Gigantic Sephora palette

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHluvsMAC
it looks like those cheap $10 no brand palettes they sell in dept stores...kinda turns me off

Geez...way to rain on the parade
smiles.gif

MAC_Pixie04

All of the Sephora brand eyeshadows and blushes are reformulated. They have stronger caller payoff, smoother application, and can be used wet/dry without ruining the consistency of the product. I prefer to use them wet to get the strongest possible color out of them. Or you can apply them wet initially, then pack on the same color in its dry form to layer the color to be more intense.

That palette isn't online yet or in most other stores yet, because New York is kinda like a whole new country when it comes to Fashion/Cosmetics/Trends lol; they get everything first (As far as the US goes). It's a Limited Edition Holiday Palette, and I think it's an amazing deal and gift idea. If MAC put out something like that, you'd all be complaining about how it's $200+ and contains most colors that you either already have or don't suit you; or for collector's sake, you'll spend the money on it anyway and probably never use it. For $40, this contains colors that almost anybody can use, and if there are a few you can't, just remember that the entire thing cost less than $50, and you'll cope just fine.

ruby_soho

I want to order this online soo badly, but I'm not sure if I should. I'm still kinda worried I won't like how the shadows apply...are they chalky at all?

Bronxcutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_soho
I want to order this online soo badly, but I'm not sure if I should. I'm still kinda worried I won't like how the shadows apply...are they chalky at all?

They are not chalky at all. They put their old makeup to shame, lol I know some of you are looking for a MAC equivalent. Is it as good as MAC? No, not to me, but it's well-pigmented and has a variety of colors that compliment all skin tones. Plus, it's only $40 compared to $100 plus for the high-end brands' palettes.

xJUDYx

i just purchased it today, now the wait is on!! i love peeking out my window when i hear big trucks come by! lol

MAC_Pixie04

Ladies it's NOT too good to be true! We've got them now, and I've played with it. It's awesome.

Think about what we spend on MAC Holiday pallettes. $36 dollars for 6 eyeshadows in little tiny squares. This is $40 for 64 eye shadows, 5 blushes, a translucent setting powder and like 20 or so lipstick/gloss shades. It's NOT too good to be true. Don't psych yourself into thinking that cheaper=poorer quality. The Sephora brand eyeshadows are selling amazingly well right now, and even girls in my store some of which will only use like Stila, MAC and NARS (expensive!) are raving about them and using them as staple items. You can't go wrong with this pallette, I'm so serious. Even if I didn't work for the company I'd still be promoting the hell out of this pallette, it's amazing.

..kels*

i'm a sucker for "deals". even if it's something that i know i'll never use, i NEED to have it because it's on sale or "such a great deal". i'm worried about this one tho.. i know that sephora supposedly revamped their products, but i'm not sure if i'd get much use out of this. i have a feeling i'll try it once & stow it away because it just won't measure up to my MAC goodies. & then i'll be pissed that i wasted $40 that i could have spent on MAC. i don't know what to do!!!!! :conscience:

ruby_soho

Ok, I caved and ordered the palette. All in all, it cost me $73 after taxes, duties, and shipping :S I hope me likie..

..kels*

:crap: that's a LOT after taxing & shipping.. on second thought, i think i'll just get my aunt to pick it up for me & bring it when she visits next.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_soho
Ok, I caved and ordered the palette. All in all, it cost me $73 after taxes, duties, and shipping :S I hope me likie..

wow where the hell did you order it from and where do you live??? gosh that's a lot lol

ruby_soho

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
wow where the hell did you order it from and where do you live??? gosh that's a lot lol

In Canada. It's $40 USD, but in CAD it's $52 (I know, not a representative conversion rate at all!!!
angry.gif
) plus GST/PST, duties, and $9.95 shipping.

MAC_Pixie04

ohhhhhhhhh that's lame! well, i hope you enjoy it, it's an amazing buy, even though you didn't get the best deal on it.

have fun!

hyperRealGurl

Oh my Bajesus..... i went to order it online and (ITS OUT OF STOCK) soooooooo sad.. im really sad about this.. i hope they get more in
smiles.gif

xJUDYx

i waited alllllll day for it, & when i was nappin' ( long day of shopping ) i heard the doorbell ring and i KNEW it was for me!

its really cute! my mom even wants one. i havent had a chance to play with it yet but i WILL tomorrow!

maxipoodle1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
I saw this in November's Allure magazine, they said it's a great deal. Congrats!

Ha me too!!....can't wait to get my hands on one of these suckers!!
clap.gif

Latest posts