General Chanel Chat

Bonitinha

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

MissQQ -- this is kind of embarrasing -- how do you post photos? I looked through the FAQ's and couldn't find any info. Would love some help
smiles.gif

Shypo

Update on new (experimental) skincare routine - I woke up this morning and my face is dry and tight (I ordinarily use Olay Regenerist night recovery cream - in the purple jar - which I forgot to mention in an earlier post). This is discouraging. I can't wait to wash my face and get some moisturizer on it.....it could be that I just didn't use enough of the sample cream I got (in an effort to make it last until I get the jar) so I will use more tonight and see how that goes.

weeping.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Dreams quad....which I wish I could find.......(but not on ebay).......
crybaby.gif

I have had good and bad Chanel experiences on ebay, but I am very happy with the Dreams quad I just got on there (from Hong Kong). No question in my mind about its authenticity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I went by a counter today to swatch the Bleu Celeste quad, but it wasn't there.
th_dunno.gif

It should be available since it's on the Canadian site, so it's not one of the "US only" shades. So I'm going to try a larger counter tomorrow. If not, oh well.

Will your counters there not order for you from another counter? Here they'll search and send to my home with no shipping charge if they don't have something...and that's without my going to the first counter, just talking to them on the phone. Maybe give it a try?

Bonitinha

MissQQ - thanks for the help! I am afraid I am a little clueless when it comes to things like that!

Shypo -- I hope the skincare works out better for you. It can be so discouraging! I am constantly looking for my HG skincare products, only to have my skin change and the products no longer work. I'm on the hunt also!

coconut

Quote:
Update on new (experimental) skincare routine - I woke up this morning and my face is dry and tight (I ordinarily use Olay Regenerist night recovery cream - in the purple jar - which I forgot to mention in an earlier post). This is discouraging. I can't wait to wash my face and get some moisturizer on it.....it could be that I just didn't use enough of the sample cream I got (in an effort to make it last until I get the jar) so I will use more tonight and see how that goes.

weeping.gif

Aw, that's too bad. I don't have any experience with the serum you are using, but I can say that Hydramax is hydrating, but not a "rich" cream. I've never tried Olay, but it sounds like a richer cream, whereas Hydramax is quite light. Maybe you need something a bit heavier, but give it a few more days and hopefully it works for you! You may also want to try using only one of the two products samples at once. Sometimes I find that using two new products can make my skin mad. It's so hard to find good skincare products!

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
MissQQ - thanks for the help! I am afraid I am a little clueless when it comes to things like that!

You're welcome! I didn't know how to attach pics here initially when I just joined, but there were helpful Specktraettes who taught me how to do it.

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Here is a post where Karen swatched this quad:
Chanel Aurora Blues Spring 2008 Makeup Swatches and Face of the Day: Makeup and Beauty Blog: Makeup Reviews, Beauty Tips and Drugstore Beauty Finds
If you scroll down, you'll see the swatches on her arm. The swatches didn't wow me at first, but when I saw how the darkest shade applied wet looked -- LOVE. And I love the lip colours she used in her look, too!
winkiss.gif

Thanks! I agree, the darkest shade is gorgeous, from the looks of the pics, I am liking three of the four shades (not too crazy about light blues on my skintone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Will your counters there not order for you from another counter? Here they'll search and send to my home with no shipping charge if they don't have something...and that's without my going to the first counter, just talking to them on the phone. Maybe give it a try?

Depends, we only have two department store franchises that carry Chanel. One is the Bay, which I'm sure you see mentioned on this site quite a bit. The Bay is everywhere and the only dept. store that carries MAC. The other is Holt Renfrew, which is really high end. They only carry designer brands and only have a few locations in TO and a handful across the country. Holt's will transfer products, the Bay won't. I generally try to stick to the Chanel counter at a Bay store nearest to my office. The counter manager there is super sweet and knowledgeable. If I have to, I'll go to Holt's and risk having to deal with a snooty sales associate! Holt's is also the only place we can get a few brands like GA, BB, La Mer and maybe a few others. They have a monopoly on certain brands!!!

stv578

Bleu Celeste is discontinued here in Canada! I missed the last one by a week apparently!

