General Chanel Chat

Winthrop44

Really? You like the browner one better?

I got the black liner today but I haven't tried it yet. I also got the Chanel LB Pearl Healthy glow. It's very pretty on my skin.

I am in LOVE with the #18 Hermes lipstick!!! It's so pretty on. I just ordered the new shade 45 Rose Ombre.

My picture is not great, but I like the new bottom one much better, yep. Here are swatches of the original RCS vs the 2019 RCF:

https://nicolished.com/chanel-rouge-coco-flash-lipstick-in-54-boy-vs-rouge-coco-shine-in-54-boy/

IRL my 2019 looks like her 2019. The one I just got is not as pink as the original RCS if that picture of it is accurate but it is a cooler pinky beige now. I like it much more than the 2019 version on my lips.

I just saw a video on the Hermès Rose Ombré lipstick. It looks very pretty. Hope you love it!

Last edited:

elegant-one

My picture is not great, but I like the new bottom one much better, yep. Here are swatches of the original RCS vs the 2019 RCF:

https://nicolished.com/chanel-rouge-coco-flash-lipstick-in-54-boy-vs-rouge-coco-shine-in-54-boy/

IRL my 2019 looks like her 2019. The one I just got is not as pink as the original RCS if that picture of it is accurate but it is a cooler pinky beige now. I like it much more than the 2019 version on my lips.

I just saw a video on the Hermès Rose Ombré lipstick. It looks very pretty. Hope you love it!
Yeah, they are really different. I haven't worn mine in a while so I'll have to get it out today to refresh my memory.
There's a video of Rose Ombre? I'll see if google finds it which it hasn't bee pulling up very good results for me lately.

r0mini0n

Holiday seems a bit boring this year. Though I'll probably end up with at least one piece per usual :)

Meanwhile still checking every day when the 362 fall palette will finally launch in Europe. Fall is always the most fun collection and even though it's red again pink I was hoping to pick up the new eyeshadow palette with the brown shade. After being available for over 7/8 weeks overseas here the only thing I read about it is "Production issues" for Europe. Right...

I thought I lucked out today when I saw they finally launched the Fall beauty in stores here but 362 was only there as a tester (which you can't touch because Covid, fair enough!) and they don't know when or if it will come in stock.
Then I went on some American sites and tried to order the Alezane blush and the 79 Spices palette (my first ever Chanel palette back in the day) because of course we don't get the good stuff here, but I can't, even after using a shipping forwarder I can't use my credit card lol.

Sorry for the long rant, obviously there are far far worse things going on in the world right now!!
However, right now: me every day checking the Chanel site =>:punch:
I need to let this go clearly!

elegant-one

I just ordered the blush....because I need more blush :rofl: :marchmellow:

I'm testing the black boy liner on my waterline today. So far so good. Also wearing Lancome shimmer mocha havana blush on my cheeks and in the crease of my lid. I forgot how naturally beautiful that blush is. Monsy turned me onto these blushes.

Monsy

I just ordered the blush....because I need more blush :rofl: :marchmellow:

I'm testing the black boy liner on my waterline today. So far so good. Also wearing Lancome shimmer mocha havana blush on my cheeks and in the crease of my lid. I forgot how naturally beautiful that blush is. Monsy turned me onto these blushes.

I am so glad to hear that. I adore lancome blushes. they are so overlooked. I have 3 of miel glace that is how much I love it. I also love shimmer mandarin sky (i think discontinued) and blushing tresor. cedar rose is gorgeous for pale skin. (as well as miel glace)

Dreamsfashion

That sounds great! I will have to try one. In the meantime a friend of mine ordered Boy RCF recently and the things she was saying about it made me suspect they may have tweaked it to look more like the original Rouge Coco Shine Boy again instead of the warmer/peachier shade they made it when the Rouge Coco Flashes first came out. I don't have my original Boy RCS but the latest Boy RCF is very much like what I remember it looking like! I'm excited because I did not like what they did to the shade when they introduced the RCFs. Here is Boy RCF from early 2019, top, and Boy RCF I received today, bottom:

View attachment 68139
I want to order this now because I want the color you got! Their nude browns are usually too rosy/mauvy for me.

elegant-one

I am so glad to hear that. I adore lancome blushes. they are so overlooked. I have 3 of miel glace that is how much I love it. I also love shimmer mandarin sky (i think discontinued) and blushing tresor. cedar rose is gorgeous for pale skin. (as well as miel glace)
It's been maybe a year? But you made me buy all of those shades! lol ALL They are so beautiful on the skin.

fur4elise

Got the new Les Chaines illuminating blush. It's so beautiful on. It's a rosy peach with the pretties good glow to it. I absolutely love how it looks on my skin. The only downside is that it's very pale/sheer. It kind of reminds me of LB Rosee in powder form.

Whoa!!! That Cuivre Rose shadow and Les Chaines de Chanel blush :love: Now on my lust list!

I confess I have been ignoring Chanel because it seems like the same colour stories over and over and over.

Last edited:

Latest posts