General Chanel Chat

Camnagem

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Shypo I'd call the guy in Vegas too! My skin is so picky and easily annoyed that when I find something I like enough to remember liking it...I hunt it down.
sneaky.gif

I really love hearing what you all think about the skincare. I'll be using up what's left in my NARS routine and scooping up some Chanel samples here and there in the meantime. If it works for me I'll do the switch over one piece at a time!

Randomly off topic - Do any of you watch QVC beauty shows? On Thursday Bobbi Brown will be having the TSV, and I'm thinking about picking it up. Yeah, because I totally NEED more make-up!
lol.gif

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Does Chanel carry skincare that is targeted as anti aging and anti acne at the same time? How lovely that I have to worry about breakouts and fine lines at the same time! I get so overwhelmed by skincare. Let me know if you have any suggestions
smiles.gif

I have the same problem! I breakout around my chin, but my skin is otherwise normal/dry. I'm currently using Retin-A at night, just on my problem areas, and use a basic moisturizer. I spoke with the SA at my counter, and she suggested I try the Ultra Correction Line repair serum, which is supposed to be for all skin types so it'll probably be okay for acne prone skin. I'm not sure I would necessarily try the moisturizer though. I know Chanel also has the Purite line, but I'm not sure the serum in that line will provide much in terms of line prevention.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578

So I did manage to pick up the Bleu Celeste quad. I'm so glad i did!!! The SA told me that after I called, she checked and realized she was supposed to have sent it back since it's discontinued, but she was glad that I got it! She only had the one left, and the box was a little banged up, but it's mine! It is really pretty for a blue quad, all of the shades are very wearable.

girlhaha.gif
Oh, hehehe I love this post so much. Spoken like a true addict
winkiss.gif

How fun for the kids to pick out their rooms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
...but there is no way I'm going to pay the price of Sublimage to get the moisturization I need.

Hi Love!

Thats why I asked for a sample to use for about 2 weeks before I shelled out the dough. I don't like the Sublimage line
th_dunno.gif
too heavy - I can't figure it out. I have lots of samples, but it just doesn't do it for me.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem

Randomly off topic - Do any of you watch QVC beauty shows? On Thursday Bobbi Brown will be having the TSV, and I'm thinking about picking it up. Yeah, because I totally NEED more make-up!
lol.gif

ohmygosh - I totally LOVE watching the QVC beauty shows - go figure
lol.gif

Especially Smashbox & Bobbi Brown. Thanks for the heads up!

th_roll1.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ

On to the fall collection, the allure site reveals what the models wore at the fall 2010 runway show.

Designer Faces: The Hair and Makeup Look at the Fall 2010 Chanel Runway Show: Trends: allure.com

The blush is Pink Clouds (asia only?) and Rose Temptation (LE for fall).
drools.gif
I'm not sure what collection Pink Clouds is coming out with, but I've never seen it before and am not sure if it is new. Maybe it is a Asia only collection, like Think Pink in 2008?
th_dunno.gif
I'm excited.
yes.gif

As for the lips, they used Hydra Treatment Lip-care SPF 15. Has anyone tried this before?

th_drool.gif
I need anything called Pink Clouds
yes.gif
tong.gif
I'll have to have it!

Yes, I have the hydra lip treatment & the UC lip creme - like them both.

PinkBasset

Quote:
PinkBasset - Awesome haul, enjoy it! I'm dying to know more about that highlighting fluid. Please let us know how you like it.

Thanks, I love my new goodies, I was aching for some new Chanel!
yahoo.gif

I am wearing the highlighting fluid today and it is beyond fantastic!
th_worship.gif
I mixed it with a very sheer foundation, more like tinted moisturizer and it gave me the most flawless skin ever, I was glowing from the inside like never before! I felt so beautiful with nothing else on. The only down side is the packaging, although luxurious, it is hard to get the product out. It's a glass jar with a small hole on it and because the product is not too watery that's why it doesn't come out as nice as I would like it to. But the product itself being that amazing I don't care about the packaging (maybe then when it is almost empty - how will I ever get everything out)! This product is divine.
drools.gif
I'm extremely happy I didn't skip this one!
smiles.gif

I am wearing also Super today. Finally a superbright pink by Chanel!
thmbup.gif
I have to say I often prefer Chanel lip products to Mac ones. I would love if they did the colour range and different finishes like Mac! I love how Chanel lippies feel on, so creamy and moisturizing.

Quote:

Very nice haul - many of these items have been sold out in the US for awhile....I did not get Laser for the reasons you mention.......there are many other glossimers that are 'something different', so you really haven't missed much IMHO
cutey.gif

Thanks! I thought so too that maybe I won't be missing much if I skip Laser. It is weird though, it looks gorgeous in the tube but average on my hand, and I still can't get it out of my head!
cutey.gif
I really like glossimers though, they are one of the best lipglosses out there.

