Peach and Bondi Beach, too. I have been putting them off, but since they're LE -- I feel like I will cave
smiles.gif

I have been eyeing Exquise as well! It looks really pretty irl. Haven't seen Bondi Beach, because yet again, we didn't get it here but Bikini Peach is gorgeous. I'm not one for peach really, but this one is super pretty and isn't too sheer.

Quote:
lol.gif

lol.gif

lol.gif

Shypo

Ok, so why am I such a dope?
fool.gif
I thought Ming was a np, not a ls......is it still available? I also haven't been able to find Mythic....I'm starting to feel like Boo-boo the Fool......
blink.gif

I'm guessing I need to add these to my 'must investigate' list.....it's getting a bit short lately
th_yawn.gif

I'm excited for the duos....and I'm really wishing the Asia-only pink JC was going to be available here
th_mad0217.gif
- it sounds beautiful....but we'll have some pretty pink ones too!
cutey.gif

Edit: Now I'm with the program - I must just be hitting counters that are out of these beauties (and when they aren't staffed so I can ask questions). Ming and Mythic are definitely on my list!

purrtykitty

Hehe, too many 'M' names. Ming, Mistral, Mythic...they all sound the same at the beginning!

coconut

Quote:
Does Chanel carry skincare that is targeted as anti aging and anti acne at the same time? How lovely that I have to worry about breakouts and fine lines at the same time! I get so overwhelmed by skincare. Let me know if you have any suggestions
smiles.gif

I have sensitive acne-prone skin. I am so sick of skincare companies marketing products for oily skin towards this skin type. I actually have normal-to-dry skin. I find the Hydramax moisturizer is perfect for this. I'm not too sure about the anti-aging properties, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Thanks, I love my new goodies, I was aching for some new Chanel!
yahoo.gif

I am wearing the highlighting fluid today and it is beyond fantastic!
th_worship.gif
I mixed it with a very sheer foundation, more like tinted moisturizer and it gave me the most flawless skin ever, I was glowing from the inside like never before! I felt so beautiful with nothing else on.

I'm glad you love it, but I am sooo sad I didn't get it in time! I find that the UV Essential sunscreen makes my skin look really glow-y and flawless and I really wanted the highlighting fluid to mix with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Hey all! I just wanted to share my mani - it's Chanel, of course!

Love that shade! I was obsessed with it all Spring...love the glitter you used with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Congrats on the blog (love the name)! You're on my toolbar and I'll check it out daily, and will subscribe when I can remember my google info!

My hubby just called from work with happy news...we're going to Las Vegas in October for our anniversary! We've been semi planning it for a while, but he's been super busy lately and asking for time off was laughable. The big boss took him to lunch today and they talked about it and he got the time approved, yay! We'll be staying at the Bellagio and you know my butt will be walking across the street to the forum shops (hello MAC pro store!). Anyway, sorry for the off topic stuff, but I'm just so excited!

yahoo.gif

Yayyy! I seriously am obsessed with Las Vegas. I have been there every year for the last 3 years and am thinking of going again this year and I was just there in March.

Quote:
lol.gif

lol.gif

Glad you found it! I hate it when you think you lost something and it was in an obvious place all along!

Quote:
Yay!
yahoo.gif
cutey.gif

I am falling more and more in love with Rose Comete. I seem to be reaching for it all the time. I love how it look with bronze-y eyeshadows.

coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I have the same problem! I breakout around my chin, but my skin is otherwise normal/dry. I'm currently using Retin-A at night, just on my problem areas, and use a basic moisturizer. I spoke with the SA at my counter, and she suggested I try the Ultra Correction Line repair serum, which is supposed to be for all skin types so it'll probably be okay for acne prone skin. I'm not sure I would necessarily try the moisturizer though. I know Chanel also has the Purite line, but I'm not sure the serum in that line will provide much in terms of line prevention.

Yep, I'm in the same boat with breakouts and normal/dry skin. I find Hydramax to work for me. I am interested in trying Retin-A but am afraid of the irritated, red, flaky skin and sun sensitivity. Maybe a serum targeted at anti-aging and a moisturizer that works for sensitive but normal/dry skin would be the answer! I have been toying with the idea of a serum, but was thinking of just going with Hydramax since I liked the sample.

Purple

Hi, girls! Thanks to all of you I started my new addiction: Chanel!
I bought Mythic and Beige Felin lipsticks and they are awesome! I also bought Kaska Beige quad, because I´m always in search of the perfect nudes (specially lipsticks and eyeshadows), so here I am trying to learn from your Chanel tips, haha
yes.gif

Camnagem

Elegant - I'm so glad you found your missing Ming! Today I thought I lost my sunglasses and they were mysteriously hiding, very secretly, on my head. It took me an hour to "find" them.

Awesome, go me.
th_crazy.gif

Purple - Welcome, glad you love the new goodies!