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_dre
I'm hoping to get all of you fabulous ladies' opinion on something here...
So I'm heading to my Chanel counter possibly tomorrow, and I'm looking to get a perfect summer coral lipstick. The first one that comes to mind is the Rouge Allure in Genial. What do you think? Are there any other colors I should consider? Or should I just go with Genial since it's super gorgeous?
I'm new to the Chanel brand so any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!!
girlhaha.gif

I recommend both Genial and Teheran RC as I love them both
cutey.gif
. Teheran is softer and has more of a sheen to it, not frosty or anything just some nice shimmer. Genial is brighter, a lil more neon and looks pretty creamy on the lips. Both are gorge but different from each other, it really depends on your preferences. I would say Teheran is a spring kinda coral while Genial is a full on bright summer coral

stv578

Update: I may have located the quad after all! And at the counter closest to my home so I can pick it up tonight!!! (Apparently I don't have enough to do at work, lol!).

Bonitinha

Quote:
Update: I may have located the quad after all! And at the counter closest to my home so I can pick it up tonight!!! (Apparently I don't have enough to do at work, lol!).

Yay! Isn't it the worst when you have your heart set on something, only to find out it has been discontinued?? I hope you end up getting it tonight!
yahoo.gif

stv578

Completely. Only thing is, hearing the word discontinued probably made me want it more!!! It's like the LE factor. So bad for make-up addicts!

Camnagem

Quote:

YAY! Thrilled for you, it was just meant to be it seems!

Shypo - Sorry to hear about morning 1 of the skincare experiment. Sometimes when I'm trying a new product in a sample it takes a few days for my skin to "accept" the new routine, hopefully yours will ease into the Chanel goodies in a few days!

I went e-shopping again.
blush-anim-cl.gif

I found this Guerlain Terracotta Princess Powder at ACW that I've been wanting FOREVER so I grabbed that...and while I was at it, I got Seashell Glossimer. I couldn't help myself.
lol.gif

Hope everyone's having a great Monday!
th_hug.gif

stv578

Camnagem, that's a great way to start the week imo!

BTW everyone, I know I had mentioned a few pages back that we were getting our house ready to sell... it SOLD! It's bittersweet for me, because it was our first house and the one that both my kids came home to after they were born. But we had always intended on moving to a detached, so we're all pretty excited about that! Sorry for the off topic info.

PinkBasset

I got some Les Pop-Up today!
yahoo.gif
choochoo.gif
I got Super, Riviera and the Soleil Tan De Chanel iridescent highlighting fluid as well as the base coat for nails. There were no Nouvelle Vague and the saleslady had never heard of it. I don't know if it's sold out already or if we didn't get at all?
ssad.gif
That was my number one on my list. Is it sold out in the US? I will kick myself if I miss this like I did Jade!

Was it called Laser the neon-pink/fuchsia gloss? It looked so pretty, but it was almost clear on my hand. I didn't get it, but now it haunts me, I cannot get it out of my mind if it would've looked great over Super.
sneaky.gif
Have anyone here tried Laser?

Riviera went so well with Super so I had to get it. Chanel polishes are my weakness. Mistral on the other hand didn't wow me so I left it there.

I had no need for a new shimmer product, but the shimmering fluid was so nice and looked very natural on my hand - light enough for me, not too sparkly or dark. And the saleslady was very eager to sell it to me, said it was the last one. Oh boy, say the magic words "last one" to a makeup addict and we know what happens!
lol.gif

Camnagem

stv - I'm so happy for you, congrats!! Have you found a new house yet? I'm sure wherever you end up next will have just as many wonderful memories.
th_hug.gif

PinkBasset - Awesome haul, enjoy it! I'm dying to know more about that highlighting fluid. Please let us know how you like it.

elegant-one

Quote:

BTW everyone, I know I had mentioned a few pages back that we were getting our house ready to sell... it SOLD! It's bittersweet for me, because it was our first house and the one that both my kids came home to after they were born. But we had always intended on moving to a detached, so we're all pretty excited about that! Sorry for the off topic info.

thmbup.gif
Awesome! Yeah, I get real attached to sentimental things & a first home would be one. I always love to hear how the kids are doing & what you're up to
yes.gif

elegant-one

Quote:

weeping.gif

Ahh poo! See what happens after you give it another shot. Do you have super dry skin?

Latest posts