General Chanel Chat

Shypo

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Camnagem, that's a great way to start the week imo!

BTW everyone, I know I had mentioned a few pages back that we were getting our house ready to sell... it SOLD! It's bittersweet for me, because it was our first house and the one that both my kids came home to after they were born. But we had always intended on moving to a detached, so we're all pretty excited about that! Sorry for the off topic info.

Congratulations!! You will be able to make awesome new memories in your new house - I wish you and your family the very best!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I got some Les Pop-Up today!
yahoo.gif
choochoo.gif
I got Super, Riviera and the Soleil Tan De Chanel iridescent highlighting fluid as well as the base coat for nails. There were no Nouvelle Vague and the saleslady had never heard of it. I don't know if it's sold out already or if we didn't get at all?
ssad.gif
That was my number one on my list. Is it sold out in the US? I will kick myself if I miss this like I did Jade!

Was it called Laser the neon-pink/fuchsia gloss? It looked so pretty, but it was almost clear on my hand. I didn't get it, but now it haunts me, I cannot get it out of my mind if it would've looked great over Super.
sneaky.gif
Have anyone here tried Laser?

Riviera went so well with Super so I had to get it. Chanel polishes are my weakness. Mistral on the other hand didn't wow me so I left it there.

I had no need for a new shimmer product, but the shimmering fluid was so nice and looked very natural on my hand - light enough for me, not too sparkly or dark. And the saleslady was very eager to sell it to me, said it was the last one. Oh boy, say the magic words "last one" to a makeup addict and we know what happens!
lol.gif

Very nice haul - many of these items have been sold out in the US for awhile....I did not get Laser for the reasons you mention.......there are many other glossimers that are 'something different', so you really haven't missed much IMHO
cutey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Ahh poo! See what happens after you give it another shot. Do you have super dry skin?

It tends to be on the dry side, but moreso in winter. Now is about the time I see it switch back to normal....but I'm willing to give it another go.....I'll use more of the serum and the cream and see how tomorrow morning feels......thanks!!

Bonitinha

My little 4 year old loves to go through my makeup stash. The other day I caught her holding one of my Chanel glossimers -- just admiring it. Like mother, like daughter LOL
Shypo asked me to post a pic of the makeup I did for my girls ballet recital. I let them go through and pick what colours they want me to use. Of course, it didn't even show up in the picture, but oh well -- you can only apply so much makeup on a 4 year old and 11 year old anyways
smiles.gif
(But you'll see I'm not some hot 25 year old like my avatar LOL!!)

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=DSCN0403.jpg

elegant-one

^^^

Aw, You look so so pretty!!! The girls are absolutely adorable
heart.gif
Actually their makeup looks just pretty & young. So sweet - thanks for sharing.

purrtykitty

Congrats, Nora! It'll be so exciting starting a new chapter in your new home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
My little 4 year old loves to go through my makeup stash. The other day I caught her holding one of my Chanel glossimers -- just admiring it. Like mother, like daughter LOL
Shypo asked me to post a pic of the makeup I did for my girls ballet recital. I let them go through and pick what colours they want me to use. Of course, it didn't even show up in the picture, but oh well -- you can only apply so much makeup on a 4 year old and 11 year old anyways
smiles.gif

Uh, you are totally hot! And your girls look just as beautiful as their mama!

Shypo

Quote:
smiles.gif

Thanks for posting this! You look gorgeous!! And the girls are adorable - what fun!!!

stv578

Hi everyone! I want to thank all of you for your sweet posts regarding our house! Camnagem, we did buy a new house, it's in the process of being built and won't be ready till the fall. So we'll actually be moving in with my parents for a few months. I wanted to get our place sold before the market cooled down. We are really excited about the new house and I'm sure it'll be full of many many new memories. We took the kids inside (it's up but no walls or finishes yet) and they picked out their rooms!

Bonitinha, your girls are all so beautiful and you are stunning! Your little one looks so adorable in her outfit! She and my daughter are very close in age, and by the sounds of it, well on their way to being future make-up addicts!

So I did manage to pick up the Bleu Celeste quad. I'm so glad i did!!! The SA told me that after I called, she checked and realized she was supposed to have sent it back since it's discontinued, but she was glad that I got it! She only had the one left, and the box was a little banged up, but it's mine! It is really pretty for a blue quad, all of the shades are very wearable.

Bonitinha

Thanks ladies -- you are so all so sweet. I love my girlies and I believe I am raising future makeup addicts like myself
smiles.gif

Shypo

Day 2: I woke up to a dry, tight face again, and I was convinced I used enough product last night to get me through the night. I'm not sure what the issue is - my skin is not Sahara-dry.
th_dunno.gif

I do like the results I see with the UCL and H+A, along with the UC Line Repair Eye cream....but there is no way I'm going to pay the price of Sublimage to get the moisturization I need. If I keep seeing good results with Chanel, I'll just augment the regimen with my Olay Regenerist (gasp! sacrilege!) as I really like the richness of that cream. Or perhaps there's a different Chanel cream I should be using....I will investigate this on one of my upcoming shopping sprees.....one of the MUAs at my local Macy's has fast become one of my 'go-tos', so I'll ask her.
yes.gif

I really wish the guy in Las Vegas had told me what he was using on my face (he had the jars in a drawer next to the chair, and didn't show me the jar) - I really liked the result. He called it the 'high end cream', but I really don't think it was Sublimage - I think it was one of the Line Repair moisturizers....anyway, I'll ask at Macy's.

Winthrop44

Many times when my skin reacts to something it feels tight - in my case I'm pretty sure it's from a swelling reaction. Do you think you could be reacting to something in the new products rather than just not getting enough moisture from them?