Ah I'm bummed. I back-ordered Super and Genial and both were dropped and cancelled from my order. I was too late and totally missed out, but I'm sure I'll be able to find other lippies to perk me up.
graucho.gif

In the totally random section of life - I saw my neighbor's nephew (guessing he was around 3) pee on his leg today...it was hilarious. He was out playing with the sprinklers and decided to turn his on too I guess. I laughed so hard I started coughing, then coughed so hard I had to lean over and mini-puke into the bushes. Gross I know, sorry, but still...amusing!
lol.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:

smiles.gif

I have the two glosses.
smiles.gif
Haven't try BP but have tried BB. I like the texture of BB, and this is my first Aqualumiere gloss. However, it doesn't last very long on my lips, only about an hour!

Again, Exquise is one of the lipstick that I wanted to buy when it was first launched in the Spring 2008 collection. It's beautiful!

Quote:
lol.gif

lol.gif

Congrats for finding it!

Quote:
Yay!
yahoo.gif
cutey.gif

If you go for it all at once, you will be very happy but very poor. Maybe you can choose a few first, but I know it's hard.
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Ok, so why am I such a dope?
fool.gif
I thought Ming was a np, not a ls......is it still available? I also haven't been able to find Mythic....I'm starting to feel like Boo-boo the Fool......
blink.gif

There is a np named Ming. It is the same shade as the laque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple
I bought Mythic and Beige Felin lipsticks and they are awesome! I also bought Kaska Beige quad, because I´m always in search of the perfect nudes (specially lipsticks and eyeshadows), so here I am trying to learn from your Chanel tips, haha
yes.gif

Welcome here!
th_hug.gif

Shypo

Quote:
yes.gif

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
You'll have a good time here - but strap in for some serious enabling!! We don't mess around!
th_LMAO.gif
nope.gif

Shypo

I just took the ebay plunge and ordered the Dreams quad from a seller in Hong Kong (thanks, Winthrop!!) and hope for the best - I'm looking forward to getting it!

stv578

Good morning ladies!

I must say it's quite enjoyable coming on here when I first get in to work and have my morning tea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
I have sensitive acne-prone skin. I am so sick of skincare companies marketing products for oily skin towards this skin type. I actually have normal-to-dry skin. I find the Hydramax moisturizer is perfect for this. I'm not too sure about the anti-aging properties, though.

Is there only one Hydramax moisturizer? I'm curious to know since our skin types sound similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut
Yep, I'm in the same boat with breakouts and normal/dry skin. I find Hydramax to work for me. I am interested in trying Retin-A but am afraid of the irritated, red, flaky skin and sun sensitivity. Maybe a serum targeted at anti-aging and a moisturizer that works for sensitive but normal/dry skin would be the answer! I have been toying with the idea of a serum, but was thinking of just going with Hydramax since I liked the sample.

Retin-A will definitely be drying, but if you use the lowest concentration and in a cream base, it'll minimize the side-effects. I have actually had very little irritation & not redness with the one i'm using this time around and find it a lot less irritating than the Differin gel (which is another vit. a derivative & supposedly more gentle). It's called Retisol I think, the stength is .25 or .025,(can check at home) and has spf even though i use it at night. The flakiness does subside after a while for the most part, but I still am careful to use very little foundation on my chin so i don't have any obvious flakiness. I also picked up the Chanel radiance exfoliating scrub to use once a week to get rid of the flakies. The girl at the counter yesterday that sold me the scrub told me my chin looked a lot better! (they were out've the serum, i managed to walk away empty handed!!!)

Quote:
yes.gif

Welcome! You've got some great and classic items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
You'll have a good time here - but strap in for some serious enabling!! We don't mess around!
th_LMAO.gif
nope.gif

This is true! I have hauled far too much the last little while!

Bonitinha

Shypo -- enjoy your Dreams quad!!
thmbup.gif
Let me know when you get Ming and Mythic -- they are in my cart online!

MissQQ --- the other Aqualumiere gloss I have doesn't last very long either, I wish they lasted longer! I love the look of Bondi Beach -- is it pretty over lipsticks?? Glad to know so many like Exquise -- it looks like a gorgeous color!

Camnagen -- bummer that those 2 lippies sold out!
ssad.gif
That is so maddening!
That always makes me want them more!

Purple -- Welcome!! I am new to Chanel obsession, too. But this board will help your Chanel stash grow quickly
smiles.gif

Coconut -- I was on Retin-A for a year and a half. It really helps with breakouts and fine lines. It was starting to really irritate my face, so I am taking a little break. I would definately start with the lowest percentage and then work your way up. It is great for keeping pores clear!

Stv578 -- Let me know if you end up getting Exquise. I want it!! I love peachy glosses over pink lipsticks for summer!

Elegant -- Do you have lots of quads or mainly singles? I have so many eyeshadows, yet I think I need quite a few of those quads!!