PinkBasset

Oh and I forgot to mention I had a quick look of the new eyeshadow duos, I didn't buy any of them yet, but the plummy and grey ones did look very nice!
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

Hey all! I just wanted to share my mani - it's Chanel, of course!

ParticuliereIllusionDOr-1.jpg

There are more pics on my new blog swatchcat. I'd really appreciate your support by following me!
greengrin.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty

ParticuliereIllusionDOr-1.jpg

There are more pics on my new blog swatchcat. I'd really appreciate your support by following me!
greengrin.gif

this looks awesome Karin! I might have to break my Chanel np virginity soon! I started following your blog already btw
winkiss.gif

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I have the same problem! I breakout around my chin, but my skin is otherwise normal/dry. I'm currently using Retin-A at night, just on my problem areas, and use a basic moisturizer. I spoke with the SA at my counter, and she suggested I try the Ultra Correction Line repair serum, which is supposed to be for all skin types so it'll probably be okay for acne prone skin. I'm not sure I would necessarily try the moisturizer though. I know Chanel also has the Purite line, but I'm not sure the serum in that line will provide much in terms of line prevention.

The problem I had a few years ago ended up being caused by toothpaste with whiteners.....if you're using these, they could be contributing to your breakouts........particularly on the chin/corners of the mouth areas......

Shypo

Quote:
Shypo I'd call the guy in Vegas too! My skin is so picky and easily annoyed that when I find something I like enough to remember liking it...I hunt it down.
sneaky.gif

I really love hearing what you all think about the skincare. I'll be using up what's left in my NARS routine and scooping up some Chanel samples here and there in the meantime. If it works for me I'll do the switch over one piece at a time!

lol.gif

Yes, I should give him a call - assuming he remembers me
shrugs.gif
- it's worth a shot, anyway. Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
ohmygosh - I totally LOVE watching the QVC beauty shows - go figure
lol.gif

Especially Smashbox & Bobbi Brown. Thanks for the heads up!

th_roll1.gif

Oh yeah, I'm a total QVC hound - I'll be watching cuz, yeah, I need more makeup too!
th_LMAO.gif

stv578

Hey Karin! Your blog looks fun! Like that you're adding other topics as well (will so love quick and easy recipes!). Created a google account and subscribed!

stv578

Quote:
The problem I had a few years ago ended up being caused by toothpaste with whiteners.....if you're using these, they could be contributing to your breakouts........particularly on the chin/corners of the mouth areas......

I wish that was the cause!!! Nope, my issue is completely related to hormones!!! My skin was super clear and glowy when I was pregnant, both times! I'm also clear when I'm on certain BCP's, but other than that benefit, they don't agree with me. So I'm back to topical meds now.

purrtykitty

Thanks ladies! I hemmed and hawwed (is that a word? it is now, lol!) for months over whether to start blogging. I've got so much stuff to share that I figured now is as good a time as any!

elegant-one

Quote:

greengrin.gif

I love that color! or no color I guess
smiles.gif
Is the glitter as obvious in person as it is in the pic?

I'll check out your blog too!

EDIT: Well duh! you put illusion over the color
lol.gif

Camnagem

Quote:
greengrin.gif

Congrats on the blog (love the name)! You're on my toolbar and I'll check it out daily, and will subscribe when I can remember my google info!

My hubby just called from work with happy news...we're going to Las Vegas in October for our anniversary! We've been semi planning it for a while, but he's been super busy lately and asking for time off was laughable. The big boss took him to lunch today and they talked about it and he got the time approved, yay! We'll be staying at the Bellagio and you know my butt will be walking across the street to the forum shops (hello MAC pro store!). Anyway, sorry for the off topic stuff, but I'm just so excited!

yahoo.gif

purrtykitty

Thank you! Momma Spy, the gold glitters are pretty obvious, and the violet flashes in the light! Sooo pretty!

Bonitinha

Quote:
Congrats on the blog (love the name)! You're on my toolbar and I'll check it out daily, and will subscribe when I can remember my google info!

My hubby just called from work with happy news...we're going to Las Vegas in October for our anniversary! We've been semi planning it for a while, but he's been super busy lately and asking for time off was laughable. The big boss took him to lunch today and they talked about it and he got the time approved, yay! We'll be staying at the Bellagio and you know my butt will be walking across the street to the forum shops (hello MAC pro store!). Anyway, sorry for the off topic stuff, but I'm just so excited!

yahoo.gif

Fun!! My sister used to live in LV and the Bellagio is gorgeous!!