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Many times when my skin reacts to something it feels tight - in my case I'm pretty sure it's from a swelling reaction. Do you think you could be reacting to something in the new products rather than just not getting enough moisture from them?

It's possible......but I don't have any irritation or redness (always a plus, and usually my biggest fear) - it feels like it does in the winter when I just need to moisturize......it could be a case where my skin is 'used to' what I normally do, and not yet accustomed to the way it's supposed to feel with the new products.....or perhaps I just need a richer night cream?

Winthrop44

Could you maybe call the guy in Vegas and ask what he calls "the high end cream" since you really liked whatever that was?

Miss QQ

Quote:
yahoo.gif
choochoo.gif

Was it called Laser the neon-pink/fuchsia gloss? It looked so pretty, but it was almost clear on my hand. I didn't get it, but now it haunts me, I cannot get it out of my mind if it would've looked great over Super.
sneaky.gif

I didn't try Laser but I bought Pop and was pleasantly surprised by it. It looked almost clear on the back of my hand too, but on my lips it gave a sheer coat of bright coral gloss. Someone here asked about Pop too. So there, I like it very much! I think Laser will give a sheer coat of bright pink on the lips.

Quote:
Hi everyone! I want to thank all of you for your sweet posts regarding our house! Camnagem, we did buy a new house, it's in the process of being built and won't be ready till the fall. So we'll actually be moving in with my parents for a few months. I wanted to get our place sold before the market cooled down. We are really excited about the new house and I'm sure it'll be full of many many new memories. We took the kids inside (it's up but no walls or finishes yet) and they picked out their rooms!

So I did manage to pick up the Bleu Celeste quad. I'm so glad i did!!! The SA told me that after I called, she checked and realized she was supposed to have sent it back since it's discontinued, but she was glad that I got it! She only had the one left, and the box was a little banged up, but it's mine! It is really pretty for a blue quad, all of the shades are very wearable.

Congrats on selling your house and on the new house! Very exciting!

Enjoy the quad too. I feel chic whenever I wear the quad.
lol.gif

On to the fall collection, the allure site reveals what the models wore at the fall 2010 runway show.

Designer Faces: The Hair and Makeup Look at the Fall 2010 Chanel Runway Show: Trends: allure.com

The blush is Pink Clouds (asia only?) and Rose Temptation (LE for fall).
drools.gif
I'm not sure what collection Pink Clouds is coming out with, but I've never seen it before and am not sure if it is new. Maybe it is a Asia only collection, like Think Pink in 2008?
th_dunno.gif
I'm excited.
yes.gif

As for the lips, they used Hydra Treatment Lip-care SPF 15. Has anyone tried this before?

stv578

Shypo, I'm not the most patient person, so if any product gives me that tight feeling you're describing, I won't go back to it!!! Maybe as Winthrop mentioned, there's an ingredient that isn't working with your skin? Maybe not even a reaction per se, but just something that's too drying? I second the notion to call Vegas and ask about the cream you had tried out! This is just one of those things that shouldn't stay in vegas, berump bump. (My apologies all, no coffee yet...)

Winthrop44

Quote:
I second the notion to call Vegas and ask about the cream you had tried out! This is just one of those things that shouldn't stay in vegas, berump bump. (My apologies all, no coffee yet...)

th_LMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
The blush is Pink Clouds (asia only?) and Rose Temptation (LE for fall).
drools.gif
I'm not sure what collection Pink Clouds is coming out with, but I've never seen it before and am not sure if it is new. Maybe it is a Asia only collection, like Think Pink in 2008?
th_dunno.gif
I'm excited.
yes.gif

Bummer. Why do they insist on doing country-specific releases with JCs?

coconut

Quote:
yahoo.gif
choochoo.gif
I got Super, Riviera and the Soleil Tan De Chanel iridescent highlighting fluid as well as the base coat for nails. There were no Nouvelle Vague and the saleslady had never heard of it. I don't know if it's sold out already or if we didn't get at all?
ssad.gif
That was my number one on my list. Is it sold out in the US? I will kick myself if I miss this like I did Jade!

sneaky.gif

Riviera went so well with Super so I had to get it. Chanel polishes are my weakness. Mistral on the other hand didn't wow me so I left it there.

I had no need for a new shimmer product, but the shimmering fluid was so nice and looked very natural on my hand - light enough for me, not too sparkly or dark. And the saleslady was very eager to sell it to me, said it was the last one. Oh boy, say the magic words "last one" to a makeup addict and we know what happens!
lol.gif

Congrats on your purchases! Let me know how you like the highlighting fluid so I can live vicariously through you. I really wanted it, but my counter sold out right away!

coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
It's possible......but I don't have any irritation or redness (always a plus, and usually my biggest fear) - it feels like it does in the winter when I just need to moisturize......it could be a case where my skin is 'used to' what I normally do, and not yet accustomed to the way it's supposed to feel with the new products.....or perhaps I just need a richer night cream?

I would try using the products separately to see if you are reacting to one or other. Perhaps the serum would be lovely under your regular night cream, or possibly a richer Chanel cream. Or maybe the Hydramax is enough moisture for you, but the serum is causing a reaction. Good luck!

Bonitinha

Does Chanel carry skincare that is targeted as anti aging and anti acne at the same time? How lovely that I have to worry about breakouts and fine lines at the same time! I get so overwhelmed by skincare. Let me know if you have any suggestions
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Bummer. Why do they insist on doing country-specific releases with JCs?

Yeah.
thmbdn.gif
Anything country-specific is a bad decision.

Camnagem

Quote:
smiles.gif

Awww...you ALL look beautiful! Thanks for sharing that picture.

Quote:

How great!! Again, I'm so happy for you...what an exciting time!

Latest posts